Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

13 Pages « < 11 12 13 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Boxbreakers August FB Hobby Group Break, Break is complete.

crpalmi
post Aug 30 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #241

Crpalmi
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 2348
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: Tcben2002

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I'd prefer to keep this every month if folks are ok with that. I also don't want the product list to be too structured as that limits me from buying bargains when I see them as that allows us to add more products. I am going to try to get the next thread up soon and while it will include an 07 box, that will likely be the last time we regularly see 07 included. That's not to say that if there are great deals on an 07 product going forward we might not bring it back but it won't be a regular occurrance.

I'm not proposing doing away with 24 pack boxes but merely having less than we have currently. I still like the one high end box with the rest being mid-range but when the new list is posted I'll look for feedback on your thoughts on the mix.

As for the unclaimed teams, I'm open to whatever you guys want to propose.

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nlr4434
post Aug 30 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #242

MVP
Group Icon

Transactions: 116

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only and No Posting

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(crpalmi @ Aug 30 2011, 11:53 AM)
I'd prefer to keep this every month if folks are ok with that. I also don't want the product list to be too structured as that limits me from buying bargains when I see them as that allows us to add more products. I am going to try to get the next thread up soon and while it will include an 07 box, that will likely be the last time we regularly see 07 included. That's not to say that if there are great deals on an 07 product going forward we might not bring it back but it won't be a regular occurrance.

I'm not proposing doing away with 24 pack boxes but merely having less than we have currently. I still like the one high end box with the rest being mid-range but when the new list is posted I'll look for feedback on your thoughts on the mix.

Typed out a long response but one is its your break Chris you gotta do the work if we dont like it we know where the door is lol. (And I meant that nicely and no other way)

User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
bajmurray
post Aug 30 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #243

bajmurray
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 423

eBay: bajmurray

Awards:
2009 ROY - Newcomer December 2009 TCC Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Speaking for myself (although I feel I'm not alone in this), my reasons for making suggestions are purely selfish.

This is a break I look forward to every month, both for the quality and the on-line comraderie. I was concerned that Chris was getting a little "burnt out" and that's why I was in favor of every 2 months. (Whatever it took to keep the break going!)

I'm thrilled that it is going to be kept as a monthly break.

I think the mix on one high end, and mostly mid-range is perfect. I also love the video portion, and I think there are some more products we can bust that fit both the time-frame of a video as well as the definition of mid-range.

In addition to my suggestions in an earlier post, we could also occasionally do 2008 Leaf Limited.

Maybe the lower end products could be limited to either when Chris gets a great deal, or else the newest release. That way there is still a novelty to it.

Anyway, thanks as always for running the break, Chris! I can't wait until next month!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

HOF GU/AUTO Collection status:
Baseball 116 ~ Football 153 ~ Hockey 113

Please check out my ebay store: Murray's Sports Collectibles.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Murrays-Sports...s__W0QQ_armrsZ1

NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
nlr4434
post Aug 30 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #244

MVP
Group Icon

Transactions: 116

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only and No Posting

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bajmurray @ Aug 30 2011, 02:12 PM)
Speaking for myself (although I feel I'm not alone in this), my reasons for making suggestions are purely selfish.

This is a break I look forward to every month, both for the quality and the on-line comraderie. I was concerned that Chris was getting a little "burnt out" and that's why I was in favor of every 2 months. (Whatever it took to keep the break going!)

I'm thrilled that it is going to be kept as a monthly break.

I think the mix on one high end, and mostly mid-range is perfect.  I also love the video portion, and I think there are some more products we can bust that fit both the time-frame of a video as well as the definition of mid-range.

In addition to my suggestions in an earlier post, we could also occasionally do 2008 Leaf Limited.

Maybe the lower end products could be limited to either when Chris gets a great deal, or else the newest release. That way there is still a novelty to it.

Anyway, thanks as always for running the break, Chris! I can't wait until next month!

Cant wait to see the new box lineup because then its going to be an easier to give an opinion on the subject.

+Quote Post
BOBKONING
post Aug 31 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #245

All-Star
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 107

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(crpalmi @ Aug 30 2011, 07:53 AM)

Sounds great Chris! Thanks again for running the breaks!

NFL Team:
+Quote Post
faulkrules
post Aug 31 2011, 09:21 AM
Post #246

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Ed
Transactions: 229

Awards:
2010 Best Patch

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(BOBKONING @ Aug 30 2011, 11:34 PM)
Sounds great Chris!  Thanks again for running the breaks!

Agree! I am truly OK with whatever happens. Unless you decide to do all Topps Unique, Bowman Sterling and SP Chirography....then I'm outta here!! laugh.gif

COLLECTING PACKERS AND HOF'ERS

NEED ANY AND ALL 2006 NATIONAL TREASURES

Profile Card
+Quote Post
faulkrules
post Aug 31 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #247

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Ed
Transactions: 229

Awards:
2010 Best Patch

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bajmurray @ Aug 30 2011, 12:12 PM)
and the on-line comraderie.

I finally got to see the 'comraderie' this month...both of 'em! laugh.gif wink.gif

COLLECTING PACKERS AND HOF'ERS

NEED ANY AND ALL 2006 NATIONAL TREASURES

Profile Card
+Quote Post
deantap
post Sep 1 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #248

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Patrick Caviness
Transactions: 263

eBay: deantap

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I like this break every month as long as it doesn't becomes too much for Chris. I'm sure if he needs a break he would have no problem saying so as he has done in the past. As far as product, I agree just watching a 24 pack box being broken gets a little taxing at times and would like to see more 10-12 pack boxes with a hi-end box mixed in there.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
Gadsden86
post Sep 5 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #249

#1 Oronde Gadsden Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Justin
Transactions: 164

eBay: Powerhousesportscards

OpenChecklist:
gadsden86

Awards:
2009 & 2010 Best Team Collection

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

i love the monthly thing and i like the 1 high end and a few mid and 1 or 2 lower end. I say we stick to 08 and newer though as the redemptions in teh older stuff just stink.
Cant wait for more 2011 stuff as it seems the dolphins picks are in it a bit tongue.gif

I collect Mainly Jared Odrick, Cameron Wake & Oronde Gadsden
Total Dolphins: 9599 W/ 1350+ Gu'ed & Auto
TTM Returns 177/250 70%
user posted image
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Gadsden86/

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post

13 Pages « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 26th April 2024 - 07:52 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us