IPB WARNING [2] Illegal string offset 'member_id' (Line: 425 of /modules/blog/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php)
"Random Stuffing Ingredients"

Printable version of Entry

Click here to view this entry in its original format

"Random Stuffing Ingredients"

February 17th 2007

"I have a whole bunch of cards to trade, and I'm trading for pretty much anything"...don't you get real tired of this line? I do. Since it turns out that the ones who post it most certainly AREN'T trading for "anything".
It's more like "trading for those things you have that are a step up from what you want from me"

The other grating - "all I saw on your tradelist was..."...um, yeah I know what's on my tradelist, I put it together so that others would know what I had to trade...unlike many, who for some reason, will not take the time to create a tradelist...that way when you see something you like on my tradelist, you can show me what is on yours so that I can pick something that is of interest to me...rather than the old "what are you looking for?"...which is maddening in itself; because, if you take the time to look at my profile and webpage link...which is always in my signature...it is laid out quite clearly what specific cards, and what cards in general, will be of interest to me...take ten seconds to review the profile of the trader you are dealing with...you might find something out about them...like what they like to collect.

That said, come offer me something for this stack of Forsberg cards, so I can expand the breadth of my collection. biggrin.gif

by: snowblink on Apr 2 2007, 06:55 PM

Another favorite - people who say they are buying, but they are not buying anything anyone offers.

I just offered a $250+ lot of Forsberg (and a few other) cards for 20% of book and got turned down laugh.gif

Now what's maddening about this is, the people like this will turn around and look for at least 50% to 120% of book out of them at the show they take them to. dry.gif mad.gif