Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Let's kick start our home people!, heres a few suggestions..

Cool_Hand_Flash
post Sep 26 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #1

I might, MIGHT be crazy..
Group Icon

First Name: Mark
Transactions: 172
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
August 2010 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I've been mulling over ideas. Some I was doing elsewhere, some new..

1: I wanna pick out 5-10 cards every month and do a card of the month, and then card of the year based on the winners. I'd go through ALL breaks during the month, groupsand personal, mail days etc, and every card posted the given month could be eligible.

2: I did something called Link the Ink on the now defunct TCZ.. Worked like this. I cut out an autograph from a card, the people had one week to pm me about who they thought it was, then after that week Id reveal it. The winner got a coin, I know we dont have that here, so maybe like the other ones, just a text beneath the user name? or..

3; Impliment a coin system. Make it possible for members to redeem the coins for retail packs and singles. Cotm, coty, member of the month and Lin the Ink winners would all earn coins. Maybe earn one per 500 posts? 50 transactions? etc etc

4: A monthly round up of highlights, blog style.. thoughtabout doing it video youtube wise too.. showing off to the world, whats been pulled, showcased ONLY at TCC.. to draw people in.. and in said blog/youtube channel inform people about the coin sytem cotm etc..

Anywho, Im thinking like crazy here.. I'm down to give my best to kickstart the old bike and get her running again.. monetary, labor, what ever.. I can't not give it a try.. hope others agree.

Main Focus: Alex Brink, ANDREW LUCK, Peyton Manning, Thomas Robinson and Ultimate Collection.

Also Collecting: Beanie Wells, Bo Jackson, John Tavares, Karl-Anthony Towns, Kyle Turley, LeBron James, Ryan Nassib, Vitor Belfort, Star Trek, Wrestling and other stuff..

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Sep 30 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #2

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Gald to see ya Back Mark, guess I will be the only one to respond to ya, like your Idea's, but instead of asking just "DO IT" would work, get active again and post, a few trades would also help instead of just Box Breaks!

I did something called Link the Ink on the now defunct TCZ.. Yes, that was cool, but as far as coins, maybe each week you post one and at the end of each month, give a card away to the person that got the most right for that month!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Sep 30 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

interesting.

who is Mike and what is going on there.?

Now back to TCC.

I see all of our formerly fine members scattered to the 4 winds just as I have done (only Im stalwarty enough to keep coming back here)

SCF tends to be the most hopping place
HI Hockey and non sports
The Bench is no busier than us
Freedomcardboard not sure if they are busy or not
and of course the reboot of Beckett hurts the most and Im not a member there

I do not think this is going to be an easy task without full control of the site and its programming, without Bob or without Bob handing off the reigns, we are all just s.o.l.!

We have each other and that is all we have, kind of like the dying breed without reproductive capabilities.

past users come back around but some feel so mistreated by past moments that they will never come back.

The general blasse attitude towards cards and the card market and the mfg all inhibit growth, without gowth see the dying breed comment.

Im not sure why Bob pays all this money to keep this site running without realizing what a terrible waste it is coming too. Its like he encapsulated us, like fireflies in a jar, until we go out one by one.

I hate to be a naysayer , and wish fondly for most of the glory days we once had, but we are a rudderless boat, with only one paddle, in a creek filled with sewage, and the captain abandoned ship!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Krusin
post Sep 30 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Where's BOB, let us know, it's the right thing to do
Group Icon

First Name: Bud
Transactions: 35

eBay: 615native

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm shocked TCC is still here.

There's a lot I'd like to say but it's not my place so I'll be quite.

The good people here deserve better.

+Quote Post
redwing40
post Sep 30 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #5

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Steve, I was talking about mjda aka Mike! Water under the bridge, its done and over now!

Sorry, I didnt mean to cause anything towards this site! my bad, sometimes I need to keep my mouth shut!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Cool_Hand_Flash
post Sep 30 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #6

I might, MIGHT be crazy..
Group Icon

First Name: Mark
Transactions: 172

Awards:
August 2010 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Paul, its fine by me. I just posted this to see if anybody would react..

