Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Commons to be Destroyed, Unless you want them

Sheesh
post May 16 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 13
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: Zintman

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I have somewhere around 150,000 commons I am going to have destroyed. Well, rather, I have an acquaintance locally who is going to recycle them into a building material called papercrete. So, unless you want them, they will soon return to a fibrous state, made into bricks, and finally into new rooms of a home.

I want at least $1 plus shipping for every 5,000 cards (or whatever fits into a USPS Priority Flat Rate box). My $1 is for gas to and from the post office.

I suggest two methods of shipment (but if you have another, I'm all ears): I can ship them inside the 5,000 count boxes they are currently in and determine the parcel or book rate postage; or, I can fit as many as I can into a USPS Priority Flat Rate box. I suspect that the most cost efficient alternative would be the Flat Rate box.

The cards that I have available are HERE. Click on the "Commons" link for a partial listing. Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck, Pro Set, Collector's Edge, and Wild Card. I have NOT picked over these cards.

I will be adding more to my commons list as I am motivated to dispose of many of these lower valued cards. Soon, I should have another 50,000 - 75,000 of other early-mid 90s Topps Stadium Club, Pinnacle, Score, Classic, Fleer, Upper Deck, minor league baseball, etc. that I have already determined to have destroyed but just need to move to the garage and inventory.

Anyway, hope someone who enjoys the hobby can use them before they are recycled.

P.S. Sorry for triple posting, but I didn't know what else to do regarding each sport.

"The only orthodox object of the institution of government is to secure the greatest degree of happiness possible to the general mass of those associated under it." - Thomas Jefferson

NFL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kordaisdad22
post May 16 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #2

MVP
Group Icon

Transactions: 44

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

hey bud so if i want 5,000 cards i just have to send you 1.00....if so i would take all for 30.00 or if you can make shipping cheaper but let me know if that is what your offering...i am not makeing money off them i break them up into raiders for myself and vikings for the wife and the rest i hand out in little packets at shows to kids but send me a pm if that sounds ok thanks

MY FULL TRADE LIST ALWAYS CHECK HERE FIRST
http://www.tradingcardcentral.com/forums/i...showtopic=66954
user posted image
COLLECTING ALL MICHAEL BUSH!!

User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
Sheesh
post May 16 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #3

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Thanks for the interest, but it would be $1 plus shipping. See, here is the rub, as this is where you have to determine the cost-benefit for yourself.

For shipping, if you want Priority Flat Rate, it is $8.95 according to the USPS website (hopefully they updated their website to reflect the new rates). I can fit 2,500-3,000 in a Flat Rate Box. To go book rate, cost would be dependent upon weight, but somewhere around $20.00.

Hope this clarifies things and, again, thanks for the interest!

"The only orthodox object of the institution of government is to secure the greatest degree of happiness possible to the general mass of those associated under it." - Thomas Jefferson

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Sheesh
post May 16 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #4

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Shipping is the issue, here. I can get $1 / 1,000 at Burbank Cards in southern Cali, but it's not worth shipping what a hassle to drive them there.

As I was thinking about that, another option is if you live in California, come and get them at my home smile.gif I live outside of Yosemite and you can double your pleasure by taking a family trip and get some cards.

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
xebulba
post May 16 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #5

I kissed a girl... and I liked it.
Group Icon

First Name: Brad
Transactions: 105

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Have you thought about donating them to local childrens hospitals? I did that several years ago with my commons and got some really nice letters in return. worth way more than 1$/5000 cards. just a suggestion!

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post May 16 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #6

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

why not give them to a youth organization rather than destroy them.. take the tax donation.

Boys club of america.. whomever!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post May 16 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #7

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 83

eBay: chopinalex

SportsBuy: 102933

View Gallery

Create Transaction

you can also do what i did..i trade over 500,000 of commons for new wax.. approx 1000 dollars in wax for trade...you must have a dealer that sells in bulk also...

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
Sheesh
post May 16 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #8

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Thanks for all the suggestions. These commons are a hassle all around.

The issue with these commons, I think, is that I sorted them by year and set. In retrospect, I should have picked through them and then left them as mixed lots. More interesting to buyers that way. I've lived and learned! Burbank wants these kind of sorted cards, as they want to be thought of as a place to get any card imaginable. It's just not worth it to spend $200 to get $250.

My acquaintance can definitely put them to good use if folks don't want some here. Recycling isn't a BAD thing smile.gif Better than directly into the dump!

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
skyhigh
post May 17 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #9

All-Star
Group Icon

Transactions: 46

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Sheesh @ May 16 2007, 04:56 PM)
I have somewhere around 150,000 commons I am going to have destroyed.  Well, rather, I have an acquaintance locally who is going to recycle them into a building material called papercrete.  So, unless you want them, they will soon return to a fibrous state, made into bricks, and finally into new rooms of a home.

I want at least $1 plus shipping for every 5,000 cards (or whatever fits into a USPS Priority Flat Rate box).  My $1 is for gas to and from the post office. 

I suggest two methods of shipment (but if you have another, I'm all ears):  I can ship them inside the 5,000 count boxes they are currently in and determine the parcel or book rate postage; or, I can fit as many as I can into a USPS Priority Flat Rate box.  I suspect that the most cost efficient alternative would be the Flat Rate box.

The cards that I have available are HERE.  Click on the "Commons" link for a partial listing.  Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck, Pro Set, Collector's Edge, and Wild Card.  I have NOT picked over these cards.

I will be adding more to my commons list as I am motivated to dispose of many of these lower valued cards.  Soon, I should have another 50,000 - 75,000 of other early-mid 90s Topps Stadium Club, Pinnacle, Score, Classic, Fleer, Upper Deck, minor league baseball, etc. that I have already determined to have destroyed but just need to move to the garage and inventory. 

Anyway, hope someone who enjoys the hobby can use them before they are recycled.

P.S. Sorry for triple posting, but I didn't know what else to do regarding each sport.

how much for all of them lmk thanks

http://skyhigh07.wetpaint.com

Need Brian Urlacher, Devin Hester, Cedric Benson, & Joseph Addai (need all, rc's,base,inserts, gu, #'ed, auto's. will take dupes on all #'ed and auto's)

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
Sheesh
post May 17 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #10

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Thanks for the interest!

If you come and get them out of my garage, I will give them to you for nothing, as it will cost you a bit to just come and get them (depending on where you live).

BTW: I'm looking to liquidate my cards that are a bit more than "common" status, too. We can dicker, but I promise with will be at less than wholesale smile.gif

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
cardsnstuffny
post May 17 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #11

MVICK7
Group Icon

Members Referred: 11
First Name: Michael
Transactions: 33

eBay: cardsnstuffny

OpenChecklist:
cardsnstuffny

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I went through that and finally found a guy near Buffalo that came and got mine, and I made a couple hundred. Maybe you can find someone near you.

Meanwhile, I'm interested in a trade for some of the "better than commons" kinda cards.

cardsnstuffny@yahoo.com

user posted image

Still looking for: Michael Vick.
Also 2010 Dolphins, Falcons. And any year autos/GU of Dolphins, Falcons. 1986 Mets certified autos.

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Sheesh
post May 19 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #12

MVP
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Last Call! They are going away to the paper crete man TODAY.

Cardnstuffny: You'll be the first one to know!

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 29th April 2024 - 09:41 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us