Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

SMTWTFS

My Blog Links

"Random Stuffing Ingredients"
or "How I became a Pirate", (hockey collecting)
Filter by Category:

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > »  
 | Category: assortment of ramblings
entry Jan 9 2009, 07:42 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, here are all my Mail Day threads from 2008:
Jan 4th
Jan 17th
Jan 23rd
Feb 4th
Mar 6th
Mar 17th
Apr 2nd
Apr 7th
Apr 10th
Apr 15th
Apr 16th
Nov 10th
Nov 17th
Dec 8th
Dec 15th
Dec 29th

All still there for your viewing and commenting pleasure. biggrin.gif

entry Jan 2 2009, 02:20 PM
Nine active threads in the hockey trading area, and no one has or wants anything?

Nine months since last trade here, getting kind of depressing.

entry Dec 28 2008, 04:35 PM
Today brought the final refresher on why I don't buy packs...inserts now are terrible and the package space wasted by the filler cards just plain stinks. As an added bonus, not a single card from my team... sad.gif

entry Dec 27 2008, 02:06 PM
Sort of a disappointing month when I'm adding more cards at 25¢ a shot, than by trading with folks on the boards...

On the other hand, what Avs inserts do you have for sale at 25¢ ???

| Category: bag of bones
entry Dec 20 2008, 09:40 PM
Since I'm on a roll with the spirit of the season laugh.gif

Why do people post "Really want to make some trades" threads?

Attention geniuses...everyone is looking to make trades when they post in a trade forum...if you really wanted to show you "really want to trade", why isn't there a PM in my box from you?

unsure.gif Really, really...

entry Dec 19 2008, 07:56 PM
What is with traders who set up an account at multiple sites, contact you about a trade, then are never heard from again at any one of those sites?

It's not that they don't visit the sites, that's easy enough to check most places...so what was the point exactly???

Are they wacko.gif or confused.gif ? I just dontgetit.gif ...

entry Dec 13 2008, 06:24 PM
Well, back to the old trouble of a nearly bare tradelist...and not sure what to do about that, if anything. unsure.gif

I'm considering going to an on demand type of setup, where shortly before a show I post up wantlists. Then if someone has something from that wantlist they list things they are interested in...I attempt to pick those up at the show.

I wonder how well it will work tho? Sometimes the show is great on hockey, other times I buy a few singles and go home unfulfilled...would it be any better with a wider variety to look for?

Or would I just end up with money spent on a bunch of stuff I don't collect when I present my list of finds and hear, "nothing on your list I can use"...

I'm not going to shell out big for stuff either way, since what I'm looking for is stuff on the sub $20bv end for almost everything...nonetheless trying to find something to keep the ship sailing.

Wish I had some other shows to compare with...maybe I'll take a drive up to Calgary this summer...or maybe not, since I got word they are hit or miss on 90's stuff sad.gif

entry Dec 7 2008, 12:51 PM
Updated my hockey page over the last couple of days. Tried to make it's appearance more adaptable to visitors differing hardware.

Anyway, check the page out and send any feedback, particularly on the page layout, and how it appears in your browser.

Thanks. smile.gif

| Category: dungeons
entry Dec 3 2008, 05:07 PM
I've got a beef with sellers from the bay who won't allow local pickups from people who live in their city.

Especially when they cry about "how busy they are", "work 24 hours a day", and "have 50 kids"...

So geniuses: how were you going to find time to go the the post office and mail out packages to say, 25 different buyers, during the holiday shipping season?

LAME! thumbdown.gif

entry Nov 28 2008, 04:13 PM
Reading thru some postings on another site...and noticed a trade offer of a nice card, and in return the person was looking for a nice auto of Roy, or a low-end auto of Crosby.

Is that a sad reflection on the state of this hobby today or what?

