Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Super Bowl Ticket - Unused - SB#36 Pats Rams, Ticket 09/11/01 Rare item or Reprodctn?

NYMETSJETS
post Jul 9 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: TK
Transactions: 421
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I had picked this up from a larger purchase. The seller threw it in to add some additional value to the lot. He just mentioned that he thought it was a rarer one of kind type item but after looking on ebay that they only sell for like $50 so he included it.

It is from Super Bowl XXXV1 Patriots Rams and Tom Brady's first Super Bowl win. I'm getting ready to list some items on ebay this week and I have no use for a Patriots winning Super Bowl ticket haha, so I was looking closer at it to list it last night and noticed it was ticket 09 / 11 / 01 in gate R. This would have been the first Super Bowl after 9/11 so I thought that was pretty cool and it might in fact be a one of kind type item (who knows if it's worth more or not because of it but that's besides the point). Looks like there would have been only 4 9/11/01 tickets (four gates to the stadium) so most likely this would be the only unused.

My question is, is this something that could be faked? Or is it just a coincidence. Couldn't find any others on ebay or mentions of reprints with 9/11/01 through google.

I don't want to list some sort of reprint on ebay so I want to try to make sure it is not. The hologram, perforation, bar code, sticker all look legit. I recieved it in the block / plastic it is in and the ticket looks in almost perfect condition. The blue sticker on the back is on the ticket and the "Made in Tawan" sticker is just on the block.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Any ideas on this? Pretty cool item in my mind if it's real. Thanks!

user posted image

User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NYMETSJETS
post Jul 10 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #2

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: TK
Transactions: 421
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, if in fact real, is this something that's worth grading? Looks like graded unused tickets can carry a pretty good premium in value I just have no experience with this.

Thanks.

user posted image

User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 03:35 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us