Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> 2010 Leaf Sports Icons Update, Chase card is Cut Joe Jackson Auto $70G+

SFGiants
post Dec 24 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #1

Refracticus Maximus
Group Icon

First Name: Jerad
Transactions: 36
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Okay, I am not sure if this is where I should post this, but it looked like the hobby article forum was reserved for two writers. So I am putting my thoughts down here. Also, I did not break a box of this product, 2010 Leaf Sports Icons Update, either. I only did a little research out of interest and found, what I believe to be, some curious numbers.

First off the facts: Product run is said to be 340 numbered master cases with each containing 12 individual boxes @ $156 ea., for a total count of 4,080 inidvidual boxes. Each box contains two cut autos, with the ultimate chase being a Joe Jackson cut auto (He is said not to know how to read or write) that is worth $70,000-100,000. Also the product has a checklist that includes many greats including Ruth, Jackie Robinson, Cobb, Clemente, Pres. Grover Cleveland, etc. which is what got my wheels turning.

Each box goes for $156 x 4,080 total boxes=$269,280 total for the entire production run. This is where I started thinking. It doesn't seem like the company would be making much money based on the prestige of autos. I am no expert, and this is where my biggest question is, how cheap do companies acquire such autographs? Even buying at half the value it does not seem like they would make even much more than double the cost, when you think of employee wages and all that goes into making the product. I am not sure here, maybe I could get some of your guys' thoughts here? Thanks and Happy Holidays!

P.S. That being said, it does not seem to be much of a longshot to pull an awesome auto out of this product. I need to talk a buddy into going halves on a box LOL.

Jerad

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
catcherball
post Jan 24 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #2

Catcher's Dad
Group Icon

First Name: Brent
Transactions: 17
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: catcherball

YouTube:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

If they make 50k on one product, wouldnt it be worth it?

Where did you find those numbers? Is it possible to find that sort of stuff for every product?

My Bucket: Looking to trade anytime.

http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/c...d%20Collection/

Just updated bucket and a bunch already added today (2 February), currently collecting Gronkowski, Tebow, and Best

Always collecting McCann and Chipper

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th March 2024 - 05:36 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us