Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Reminder on Trade/Sale Agreements, Update in a timely manner!

RGBII
post Apr 23 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 335
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: stevescollectibles9432

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:
2010 MVP Member 2010 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2009 MVP CZT Member 2009 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2008 Most Generous 2008 Thread of the Year 2008 Favorite Set Collection

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Here are the site Guidelines for Trades/Sales . . .

Once you have worked out the details of a trade with another collector, you should post the trade in this forum to document the agreement. Please follow these basic guidelines when posting trades:

1. One of the collectors involved in the trade should add a new topic documenting the details of the trade.
2. The other collector involved in the trade should then review the post and add a reply that the details of the trade are correct and are agreed upon.
3. When each collector receives their item(s), they should add a reply indicating that the item(s) were received and any additional feedback.
4. Once both collectors have received their items and replied with their confirmation and feedback, the trade post will be closed by a TCC team member and moved to the Completed Transactions forum.

Please understand that Trading Card Central does not serve any role in the trade other than to provide the means for you to find and trade with other collectors. It is your responsibility to trade wisely and to keep your end of all agreements.

If problems occur with any trade, a TCC team member may become involved in order to resolve the dispute. Any collector who does not complete trades as agreed upon risks being removed from the TCC Collector Zone.

We ask you veterans of the site when trading/buying/selling
with a "rookie" to please walk them through the process. A
simple explanation of the sequences involved and timely
updating of the agreement will do.

We also request . . .

Scratch that, we demand that requests for updates be
complied with in a timely manner. They're simply
too many trades/sales agreements to take care of
and too little time in the day to send multiple,
unanswered requests for updates. Please folks, as
a courtesy to your trading/sale partner and the CZT,
update your agreements in an expeditious manner.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NYStateOfMind1976
post Apr 23 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #2

It is what it is...
Group Icon

First Name: Adam
Transactions: 339

eBay: adam_the_game

Awards:
February 2010 Pack Pull of the Month, September 2009 Pack Pull of the Month, 2009 TCC Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Well said.

Thanks for the reminder to all

user posted image

I am hunting for the following:(Gu/Au)
- NYY: Jeter, Mattingly, vintage and HOF Yankees
-If you know me anything is possible but you have to know the secret stuff I will bite on.

User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
edgerrin32
post Apr 23 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #3

TCC's mr. talk a lot! :)>
Group Icon

First Name: Jason
Transactions: 37

Awards:
November 2010 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great point!

I read a lot of sales/trades where there are 10 pm's sent to someone before the update! And sometimes they are 3,4,5 days apart!! I don't have a lot of deals on here because mostly of what I collect and have already. But I know how it works! Just check my eBay for proof of that! But the big one I don't get is people that get on and have pending stuff and cant update it. But you will see them in topics trying to get more deals! And there will be 2-3 things in there trades saying to update it? blink.gif Its different if your not on for a day or 2, but if you can get on then you should be able to update!

Always looking for Edgerrin James and Javarris James cards I need!

**MY WANTS**
-2007 topps tx superbowl ticket stub auto versions only. Base set of stubs is done!
-2001-2006 topps tix super tix superbowl ticket stub cards and auto version.
-Colts Super Bowl tickets from any Super Bowl they played in. Prefer full tickets but would be open to stubs as well. Only tickets from the Manning ERA!
-A Super Bowl ticket or stub from the AZ Cardinals and Steelers.
-Any full ticket or stub that has Edgerrin James on it!
-Edgerrin James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Javarris James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Any checklist that has Edgerrin or Javarris James name on it!
-Any cards of the actors from Married With Children.
-Ice-T auto- From Razor.
-Some of the Celebrity GU and autos. Mostly famous movie actors I like. Nothing super high end.

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
mjda
post Apr 23 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #4

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 268

Awards:
May 2009 Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(RGBII @ Apr 23 2010, 09:06 PM)
1. One of the collectors involved in the trade should add a new topic documenting the details of the trade. Please include "Trade: " in the title of all trade agreement posts.

I don't believe members of the site determine the title of their agreements. Unless something has changed since my last trade, the title is created by the transaction manager when a transaction is created.

