Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> World Series actually a world series

Do you support a World Series between the AMerican and Japanese Leagues?

Yes- but make the season shorter for both leagues so the time spent playing isn't as much [ 1 ] ** [12.50%]
Yes- Add a series after the american one [ 5 ] ** [62.50%]
No [ 2 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
2000 rushing yards
post Jan 7 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #1

HOF/ #1 TCC Orioles Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Joe
Transactions: 174
(View: Pending | Failed)

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_leagu...?urn=mlb,212323

We were just talking about what moves Bud Selig might make to bolster his legacy before he steps down as baseball's commissioner in 2012, so it probably comes as no surprise that he's thinking big.

Like, globally big.

According to the AP, Selig and Japanese commissioner Ryozo Kato are meeting in Milwaukee and have discussed the possibility of a Global World Series that would pit the World Series champions against the champions from the Nippon Professional Baseball league in Japan.

From the Associated Press:

"In meetings with Japanese commissioner Ryozo Kato in Milwaukee, MLB commissioner Bud Selig proposed that the Japanese and U.S. champions play each other, the Nikkansports newspaper reported Thursday.

"'I was surprised, Mr. Selig said he wants to realize the plan before his tenure ends,' Kato told Nikkansports.

"Selig is set to retire in 2012. When he took office in 2008, Kato, a former Japanese ambassador to the United States, said one of his goals was an international series between the world's two biggest baseball nations."

There isn't much to this Nikkansports report past those few paragraphs, so we'll have to wait and see just how serious Selig and Kato are about this proposal. Considering that Selig has a serious jonesin' for expanding the game internationally (see the Classic, World Baseball) and that Japan lives, breathes and sleeps baseball, it's not outside the realm of possibilities.

But it's also hard to imagine that the same challenges that face the WBC — scheduling, increased risk of injury to pitchers and apathetic American players — won't also hamper the Global World Series. The player's union would certainly put up a big fight during an attempted adoption as this goes past the usual All-Star goodwill trips to Japan (pictured) that we've seen in the past.

Personally, I'd enjoy seeing how the whole thing would work and the quality of play that we'd be able to see. (This season we would have seen the Yankees vs. the Yomiuri Giants.)

But I also think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly and I'm not sure you could pay the players enough money to extend a season that keeps getting longer and longer.

What do you think?

It would be very interesting to see i'd say yes but, they have to shorten the playoffs so it end the same time the MLB world series ends

4370 Orioles cards and counting.... 4000 has come!! Now off for 5000!
user posted image
user posted image
I sell/trade team lots shoot me a PM for more info,

What I am looking for:
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Ravens
Andrew Bynum

TRADELIST ON PHOTOBUCKET
For all of your NPN needs! Upper Deck's NPN site[/size]

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bennyblog
post Jan 9 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #2

All-Star
Group Icon

First Name: Ben
Transactions: 21

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

That wouold definetly be awesome if the Japanese champs played the american champs, especially if there was a top Japanese player on the american league like i don't maybe Dice-K, or Ichiro.... just sayin

I am the #1 Kevin Youkilis Collector!
Visit Mah Photobucket!: http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/Bennyblob/

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
2000 rushing yards
post Jan 11 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #3

HOF/ #1 TCC Orioles Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Joe
Transactions: 174

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

so far adding an extra series to the end of the MLB season is winning, I'd like to hear why they shouldn't make something like 5 game playoff series or shrink the season in favor of it?

4370 Orioles cards and counting.... 4000 has come!! Now off for 5000!
user posted image
user posted image
I sell/trade team lots shoot me a PM for more info,

What I am looking for:
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Ravens
Andrew Bynum

TRADELIST ON PHOTOBUCKET
For all of your NPN needs! Upper Deck's NPN site[/size]

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 25th April 2024 - 11:55 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us