Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What is TCC to you?

mjda
post Dec 23 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #1

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 268
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
May 2009 Member of The Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

What is TCC to you?

I've been struggling with that myself for some time now. What is TCC to me? For the last several years I would have, honestly, said "nothing". There was a time that I was just hoping, every day, that I would turn on my computer and TCC would be but a distant memory. Vanished like dust in the wind. TCC is just an old, worn out forum that nobody cares about anymore right? TCC is outdated and inactive. TCC has turned into a ghost town and it's all the CZT's fault. Right?

Of course not...

Like I said, that would have been my answer at any time during the last several years. The more I think about it, though, the more I realize that TCC is much more than that.

TCC is most definitely not "nothing" to me. If it weren't for TCC, I probably wouldn't even be in this hobby today. It's strange to admit, but when I decided to collect cards if I hadn't found anyone to collect with I likely would have just ended up getting out, quickly. Instead, I joined TCC and was welcomed with open arms. Not long after joining TCC I felt like I had been a member of the site for years. I met a lot of really good guys in this hobby, many who I consider to be lifelong friends. In a very short time TCC came to be as much a part of my life as anything else on the internet.

Nobody cares about TCC? Yeah, right! There are CZT guys still working their tails off every day completing and helping dispute trades, despite the criticism they've taken over the last few years (from me too). There are members who try their best to keep making trades on this site, despite how slow it's been around here lately. There are still members who are making an effort to keep TCC going, and I would like to applaud them for that.

I've seen many people blame the CZT for what's going on at TCC right now. I'm sure I've had my share of jabs too. This just isn't accurate, and it's really not fair to them for us to act like it's their fault in the least. I, for one, would like to apologize to any CZT member who I have been ungrateful to. These aren't just words either. I truly am sorry for the way that I've behaved towards some of you during the last several years. It was unwarranted, and uncalled for. I cannot take it back but I do hope you can first forgive and then forget.

Let's face it, folks. TCC isn't what it used to be but I feel like we're all to blame just as much as the other. If you don't post your latest hits, box breaks, questions, etc on TCC anymore because it's slow, you're partially to blame for the reason it's slow. If you don't start trade topics here anymore because nobody is trading, then you're partially to blame for TCC's slowdown. If you're reading this topic right now thinking I'm wasting my time, then you're partially the reason TCC is slow.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm, most definitely, partially to blame for TCC's slowdown. But, I'm not alone. Chances are, the same can be said for most of you reading this message.

TCC isn't dying because of any particular person, or group of people. TCC is going downhill because we ALL have forgotten what TCC is, what it means to us, and what it has done for us.

Side note for the CZT: If there is anything I can do to help, with anything on TCC, don't hesitate to drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to do what I can to help out.

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Dec 23 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I havent forgotten.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
booth9919
post Dec 23 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #3

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Andy
Transactions: 353

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Well said Sir! Good to see you back. Hope all is well!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Ilovetheheat
post Dec 25 2013, 08:14 AM
Post #4

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Jeremy
Transactions: 259

View Gallery

Create Transaction

For me TCC is like that first girl you fell in love with. That high school romance or the girl that gave you your first kiss or popped your cherry. No matter who you date later in life, marry etc... You will always think of her with fond affection. That love will always be genuine, pure, unwavering and everlasting. Late at night or even in times of happiness or sadness you think of her from time to time.

That is how I see TCC. My first love.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Dec 25 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #5

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

This place is and always has been what WE make it. There are still lots of great members on here and still some of us posting about, so until we go or someone pulls the plug, TCC will be here. Here is to wishing TCC a better year in 2014! biggrin.gif

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
xebulba
post Feb 27 2014, 06:15 AM
Post #6

I kissed a girl... and I liked it.
Group Icon

First Name: Brad
Transactions: 105

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I come back all the time and miss being here, but I'll be honest it consumed too much of my attention. I had to move on or move out. I've sold anything that wasn't PC or given it away. The hobby has been fun and a headache at once. Now I'm thinking of selling PC items to go to games in person. I think I would be happier with a memory than something sitting in a glass case.

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
booth9919
post Feb 27 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #7

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Andy
Transactions: 353

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Family

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
RGBII
post Feb 28 2014, 11:25 AM
Post #8

Safe when Well Medicated
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 335

eBay: stevescollectibles9432

OpenChecklist:
RGBII

Awards:
2010 MVP Member 2010 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2009 MVP CZT Member 2009 Best Set/Vintage Collection 2008 Most Generous 2008 Thread of the Year 2008 Favorite Set Collection

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hallelujah, Mr. Matthews!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Bucket #1 * Bucket #2
user posted image
Proud member of
user posted image

+Quote Post
xebulba
post Mar 1 2014, 10:28 PM
Post #9

I kissed a girl... and I liked it.
Group Icon

First Name: Brad
Transactions: 105

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

So what became of bob?

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Mar 1 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #10

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 83

eBay: chopinalex

SportsBuy: 102933

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(xebulba @ Mar 1 2014, 09:28 PM)
So what became of bob?

So what became of bob in accordance with the prophecy

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th April 2024 - 10:53 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us