There is a small description of the process of creating a transaction on the FAQ page, which can be found here.

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
RGBII
post Apr 23 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #5

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 335

eBay: stevescollectibles9432

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:
2010 MVP Member 2010 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2009 MVP CZT Member 2009 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2008 Most Generous 2008 Thread of the Year 2008 Favorite Set Collection

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Copied and pasted from the original
guidelines, pre-automation of the
trade/sale button.

We'll get that taken care of.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

+Quote Post
mjda
post Apr 23 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #6

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 268

Awards:
May 2009 Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(RGBII @ Apr 23 2010, 10:09 PM)
Copied and pasted from the original
guidelines, pre-automation of the
trade/sale button.

We'll get that taken care of.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

I edited my prior post while you were replying with a link to where a short description of the transaction creating process can be found.

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Kmart6nets
post Apr 23 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #7

An unhealthy obsession with Kenyon Martin
Group Icon

First Name: Tom
Transactions: 150

eBay: kmart6netsfan

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Yeah I've noticed that's been outdated for a while now... never said anything though!

Always trading for Kenyon Martin

"With no regard for human life!"

My Photobucket! The Kenyon Thread

Protect your cards!

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Zimbow
post Apr 25 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #8

I need a vacation
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 216

eBay: centralfalc1616

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Ahhh, so it's bad to update a trade every 5 days or so.... I get it now.

Bob.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Apr 25 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #9

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Zimbow @ Apr 25 2010, 03:43 AM)
Ahhh, so it's bad to update a trade every 5 days or so.... I get it now.

I must be missing where that was said above or were you told that by someone in a different place? As I would rather see too many updates than none at all. There really isn't a Too Much Information when it comes to transactions as the more that is documented the less potential "issues" there is in my experience.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Apr 25 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #10

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

If things come up, folks should post in the transaction so their partner and the CZT know what is going on. Instead of having to prod them and get the "I've been busy and haven't mailed yet (week to 10 days later). Same with when folks are on the site every day but ignore multiple update requests (as I woujld rather spend more of my time enjoying this site like the rest of you rather than spend hours in transactions on a daily basis).

I would like to add to the above:

1. If International trade/sale please post that in the transaction. I know the majority of the folks from elsewhere (especially in Canada as I collect Hockey), but not all the CZT know who is and isn't. This might prevent you from getting an update request in a week (as I have yet to have one go to Canada in 7 days, Europe yes but not Canada, which I don't understand wink.gif ).

2. If something comes up with trade (delayed shipping, wrong card sent, damaged card returned etc... etc...) please post that in transaction thread so the CZT can follow along, and would be considerate to PM the other party with such information. The "I informed the other party response" but not posting that in thread what is going on is annoying if I have to do another update request to get that info.

3. If you get an update request, answer any questions that are asked by the CZT in that post. If no questions are asked in that request please reread all the posts as there is usually something being asked by us or the other party in the thread (as we don't always have time to keep asking the same question, as again I would rather enjoy the site like you do trading and discussing the hobby). That or like in a sale thread, you have forgotten to post that you have rec'd payment as we can't assume anything, and need it spelled out so we can close it out.

4. If problems occur please try and work it out amongst the two of you, as that is the best way to do it. Also try and be reasonable and put yourself in the other persons shoes so to speak, as when things get "heated" nothing will get resolved ever or rarely. The CZT can't make folks do something (send card back etc..), as all we can do is restrict or ban an account (and believe it or not we really don't like doing either tongue.gif). If things can't get worked out then we will try and help out, but again we can only make suggestions. Remember once a transaction is agreed upon it can only be completed or failed.
We can't just "cancel or delete" one if neither send or if cards are returned and nothing else is worked out in replacement.

5. If DC or insurance was used please post number in transaction so we don't have to ask later if problems arise.

6. If wanting an update please try and PM trading partner first, if no response then post in thread and we will send them one.
As sometimes you can do things yourself w/o us having to get involved, also be patient and give it at least a week first.

