Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> August Member of the Month: Cool_Hand_Flash

jwman92
post Sep 4 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Brian Leonard Super- Collector!!!!
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 10
First Name: Josh
Transactions: 127
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: 201thecardcollector

OpenChecklist:
jwman92

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

A Trekkie in his spare time, this month’s MOTM was able to pull himself away from the screen for long enough to make many significant contributions to TCC! TCC would like to congratulate Mark (Cool_Hand_Flash) on being this month’s Member of the Month! This is a historical winner, as Mark is the first Danish person to win the award! In his time away from TCC, Mark enjoys collecting movies, statues, posters, and older video games. He hopes to make a living by drawing and writing. As mentioned before, Mark is a HUGE Star Trek fan. He joined TCC in April of 2007, and has been making big contributions ever since!

Mark blames his start at TCC on Chris (crpalmi), as he learned about the site through the boxbreaker group on youtube. He got his start in collecting in 1995, when basketball cards became extremely popular in his home nation of Denmark. Those basketball cards eventually led to dabbling in football, and pretty much everything else.

Mark has found a collecting family at TCC, as most of his family at home doesn’t really relate to his hobby. However, he considers himself lucky that his close family does understand. As Mark writes “Everytime I get a new card that my Mom likes she kindly thanks me for adding a card to "her collection", and my Dad has helped my Ultimate Signature Jersey collection grow with big adds to it. My girlfriend tells me it's a good buy when the cards are nice looking”.

Mark has many different facets to his collection, as he collects a player (Alex Brink), a set (Ultimate Signature Jersey Collection), and his favorite teams. However, he only actively chases his player and set collections. He enjoys picking up a card in a group break from his favorite team, but is much happier with a player or set pickup.

Mark struggled to explain why he collects, a question that many of us have difficulty providing a good answer for. However, he was able to put together a very meaningful answer in his response “It's a number of things: The excitement of opening boxes/packs not knowing what awaits. The exclusiveness of it. With so many cards being numbered very low, it's a great feeling to know that there's a ton of people wanting the same card, yet only 10 or 25 etc. can. The 1/1's are extra sweet”.

However, when asked to tell us about his favorite piece, he ended up supplying us with a paragraph of all of his favorite pieces. Based on his favorite cards, you can really tell the wide range of interests that Mark has. His favorites vary from a few Peyton Manning Autos, to a Brett Favre auto, to IP autos of Leonard Nimoy and Robert Englund. However, his favorite piece is his Jennifer Garner signed Playbill magazine, because, as he says “I've got a crush on her, and not the other two”.

Mark has amassed 2,522 posts, and 53 transactions in his time on TCC, and has made huge contributions ever since he has been here. We would like to congratulate Mark (Cool_Hand_Flash) on being the August Member of the Month!

Here are some photos Mark included for us to show off!
- images of my collection - very hard to get a better pic than this, everything's still packed in movingboxes, these are the most important ones user posted image

- scans/photos of my top 5 cards No particular order - my first Peyton Manning auto
user posted image - Peyton/Eli dual /15
user posted image -
My first Eli Manning auto, which I pulled myself
user posted image - My fave Beanie card /10
user posted image - The first one I got in the Ultimate Signatures set I'm trying to complete, Favre /5
user posted image

- link to my photobucket/personal Web site - http://s769.photobucket.com/home/Cool_Hand_Flash/allalbums

- a photo of myself - needless to say, it's me on the right user posted image

CZT Team Member.

Brian Leonard Supercollector
user posted image
Trade Bucket

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
PSquared
post Sep 5 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #2

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Dave
Transactions: 27
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Congrats Mark, well deserved. cool.gif

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jwman92   August Member of the Month: Cool_Hand_Flash   Sep 4 2010, 08:22 PM
Tb40   Congrats Mark. This honor was well deserved. Kee...   Sep 4 2010, 08:29 PM
RGBII   [b]Nice job, Mark. You have contributed quite a b...   Sep 4 2010, 08:32 PM
road_runner_1964   Congratulations on being named member of the month...   Sep 4 2010, 08:37 PM
über   Congrats, Mark! A well deserved award!   Sep 4 2010, 08:37 PM
Johnny Number 5   Congrats yo..   Sep 4 2010, 08:37 PM
mjda   Wow, congratulations Mark! Very well deserved...   Sep 4 2010, 09:34 PM
pavi39   Congrats on the award.   Sep 4 2010, 09:43 PM
ronaldinho0003   A great choice! Congratulations, Mark. It...   Sep 4 2010, 09:53 PM
coltsfan23   Congratulations, Mark! I'm glad you won th...   Sep 4 2010, 10:17 PM
bajmurray   Congratulations Mark! A well deserved award...   Sep 4 2010, 10:26 PM
athopesend   Congratulations, that Englund IP is awesome.   Sep 4 2010, 11:14 PM
PSquared   Congrats Mark, well deserved. B)   Sep 5 2010, 01:41 AM
cardcrazed   Congrats Mark! You are truly what TCC is all a...   Sep 5 2010, 09:21 AM
urbanmonk   Congrats Mark, well deserved :)   Sep 5 2010, 12:34 PM
crpalmi   Congrats Mark! TCC is a better place with you ...   Sep 6 2010, 08:23 AM
2000 rushing yards   congrats Mark! awesome interview looking forwa...   Sep 6 2010, 01:26 PM
NYStateOfMind1976   Congrats... Extremely well deserved. Good things h...   Sep 6 2010, 09:45 PM
edgerrin32   Very well deserved!!! Congrats mark. Y...   Sep 6 2010, 11:27 PM
Zimbow   Couldn't think of a better member!!...   Sep 7 2010, 01:41 AM
Tarasadie17   Congratulations to a well deserving member! An...   Sep 7 2010, 07:44 AM
edgerrin32   Yea I did like that pic!! Pretty sweet. B)   Sep 7 2010, 08:37 AM
Cool_Hand_Flash   That turned out much better than I feared :lol: Th...   Sep 7 2010, 04:05 PM
jer123pat123   congrats mark   Sep 8 2010, 05:28 AM
ffman   Congrats!   Sep 8 2010, 10:19 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th March 2024 - 02:38 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us