Wow.

entry Nov 14 2008, 11:06 AM
So I noticed something about a member who wants me to buy some cards off of him - he never posts anywhere on the site except the trading forums. Seriously, how is this guy enjoying this hobby? huh.gif

Seriously 45 pages of topics!! No mail days...no comments on the card issues...no opinion on anything apparently.

entry Nov 11 2008, 03:09 PM
Here is the official dance of joy blog entry.

Awarded for successful completion of the 99-00 Topps Chrome Magic Moments 5 card variation set for Peter Forsberg.

Now is the time in the blogs when we dance kicking.gif

entry Nov 5 2008, 04:42 PM
I don't know what's more sad...the fact the guy offered this...
4% thread
Or the fact that anyone bothered with a reply...

I'm just trying to figure out what 4% of 5¢ is...oh wait, the answer is: "not even worth the postage it would cost ME"

At least if you have the base and inserts I am looking for it will be worth the trouble of mailing them to me... laugh.gif what'ta character.

entry Apr 27 2008, 10:40 PM
For all those who never bothered to thank me:

You're Welcome smile.gif

entry Apr 24 2008, 01:49 PM
It seems that there is a real dearth of stuff I actually want on the trade forums these days. It's that, or no one is offering it. Either way makes for little fun. Really thought the playoffs would bring out some bell ringers interested in the 100's of cards I list up for trade. Maybe the hobby has just gone too far off where my interest lies. So, I guess I'll get into summer mode over the next few days and off the trading wagon. After that, guess I'll see. wink.gif

entry Apr 13 2008, 12:01 PM
Reaching burn out stage earlier than I thought. Figured the playoffs would give a trading card boost, but so far, all quiet.

After trying hard not to notice, I've seen that although the Avalanche have a plethora of fans, not many of them are serious card collector's around here. That makes it awful hard to move my duplicates in order to obtain stuff I don't have...leaving me only to buy and sell. Neither of which appeal to me like trading has.

Hard not to notice as well, that although the member numbers here have really taken off, that my new trade numbers have not increased in kind. I can only take that to mean that new collectors are only joining for the new stuff, not taking it up as team collectors, or looking to fill in past issues into their collections. That's really a shame.

I'll continue to check in on PMs for new trades thru the end of May, but lacking that, I'll be taking off until October and the start of the only sports season that matters again this year.

entry Apr 9 2008, 07:26 PM
Taking in the West:
Avalanche
Sharks
Stars
Wings

Taking in the East:
Bruins - destroy the evil empire!!
Senators
Capitals
Rangers

Guess we'll see how that pans out.
Will only be here on non game nights, if then... wink.gif

entry Mar 27 2008, 07:43 PM
So went to a card shop that I hadn't visited in a few years...not just cards, but enough of them that I call it a card shop...

I've never seen pricing quite in this manner...from the prices on a variety of items, it appeared that they were bent on keeping everything in the store. laugh.gif laugh.gif

If I go into a shop to pick up older stuff I expect to walk out with something without snickering. rolleyes.gif

entry Mar 20 2008, 03:31 PM
I've added about 80 new cards to my tradelist, and I added them at the bottom.

Why there and not the top you ask?

I want to see who's really looking at my tradelist. I'm seriously convinced that a lot of members aren't taking the time to do so. How do they expect to trade when they don't look at what others have for trade? I'm not just looking for skimmers rolling by trying to grab the good stuff without offering me something for the PC. That's why.

entry Mar 17 2008, 08:32 PM
Heck of a day. Just got about 100 new cards sorted into toploaders and into the binders, still have a few to go. Some nice new adds in the way of insert issues I didn't have anything from previously. thumbup.gif

Nice addition, if you missed my mail day post, hunt it down and check it out, there are 14 scans in there of 6+ cards each. I didn't even scan half the stuff since it goes straight to tradelist and isn't the latest hot rookie or game used scrap, and will only be good to the serious long term types.

Found a new set to chase base singles from, for no particular reason 2000-01 Pacific. Like the on ice style of photography in the set, and the Avs won the cup that year, so it's a great year anyway.

Well back to the game.

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > »  
Lo-Fi Version Time: 16th April 2024 - 10:30 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us