Again we get no enjoyment from putting folks on restriction (ok I can't talk for everyone, but I still think that is a given), as I would rather do other things with my time than keep tabs on folks, and have discussions in our area about members here that need restrictions put on or modified later on (as is a lot of work digging thru things to make a educated decision). But it is a strange coincidence that once we give up and make someone red how fast we get an update (we are not totally stupid or don't notice these things).

We are human too and make mistakes, so keep that in mind. Life generally is a two way street, if you treat folks with respect you will generally get the same back (exceptions to every rule yes, but they not the majority). Being ignored annoys just about everyone. Same goes if I send you a PM asking you to not do something I would much rather have you send me one back that you don't agree with me than just ignore my PM. You will lose more "points" so to speak with me if you ignore me, exception being if you go off on me in your disagreement with my request or argue for the sake of arguing. Least in my book you won't lose any points telling me you don't agree with me if done in a polite manner. I am pretty good at being impartial and basing decisions on each situation (when applicable), but I'm human and some folks seem to try and "get under my skin", so then it is more difficult to treat everyone the same but that is still my goal to treat everyone the same.

Again we would rather enjoy the site doing other things with our time, as we volunteer here to try and help out, but would rather spend more time trading etc.
like the rest of you are able to.

Probably more I might add later (as I'm just waking up and not enough coffee in my system yet). Ditto for if something doesn't make sense lmk, as it may have come out "hazy" laugh.gif And if too long of a read, sorry but I felt it needed to be said.

thanks,
Dwight

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sebredsox24
post Apr 25 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #11

TCC's Official Big Three Supercollector
Group Icon

First Name: Stephen
Transactions: 182

eBay: frankab1961

Awards:
Trader of the Month: July 2008; Member of the Month: March 2010

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great post Richard!

COLLECTING PAUL PIERCE, KEVIN GARNETT, AND RAY ALLEN
Big 3 Collection Stats: Total: 1807 Autos: 16 GU: 228 #d: 206 RC: 46
user posted image
Big Three Collection Thread
Check Out My Boston Sports Blog
The Official Boston Celtics Thread
Da Bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
jwman92
post Apr 25 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #12

Brian Leonard Super- Collector!!!!
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 10
First Name: Josh
Transactions: 127

eBay: 201thecardcollector

OpenChecklist:
jwman92

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great posts Richard and Dwight!

CZT Team Member.

Brian Leonard Supercollector
user posted image
Trade Bucket

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
booth9919
post Apr 25 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #13

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Andy
Transactions: 353

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Apr 25 2010, 10:57 AM)
If things come up, folks should post in the transaction so their partner and the CZT know what is going on.  Instead of having to prod them and get the "I've been busy and haven't mailed yet (week to 10 days later).  Same with when folks are on the site every day but ignore multiple update requests (as I woujld rather spend more of my time enjoying this site like the rest of you rather than spend hours in transactions on a daily basis).

I would like to add to the above:

1. If International trade/sale please post that in the transaction.  I know the majority of the folks from elsewhere (especially in Canada as I collect Hockey), but not all the CZT know who is and isn't.  This might prevent you from getting an update request in a week (as I have yet to have one go to Canada in 7 days, Europe yes but not Canada, which I don't understand wink.gif ).

2.  If something comes up with trade (delayed shipping, wrong card sent, damaged card returned etc... etc...) please post that in transaction thread so the CZT can follow along, and would be considerate to PM the other party with such information.  The "I informed the other party response" but not posting that in thread what is going on is annoying if I have to do another update request to get that info.

3.  If you get an update request, answer any questions that are asked by the CZT in that post. If no questions are asked in that request please reread all the posts as there is usually something being asked by us or the other party in the thread (as we don't always have time to keep asking the same question, as again I would rather enjoy the site like you do trading and discussing the hobby).  That or like in a sale thread, you have forgotten to post that you have rec'd payment as we can't assume anything, and need it spelled out so we can close it out.

