Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

captkirk42's Blog
Stuff about my collection

entry Oct 30 2016, 05:44 AM
More 1975 Topps Baseball set building material plus a vintage childhood hero rookie card and its story.

Saturday 29 October 2016:
2 package kind of day.

Package 1: Sportlots Store purchase 16 cards subtotal $3.27 + $2.75 shipping 5 “bonus” cards
1975 Topps Baseball:
52 Darrell Porter Brewers
73 J.R. Richard Astros
74 Mark Belanger Orioles
286 Mike Jorgensen Expos
288 Bruce Ellingsen Indians
291 Bill Sudakis Yankees
292 Ron Schueler Phillies
295 Vada Pinson Royals
314 Buck Martinez Royals
315 Don Kessinger Cubs
316 Jackie Brown Rangers
322 Ed Goodson Giants
327 Jerry Hairston White Sox
353 Luis Melendez Cardinals

1992 Pro Set Football:
366 Spirit of the Game: Los Angeles Rams
374 Spirit of the Game: Washington Redskins

BONUS CARDS: Used as team bag protection bookends
1988 Donruss Baseball
384 Denny Walling Astros
508 Robbie Wine Astros
578 Ty Gainey Astros
2000 Skybox Dominion Baseball: Checklist cards 203-300 plus insert cards Unmarked
2000 Topps Baseball: 1 Checklist cards 1-201 Unmarked.

Package 2: A long awaited one. Here is the back story: At the end of September I ordered 3 items from Ebay using Paypal 2 books and 1 card (this vintage Rookie Card). I put them all in my shopping cart and then did my usual checkout. The total was approximately $20 for everything Free Shipping. I noticed when I got the shipping confirmation emails from the sellers that the "ship to: address was wrong. The packages were being sent to an apartment address in Connecticut, not my own address. UGH. Apparently someone had hacked my Ebay account and changed the primary ship to address. I deleted the wrong address and changed my password also changed my Paypal password. My address was correct there except on the order info. I looked on Ebay to see what you are supposed to do and they said contact the sellers, and try to reroute the packages from the Post Office. I sent each seller the same “contact seller” message that I had been hacked and the item was headed for a wrong address. I couldn’t remember or don’t have a USPS account so I couldn’t re-route the packages before they arrived at the bad address in CT. I had to play the waiting game to see if things got returned. They have been. Well one of the book sellers had another copy of the book and sent a replacement copy. When the original copy gets back to them they will just resell. The others were “Sorry Charlie” we can’t do anything until it gets returned. The other book has been returned, my account refunded for that one, and I’ll have to “repurchase” to get the book. The card was returned and the seller asked for my correct address to resend. That was about 2 weeks ago. Finally the card arrived. The seller was Dean’s Cards out of Ohio. The card is a vintage rookie card of one of my childhood heroes. I got it for $12 Free Shipping. They rated the card a 2 “Good” condition. In addition to resending the returned card they sent a replacement card (same 2 good rating) so now I have two Roman Gabriel RCs.

1962 Topps Football: 88 Roman Gabriel RC Rams
Note the small black and white picture on the front of the card has some guy in number 17 that is not Roman Gabriel. I first was aware of that when someone on a blog mentioned the error. I had never paid that much attention before, but the 17 on the uniform is glaring, and it doesn’t even look like a Rams uniform. Looks more like Giants, the Vintage Football Card Gallery says it is Y.A. Tittle but he was number 14. Maybe its a spring training or PreSeason picture. Speaking of jersey numbers, why isn’t Roman’s number 18 retired, or Kurt Warner’s 13? Number 18 is currently worn by Wide Receiver Kenny Britt and number 13 is worn by Wide Receiver Michael Thomas.

« Next Oldest · captkirk42's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

My Picture
User Photo

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 03:48 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us