Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> OK experts - Qs about Football cards 1993-present!, Infomation or scans highly appreciated

jaderock
post Jul 14 2005, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 48
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

This is a partial list of my Mark Brunell. I had some questions about particular cards that need some answers or pictures (from the same set). As always, thanks in advance.

1.Action Packed Mint Parallel #218G - this parallel was not recognized by Beckett until late last year - 11 years after this card was issued - I believe (not for sure) that it's #218G - A guy on Beckett Marketplace said he had it and sold it but didn't have a picture of it. Anyone have one of these parallel from this set?? AND its not the 24K set!

2.Pacific Gridiron Platinum #53 Apparently, there is a platinum parallel (I thought it was "platinum BLUE", but a fellow collector said the blue was the hobby base and the red was the retail base. Again, anyone with a picture of a platinum from this set?
3.Pinnacle Gold Plated Coin #26 - Was the Pinnacle coins that UNPOPULAR? I actually like these, but never see many single parallels nor parallel coins as people ALWAYS think the BRASS is the GOLD! ALSO DID THE COINS IN 1996 COME AS A SOLID SILVER AND GOLD? -LIKE THE '97 AND '98 SETS?
4.Pro Stamps Team Set #JJ3 - what is this? You Jax fans know anything or is it before your time?
5.Topps Promo #60 - In the SCD Annual it listed this a promo dealer set with the same card # as the regular issue - where would I look for the word "promo"? there are 5 other promos - Quentin Coryatt #35, Kerry Collins #50, Mark Carrier #73, Mel Gray #145, and Ben Coates #405 - any pics?
6.TSC Sunday Night Redemption #16A - oversized card - anyone here ever seen one? Does anyone know the print run of this set?

7. Action Packed Extra Point #27 - WHAT IS THIS? I have a gold and 1st Impression, but this has puzzled me for years and it books FOR .10 with the regular card at $1.50!
8. Crown Royale Pro Bowl Die Cut Hawaii Trade Conference #10 - How rare is this? Is it #'d?
9. Pinnacle Rembrandt "cancelled/redeemed stamp" #9 - What does the cancel stamp look like? Did anyone every redeem these - either bronze, silver or gold:?:

10. Score Reserve Collection #46
Score Reserve Collection#320 - Anyone have a reserve collection card of ANY player??? I've only seen one in my entire life. Why are these so scarce?
11. Studio Postcard Portraits #5
Studio Postcard Portraits #27 - See this listed but STILL don't know what it is - any pics from this set?!?

12. Collector's Edge Supreme Season Review Markers PREVIEW #14 - heard these were given to dealers - what was the print run and does anyone have one of thee PREVIEWS?
13. Collector's Edge Advantage Silver #74 (W/O WHITE CARDBOARD IN MIDDLE)
Collector's Edge Advantage Gold #74 (W/O WHITE CARDBOARD IN MIDDLE) - a nice VARIATION. check you stock - a large dealer said it looked to be about 20% where printed like this. Has anyone else seen/have these?
14. Playoff Absolute Retail Green #66
Playoff Momentum 7-11 #1 - love to find these retail parallels!!! Any scans of these 2 types?
15. Skybox Autographics Redemption Card #12 - his Autographics card was apparently issued as a redemption also - anyway? I have an Asher that was a redemption, but haven't seen Brunell's before.
16. Upper Deck SP Memorbilia #M30 - was this a redemption card of some sort?
17. Collector's Edge Fury Galvanized Preview #22- Issued by either Shop at Home or HSN as a set - anyone have this?
18.Fleer Mystique Pendemonium #17 - is this a #1/1 item (a pen with stand and autograph card)? I have the Jake Plummer but want to verify this.
19. Playoff Absolute Playoff Fever #11 - This "set" IS listed on beckett - but what is it - anyone have any info?
Playoff Momentum Game Day Signatures #40 (#/25) - Paying $80 that's 100%BV!
20. Score Air Mail 1st Class #19 (#/50) - anyone with a scan of a "1st class parallel of ANY player"?
Fleer Autographics SP #MB -paying $40 for this -133%BV
21. Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1996 Playoff Illusions XXXI #78"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1996 Playoff Prime #176"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1996 Playoff Prime X's and O's #176"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1996 Playoff Contenders Pennents #90"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1996 Playoff Contenders Leather #90"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1996 Playoff Contenders Open Field #90"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1996 Playoff Absolute Quad Series #14"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1997 Playoff Contenders Pennents ##21"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1997 Playoff Contenders Clash Silver #9"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1997 Playoff Contenders Clash Gold #9"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1997 Playoff Contenders Performer Plaques #33"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1997 Playoff Contenders Performer Plaques Blue #33"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1997 Playoff Contenders Leather Helmet #15"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1999 Playoff Momentum Gridiron Force #18"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "1999 Playoff Contenders Triple Threat #8"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "2000 Playoff Contenders #45"
Playoff Honors Retail Buyback "2000 Playoff Contenders Hawaii 5-0" -- GUYS AND GIRLS maybe when you originally found this at a Walmart/Target/ToysRUs you thought nothing of it - but I need it, Please search. Anyone out that collect's this retail buyback?
22. Fleer Collectibles #29 - What's this?
23. SP Game Used Formation Four Wide #FBBH (#/25)
SP Game Used Formation Four Wide Gold #FBBH (#/10) Anyone have these formation four wide? tough to search on ebay!
24. Upper Deck Pro & Prospects GOLD #124 (#/50) - Simms and Brunell Auto. Even though this is a sticker autos of the 2 - it has never surfaced...does it exist?
25. Ultimate Collection Signature Quads Manning/McNabb/Leftwich/Brunell #MMLB (#/5)- About how much would this go for w/ the other 3 being studs and brunell being the dud I hate quads as its very hard to do a title search for it on ebay. Has any of the 5 surfaced on ebay that I was unaware of?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Jul 22 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #2

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 111
First Name: Bob
Transactions: 567

eBay: tccstaff

SportsBuy: 61309

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:
Trader of the Month - Sep. '05, Nov. '06

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jaderock @ Jul 14 2005, 08:47 PM)
This is a partial list of my Mark Brunell. I had some questions about particular cards that need some answers or pictures (from the same set). As always, thanks in advance.