4.  If problems occur please try and work it out amongst the two of you, as that is the best way to do it.  Also try and be reasonable and put yourself in the other persons shoes so to speak, as when things get "heated" nothing will get resolved ever or rarely.  The CZT can't make folks do something (send card back etc..), as all we can do is restrict or ban an account (and believe it or not we really don't like doing either tongue.gif).  If things can't get worked out then we will try and help out, but again we can only make suggestions.  Remember once a transaction is agreed upon it can only be completed or failed.
  We can't just "cancel or delete" one if neither send or if cards are returned and nothing else is worked out in replacement.

Again we get no enjoyment from putting folks on restriction (ok I can't talk for everyone, but I still think that is a given), as I would rather do other things with my time than keep tabs on folks, and have discussions in our area about members here that need restrictions put on or modified later on (as is a lot of work digging thru things to make a educated decision).  But it is a strange coincidence that once we give up and make someone red how fast we get an update (we are not totally stupid or don't notice these things).

We are human too and make mistakes, so keep that in mind.  Life generally is a two way street, if you treat folks with respect you will generally get the same back (exceptions to every rule yes, but they not the majority).  Being ignored annoys just about everyone.  Same goes if I send you a PM asking you to not do something I would much rather have you send me one back that you don't agree with me than just ignore my PM.  You will lose more "points" so to speak with me if you ignore me, exception being if you go off on me in your disagreement with my request or argue for the sake of arguing.  Least in my book you won't lose any points telling me you don't agree with me if done in a polite manner.  I am pretty good at being impartial and basing decisions on each situation (when applicable), but I'm human and some folks seem to try and "get under my skin", so then it is more difficult to treat everyone the same but that is still my goal to treat everyone the same.

Again we would rather enjoy the site doing other things with our time, as we volunteer here to try and help out, but would rather spend more time trading etc.
like the rest of you are able to.

Probably more I might add later (as I'm just waking up and not enough coffee in my system yet).  Ditto for if something doesn't make sense lmk, as it may have come out "hazy"  laugh.gif  And if too long of a read, sorry but I felt it needed to be said.

thanks,
Dwight

So this is where I went wrong!!! LOL !!! Thank you Richard and Dwight, this has been needed for a while.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Apr 25 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #14

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Added a couple more to my post that I thought of.

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
2000 rushing yards
post Apr 25 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #15

HOF/ #1 TCC Orioles Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Joe
Transactions: 174

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

well said Rich!! transactions generally pose some sort of blip, so this is good just to explain how to make these blips less frequent

4370 Orioles cards and counting.... 4000 has come!! Now off for 5000!
user posted image
user posted image
I sell/trade team lots shoot me a PM for more info,

What I am looking for:
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Ravens
Andrew Bynum

TRADELIST ON PHOTOBUCKET
For all of your NPN needs! Upper Deck's NPN site[/size]

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Zimbow
post Apr 25 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #16

I need a vacation
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Apr 25 2010, 10:55 AM)
I must be missing where that was said above or were you told that by someone in a different place?  As I would rather see too many updates than none at all.  There really isn't a Too Much Information when it comes to transactions as the more that is documented the less potential "issues" there is in my experience.

No, it was a hint of sarcasm seeing how my transaction has been going and not one update on the other side for 8 days. Plus it was 6am wink.gif

Bob.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Apr 25 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #17

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Zimbow @ Apr 25 2010, 03:01 PM)
No, it was a hint of sarcasm seeing how my transaction has been going and not one update on the other side for 8 days. Plus it was 6am wink.gif

oh ok laugh.gif as I wanted to clear things up as I was worried others might be confuseded too wink.gif laugh.gif

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Zimbow
post Apr 25 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #18

I need a vacation
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Nah Dwight, I had been running on 5 hours of sleep and did a 8 hour shift at work, I was half way out of it.

Bob.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Johnny Number 5
post Apr 25 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #19

Unregistered

View Gallery

Create Transaction

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Apr 25 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #20

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Zimbow @ Apr 25 2010, 03:50 PM)
Nah Dwight, I had been running on 5 hours of sleep and did a 8 hour shift at work, I was half way out of it.

Can relate, as sometimes I do my 10hr shifts on that much sleep....it is a "bear" getting older, as never had the problem in my youth wink.gif laugh.gif

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 26th April 2024 - 03:52 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us