Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Lakers Sun Game 6 Review MUST READ, Please comment

RandyBoy330
post May 30 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #1

Oshgoodslaughtin'!
Group Icon

First Name: Randy
Transactions: 87
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I just put this together because I hope one day I can become a sports journalist. I am not looking to have you argue with me, I just want to see if you think it's an interesting read. Comment please!

Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns

US Airways Center, Phoenix, Arizona

May 29th, 2010

Game 6 Western Conference Finals

By: Randy Bryniarski

I was lucky enough to get to go to the Suns Lakers game on the 29th. It was game 6 of the Western Conference Finals. I learned many, many things at this unbelievable game. First off, what an atmosphere. From the tip off, the fans were in it. Even down 18 points, the fans never gave up. The “Beat L.A.” and “Kobe Sucks” chants were never-ending. The best was the guy sitting a few sections over screaming “Kobe sucks” while the Suns were shooting free throws. Why? It was pretty much dead silent when the Suns were shooting free throws, so he though Kobe might be able to hear him from the nose bleed section. I will never forget the atmosphere, and how everyone in US Airways Center was yelling, yelling for their team.

Was it really the Suns vs. the Lakers? To me, it seemed like it was Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest against the Suns. They combined for a total of 62 points. I don’t understand why the Suns kept letting Artest have the three point shot. He was 4-7 from down town and the whole game, the Suns didn’t mind to care that he was sitting on the arc. Artest is a hustler. I wasn’t really a fan of him until tonight. Although I was for the Suns, he impressed me. He did miss a lay-up, but right away stole it back from Channing Frye. (Why did he try dribbling?) Enough with Artest, it was all about Kobe.

Kobe Bryant is a basketball god. I wasn’t sure whether I would want to start a team with Lebron James, or Kobe Bryant. Well, I now know who I would take. Kobe Bryant. I never got to watch Jordan play because I am to young. (16 years of age). With that aside, I don’t know how much better than Kobe you can be. He went 12-25, but it sure didn’t seem like he missed 13 shots. Whenever the Suns were making a run, he answered. The Phoenix bench came in and scored on 4 (I believe) possessions in a row. Kobe fired back with 4 straight makes. Single or double coverage doesn’t matter. He finds a way to take and make a shot. There were a couple shots tonight that no matter how well he was defended, he made it. I though Jared Dudley and Grant Hill did alright guarding him. Hands in the face and a little body contact, but that did not matter. Almost every possession the Phoenix fans chanted “defense”. I took a few chants off to take an observation. When the chant is going on and Kobe touches the ball, it got a little quieter. I then figured it was because everyone knew a chant wouldn’t stop him. Everyone wondered what kind of crazy shot he was going to make. Kobe Bryant is what I like to call a “boss”.

Alright, Goran Dragic and Sasha Vujacic need to kiss and make up. Maybe Sasha could take Goran out for dinner and say sorry because he did one hell of a job getting under Dragic’s skin. They are both from Slovenia, (the only 2 from the NBA I believe). Why do they need to be such fierce rivals? I think that they would be friends and have a friendly rival. But, that’s fine. I love watching them “go at it”. I tip my cap to both of them.

Will Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire be back next season? I doubt it. I highly doubt it. There are 2 reasons the Suns lost tonight. First, Kobe Bryant. He was unstoppable. Second, was Amare. He did have 27 points, but that was on 20 shots. He missed a lot of low post shots that could have kept us in the game. He did posterize Kobe on that one dunk though. He is just to lazy on defense and I think only holding the team back.

There is something about basketball that is different from other sports. I love watching hockey, baseball and football along with basketball. But only in basketball can someone COMPLETELY take over a game. I truly believe that Kobe Bryant did this tonight. Even though my Suns got kicked out of the playoffs, I experienced something phenomenal tonight, something I will never forget.

By: Randy Bryniarski
5/29/2010

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 26th April 2024 - 02:06 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us