No point in working a ton, if no one cares..

EDIT: I sounded like I dont intend to do the suggestions, I do. But not if theres no point.

Main Focus: Alex Brink, ANDREW LUCK, Peyton Manning, Thomas Robinson and Ultimate Collection.

Also Collecting: Beanie Wells, Bo Jackson, John Tavares, Karl-Anthony Towns, Kyle Turley, LeBron James, Ryan Nassib, Vitor Belfort, Star Trek, Wrestling and other stuff..

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Sep 30 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #7

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I do not think this is going to be an easy task without full control of the site and its programming, without Bob or without Bob handing off the reigns, we are all just s.o.l.!

That has been a major wall for the CZT, we have done what we can with what we had to work with, but not an easy task.

I see all of our formerly fine members scattered to the 4 winds just as I have done (only Im stalwarty enough to keep coming back here)

Well not everyone scattered, I will probably always come here due to the friends I have made here, but yes hasn't been the same and not all of them are here or active anymore.

QUOTE(Krusin @ Sep 30 2012, 09:19 AM)
The good people here deserve better.

Accurate summary.

Now to Marks topic post. We can all do what we can to try and revive the site, but some things harder to implement than others. The coin system is tough as: Who is going to pay for it? And coming up with the whole system be a task anyway. Be different if we had access to what little revenue the site makes (if any) for something like that, but we do not have that access. Other problem with out having control on that the whole possibility of putting a big effort into something and then have the plugged pulled if site no longer paying for itself (again w/o Bob and not knowing anything about those aspects it's a major "who knows" that really bites. If folks want to do giveaways, promote site however they can, personally works better than trying to come up with a coin system that can't be funded by the site.
Rather not be a naysayer but it has felt like we have been fighting a losing battle for quite some time now, and it is taking it's toll on the team and the membership.

past users come back around but some feel so mistreated by past moments that they will never come back.

Are we perfect? Never happen or claimed to be, but I feel we have always tried to be fair and as I see things in their entirety, many times things are brought on by their own actions/attitude and not always just a personality clash. I have been Modding on another site for a few months and yes folks with an "attitude" are everywhere, but per capita I have dealt with/seen a lot less "manure" over there than what I have seen here from members here with a much less active base in the last year. Don't get me wrong I love this site and this was my first far as card site goes, but have questioned why I bother sometimes since a few months after Bob went AWOL. If they Admin don't care, it makes that much more difficult for me to give a hoot no matter how I feel about he site. I have been transitioning to a mainly Hockey focus in my collecting, and we all know how hopping that is over here, so yes I still come here daily but not anywhere near the way it used to be for me personally.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Sep 30 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #8

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Are we perfect? Never happen or claimed to be, but I feel we have always tried to be fair and as I see things in their entirety, many times things are brought on by their own actions/attitude and not always just a personality clash. I have been Modding on another site for a few months and yes folks with an "attitude" are everywhere, but per capita I have dealt with/seen a lot less "manure" over there than what I have seen here from members here with a much less active base in the last year. Don't get me wrong I love this site and this was my first far as card site goes, but have questioned why I bother sometimes since a few months after Bob went AWOL. If they Admin don't care, it makes that much more difficult for me to give a hoot no matter how I feel about he site. I have been transitioning to a mainly Hockey focus in my collecting, and we all know how hopping that is over here, so yes I still come here daily but not anywhere near the way it used to be for me personally.

[/quote]

Dwight, i would never be critical of the effort everyone has put in to make the site safe, some past moments dont always include a mods behavior etc!

Some that wont come back, im absolutely fine with never seeing them again! laugh.gif

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Sep 30 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #9

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Dwight, i would never be critical of the effort everyone has put in to make the site safe, some past moments dont always include a mods behavior etc!

Some that wont come back, im absolutely fine with never seeing them again!  laugh.gif

Yeah guess I took that wrong, but we have got so much flack before for trying to help the site or help moderate transactions gone bad. To the point that we have lost many a good Team Member to all the baloney. Nuff said as could go on about my thoughts, but not really sure where I stand anymore with the site.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 26th April 2024 - 10:36 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us