Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> May Member of the Month: athopesend

skatalite
post Jul 3 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #1

Gary Payton Supercollector
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 125
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
Steal of the Year - 2007

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

First, we all want to give Ken (athopesend) a big congrats for being TCC's May Member of the Month.

Second, forgive me that it's being posted this way, but I went to create a new TCC Times but my computer's font book has been corrupted, and fonts aren't displaying properly or I can't use many of the fonts. Even web pages are looking weird!

But here it is! Hope you enjoy it it. I know I did. Josh (jwman92) did this write-up.

---

TCC has found its first celebrity, and it just so happens to be the May Member of the Month. Rockstar Ken (athopesend) was on the verge of a recording deal with his band, aptly named At Hope’s End, and is beginning his own solo career in the near future. Ken claims he is “twenty-nineteen” years old. Still clinging to his own childhood, he has used card collecting to connect with his step son. This has allowed him to spend an incredible four years on TCC, imparting his wisdom and showing off his collection to all of the other members.

Aside from his step-son, Ken’s family isn’t too supportive of his collecting habit \: “Well if you ask my wife ... she hates it, but she understands that its my hobby. I am slowly trying to get my brother to start collecting but as of now, everything he has came from me”

Ken doesn’t like to classify his collection, but he collects Raiders (in Raiders uniform), along with Score and Select parallels. He has begun to dabble in the entertainment world, starting collections in LOST and Supernatural card sets. However, he also has a few choice basketball and hockey players that he will pick up from time to time.

However, if you ask Ken what his favorite card is, it doesn’t come from any of the sets he mentioned. While it may not be his most valuable, Ken’s Adam West relic is his favorite card, because of his love for Batman.

Ken loves to open packs, but gets more enjoyment from pulling a card for his Raiders PC than he does from pulling a high value card. He loves acquiring cards from TCC members in trades, and wants to give a special shout-out to Jer123Pat123. He has completed an incredible 253 transactions in the time he has spent on TCC. Ken hopes that one day he can pass his collection on to his kids, but TCC is glad to have him right now!

Here are some pictures Ken sent us to use with the Member of the Month:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
ravensfan52
post Aug 5 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #2

All-Star
Group Icon

Transactions: 30
(View: Pending | Failed)

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Congrats dude biggrin.gif

Collecting...

FOOTBALL: Ravens, Packers,Brian Cushing, Jerome Bettis, Dennis Dixon, Derrick Mason, Montario Hardesty, Leon Washington,Trent Richardson

BASKETBALL:Blazers, Hawks, Warriors, JJ Redick, Juwan Howard, Baron Davis

BASEBALL:Current Nationals,Reds from the big red machine era,Current Mariners

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
skatalite   May Member of the Month: athopesend   Jul 3 2010, 07:48 AM
aceecards   congrats what an excellent choice!   Jul 3 2010, 08:31 AM
osufan2383   congrats and great choice i loved my trade with at...   Jul 3 2010, 10:36 AM
ronaldinho0003   Congrats! Well deserved.   Jul 3 2010, 10:56 AM
cardcrazed   definitely well deserved :thumbup: Justin   Jul 3 2010, 11:31 AM
edgerrin32   :toot: :toot: Congrats man! I think you lo...   Jul 3 2010, 11:40 AM
bajmurray   Congrats! Well earned!   Jul 3 2010, 11:50 AM
soccer23   This was not me I promise.   Jul 3 2010, 12:07 PM
Johnny Number 5   Knock it off man, attitudes like that will get you...   Jul 3 2010, 12:24 PM
soccer23   Dude I swear this wasnt me. You have to beleive me...   Jul 3 2010, 12:42 PM
Johnny Number 5   Come on man, I am not going to argue. Again, I con...   Jul 3 2010, 12:44 PM
soccer23   I do too. I would never do something like this. My...   Jul 3 2010, 12:48 PM
Kmart6nets   Big congrats! :D   Jul 3 2010, 04:40 PM
booth9919   RE: May Member of the Month: athopesend   Jul 3 2010, 04:51 PM
urbanmonk   Congrats Ken, well deserved. Finally got you off ...   Jul 3 2010, 11:41 PM
Tb40   Congrats on the honor Ken. You have been deservin...   Jul 4 2010, 12:53 AM
joe31   Congrats! Well deserved!   Jul 4 2010, 08:00 AM
jer123pat123   congrats bud there could not have been a better ch...   Jul 6 2010, 05:51 AM
NYStateOfMind1976   Congrats. Well deserved!!!   Jul 6 2010, 08:00 AM
cbware88   Congrats dude!!!!!!!   Jul 6 2010, 10:25 AM
2000 rushing yards   congrats!! looks like you have a bright fu...   Jul 6 2010, 12:38 PM
dd316   Congrats! A well-deserved honor.   Jul 7 2010, 10:13 AM
athopesend   Thanks everybody, I was suprised when I was picked...   Jul 7 2010, 02:03 PM
5toosweet   Congrats on being May MOTM!   Jul 9 2010, 12:28 PM
Gsil84   Congats!!!! Awsome Guy.. Have trad...   Jul 10 2010, 01:05 PM
geauxcrotigers   Congrats Ken well deserved! One of the best ou...   Jul 10 2010, 06:53 PM
rtsjr   congrats :clapping:   Jul 12 2010, 07:44 AM
ravensfan52   Congrats dude :D   Aug 5 2010, 04:34 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 20th April 2024 - 07:35 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us