Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> And So It Begins..., My Collection Going Forwards....

DiaperDandy
post Oct 16 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Back to Basics - Braves
Group Icon

Members Referred: 87
First Name: Ty
Transactions: 122
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: ChristiansCardboard

OpenChecklist:
DiaperDandy

Awards:
Trader of the Month - Jul. '06

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I have been hoarding cards for the last 30 years.

Notice that the word collecting was not used...

I have more player collections, rookie hot lists, and partial sets than the Braves had problems this past year. It is now time for a change.

Having had a couple of weeks to think about things and a business trip this past week where I read and studied a lot away from email and my computer, I came to some conclusions as to my collecting future. Going forwards, it will be my mission to complete all Topps Baseball Base sets from 1970 to current and Upper Deck Base Sets from 1989 to Current. I may add Bowman at a later time. I have a large chunk of this done already but still have plenty of work to complete the job.

With over 600,000 cards at the present, that leaves me with a few extras....I plan to trade and sell off the excess to fund the finishing up of what I have already started.

I am by no means leaving, I am just starting to "collect". My wife and I are now looking at expanding our family and a new home with more space. For some reason, new future family members keep winning over space that is currently occupied by baseball cards. For some strange reason, my wife votes for more family space and less cards and says that my vote is nullified for lack of credibility..... In seriousness, I do want to continue the hobby, I just have to have some better guidelines. I will continue my Chipper, Andruw and Baby Braves but will part with a lot of the others such as Giles, Maddux and Sheffield, etc.

I will be separating into player lots first and then into team lots with the remaining cards that do not fit player lists.... I will be posting want lists as soon as possible as to what I need and want to trade for what I need but will gladly sell what I have if you need it and cannot help me from my lists... This will take some time to get organized but in the long run will certainly be worth it.... Until the first list is posted smile.gif .......

Looking to trade for any of my missing BRAVES :)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
ffman
post Oct 16 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #2

Merry Christmas!
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Cody
Transactions: 147
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Good luck with your new collection.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image
RIP Daze_fan l RIP Steve McNair l RIP Chris Henry l RIP tazmocan
Collecting: Mickey Mantle, Tennessee Titans, 2006 Vince Young

My new trade page:

ffman's Cards for Trade

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DiaperDandy   And So It Begins...   Oct 16 2006, 06:34 PM
ffman   Good luck with your new collection.   Oct 16 2006, 06:36 PM
Hallsgator   Well good luck with your new Endevors! I shoul...   Oct 16 2006, 06:37 PM
DiaperDandy   Thanks guys, I am working to have a want list late...   Oct 16 2006, 07:35 PM
Bolted_Down   WOW! The first step is admitting...LOL 600,0...   Oct 16 2006, 08:35 PM
ffman   I might be interested in rookies up for trade.   Oct 16 2006, 08:36 PM
über   gl on your new collection!   Oct 16 2006, 08:37 PM
gopackgo   Wow that sounds tough, but exciting....if you sit ...   Oct 16 2006, 08:40 PM
DiaperDandy   I guess I should call this more of a new direction...   Oct 16 2006, 08:50 PM
DiaperDandy   So go ahead and start pointing out those out there...   Oct 16 2006, 09:07 PM
artyman60   HAHA so i am guessing you dont want that nomar lot...   Oct 16 2006, 09:17 PM
DiaperDandy   With all the restraint that I can muster, I must...   Oct 16 2006, 09:28 PM
braves4life1025   u need any 06 topps series 2? and i left a PM abou...   Oct 16 2006, 09:55 PM
DiaperDandy   I will have a list posted of need 2006 Topps to...   Oct 17 2006, 11:01 AM
jflan702   Hi Ty, Have fun with your new endeavor, quite a c...   Oct 17 2006, 09:03 PM
DiaperDandy   I just love it when a line forms :)   Oct 17 2006, 09:15 PM
vitalejd   where does the line form? :)   Feb 7 2007, 11:04 AM
yankeesjetsfan   Good luck Ty. Let me know if you find any Tino Mar...   Oct 18 2006, 01:08 PM
HOFerAutoCollector   I have boxes of 88 topps and 04 topps available fo...   Feb 6 2007, 10:44 AM
StroBro   yea you know for those chippers you listed from my...   Feb 6 2007, 03:15 PM
DiaperDandy   I will have a list of Bags and Bigs tomorrow fo...   Feb 6 2007, 09:33 PM
HOFerAutoCollector   did you need the boxes?   Feb 7 2007, 11:05 AM
DiaperDandy   I have tons of the ones you offered already, thank...   Feb 7 2007, 01:01 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th April 2024 - 01:07 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us