2.Pacific Gridiron Platinum #53 Apparently, there is a platinum parallel (I thought it was "platinum BLUE", but a fellow collector said the blue was the hobby base and the red was the retail base. Again, anyone with a picture of a platinum from this set?

Wow. This one will take some time. I'll try to help you out as much as possible - even if I look into 1-2 a day for awhile. wink.gif

For this one, there is a seller with 6 of the 1996 Pacific Gridiron Platinum cards on eBay right now. Click here to view one of those auctions which includes an image.

You may look at the picture and immediately say the auction is incorrectly labeled, but I figured it was worth a look. The seller also implies they have additional cards from the set.

Only 24 more to go. wink.gif

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image
TradingCardCentral.com - THE resource for trading card collectors.

Founder
user posted image
OpenChecklist.com - software tools and services for trading card collectors.

My trade lists: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey | Racing | Everything
You Spent Bob's Money, Now Make Bob Money! Round 1: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Jul 22 2005, 05:35 PM
Post #3

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jaderock @ Jul 14 2005, 08:47 PM)
11. Studio Postcard Portraits #5
Studio Postcard Portraits #27 - See this listed but STILL don't know what it is - any pics from this set?!?

GamesAndCards.com has 10 cards from this set listed on their site at the moment and the listings include nice, large scans. Click here to view those listings.

Actually, by searching differently on their site, I just found the #27 card for sale! Click here and buy it!

Then, also take a look at their overall list of Brunell cards by clicking here. I see at least one 1/1 card ($100) in the listings.

Let us know what all you buy. wink.gif

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

You Spent Bob's Money, Now Make Bob Money! Round 1: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
jaderock
post Jul 22 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #4

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jul 22 2005, 03:35 PM)
GamesAndCards.com has 10 cards from this set listed on their site at the moment and the listings include nice, large scans. 

Then, also take a look at their overall list of Brunell cards by clicking here.  I see at least one 1/1 card ($100) in the listings. 

Let us know what all you buy.   wink.gif

-Bob

Bob,

Thanks for looking at my questions. I've email the ebay guy about the platiunm.

As for Gamesandcards.com - back in 11/04 I saw this and inquired about trading for it -thinking that it was too expensive. I had offered 1 for 1 exchanges or either 04 Pristine Printing plates of either McNabb or E James or a 04 UD plate of McNair. They said thank you but we'll see if there's any interest in it til the end of the season.

I waited and in 2/05 - I contacted them again and offered 1 of 1 trades of G Maddux or B Crosby or McNair, or F Taylor and others OR $50 and they said sure Crosby AND $50. OMG

At $50, I would be paying about $20 more than any of my long time ebay nemisis! To make matters worse after the 2/05 contact I made, the following week on Beckett they made the card $125! I see it's $100 here, but they are pricing themselves out of the market. I have bought nemerous low end cards in the past however.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

NBA Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Jul 23 2005, 07:23 AM
Post #5

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jaderock @ Jul 22 2005, 07:26 PM)
Thanks for looking at my questions. I've email the ebay guy about the platiunm.

<snip>

I see it's $100 here, but they are pricing themselves out of the market. I have bought nemerous low end cards in the past however.

Not a problem. Did you get this one from GamesAndCards.com?

1997 Studio POSTCARD PORTRAITS #27 MARK BRUNELL JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

The 1/1 cards are definitely where you'd have to be careful about what you give up for them (cash or cards) since they could quickly amount to a small fortune as everyone prices them wherever they want basically.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
jaderock
post Aug 16 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jul 23 2005, 05:23 AM)
1997 Studio POSTCARD PORTRAITS #27 MARK BRUNELL JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

-Bob

I have emailed 3 sellers on beckett about this and none have the time of day to reply back to me. There are some sellers that list the 8x10 as Postcard Portraits as well. UGH!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

user posted image

NBA Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Aug 22 2005, 01:05 PM
Post #7

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jaderock @ Aug 16 2005, 03:21 PM)
I have emailed 3 sellers on beckett about this and none have the time of day to reply back to me. There are some sellers that list the 8x10 as Postcard Portraits as well. UGH!

Is the one listed on the GamesAndCards.com web site not the correct card? They still have it listed there right now. unsure.gif

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
jaderock
post Sep 14 2005, 01:02 PM
Post #8

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 22 2005, 11:05 AM)
Is the one listed on the GamesAndCards.com web site not the correct card?  They still have it listed there right now.   unsure.gif

-Bob

The answer is yes- it's the wrong card. $2 for a base card! No reply to the original question and here's the reply after I recieved it.

Customer Service <cs@gamesandcards.com> wrote:
Nothing we can do except refund, we don't have the postcard version - apparantley, we incorrectly entered the base cards as postcard portraits.. I will refund your $2 purchase - would you like me to send you something else instead? would you like me to refund payment by paypal? let me know.. thanks..arto

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

user posted image

NBA Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Sep 14 2005, 03:24 PM
Post #9

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jaderock @ Sep 14 2005, 02:02 PM)
The answer is yes- it's the wrong card.

Too bad, but I guess it was worth a shot.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 25th April 2024 - 08:12 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us