Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

2 Pages  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Trying to revive the beast., Need your input TCC

sasports
post Dec 13 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

First Name: Shawn
Transactions: 607
(View: Pending | Failed)

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

So I am making 2 New Years Resolutions this year. 1 is personal, the other is my TCC Resolution. We are on the right path towards getting this site back to where is should be! But we need your help.

I want your input, ideas, suggestions, gripes, complaints. I want anything that you think will help out!

Here are some things that I am going to start really working on:

Trader of the month: I tried to bring this back, but had some home issues and work issues that have kept me from being as active as I would like. Starting January 1st, I am going to bring back trader of the month and I am going to try to pull some nice prizes together to give away!

Contests and Giveaways: I am going to bring back the Pack Pull of the Month, Box Break of the Month, Break Host of the month, etc. I am still working on all of the details, but we need to start getting some achievements added to some peoples names smile.gif I am also going to start back my Points Contest. However, the points will be a little different and it will be a quarterly contest. The winner will earn the title of Most Generous Member for that quarter and will receive a better prize than I was giving before.

Recruiting: We need some recruiting ideas. A few of us have been recruiting at shows, shops, and through box breaks. I want to expand. Maybe a youtube channel for TCC where we do monthly Video News that can be linked and posted on facebook and such to help spread the word. Again, back to prizes, maybe host a new member giveaway and a "Most Recruited" title smile.gif

Many of you know my story, and therefore you know why TCC is so important to me. For those of you that don't, TCC helped me through some of the toughest times I have ever dealt with. I was deployed to Iraq shortly after joining this site. I not only made a life long friend in RGBII (Richard) but we began hosting a Contest and Giveaway thread that was unlike anything this site has ever seen! No matter how bad my day was or who we lost that day, I could return to my own little world and, as Richard would say, COLLECT HARD!

To many this is just a hobby, to me this is a passion.

Deals since resurrection: 6 (HELP ME!)

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

QUOTE(chopinalex @ Aug 13 2009, 03:49 PM)
man your hardcore if you bust the box in the parking lot..

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
maple19
post Dec 13 2014, 11:15 AM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 639

Awards:
Member of the Month: June 2014, November 2014 Trader of the Month- Mar 2015 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

cheap single box breaks are hot on facebook like a lot are just $3 and 3 book breaks $11 in hockey but there all sports

ALL SPORTS GU & AU NON SPORTS on 1 PAGE
HERE

Players Looking for Autos
Joey Votto
Larry Walker
Matt Stair
Nick Pivetta
Abraham Toro
Alejando Kirk AU Any Cards
Jordan Romero Jays
George Springer Auto Jays Any Jays Cards
Alex Manoah Auto any Cards
Andrew Wiggins Auto
Chase Claypool Auto Any Cards
Brooks Henderson Golf Auto
Captain Kirk Willam Shatner Auto
Bianca Andreescu Auto
Collect Leafs & Blue Jays ,Canadian Born Sports or Non sports

mike

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sasports
post Dec 13 2014, 11:30 AM
Post #3

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I have hosted several of them here. 4-6 dollars for some nice boxes. I plan on doing a lot more starting back up in January. smile.gif

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Dec 13 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #4

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Shawn and rest of team.

Im happy where we are today.

I miss the glory days too.

But lets face the facts, In a world of choices , we are just a small fish in a big pond.

We cannot compete with Beckett or blowout, we've got nothing to offer like they do! We don't have price guides, we don't have a warehouse of unopened boxes. We are not "the voice of the industry" like Beckett.

Facebook and their groups have become the second tier in my opinion of forums , and that really isn't the right word cause it is not.. but that is where the trading had gone to!

We remain muddled up as a "last choice" in a third tier of family friendly forums, like Hi, TCZ, SCF, the bench, cardboard connection, freedom cardboard and so on and so forth.

The reason we are the last choice is we are rudderless and ownerless, floating downstream . We cannot upgrade, we cannot even add member thru the registration system and who knows how long that has been going on. Everyday I get inundated by hackers and scammers looking to be validated, new real members NONE for weeks.

Contest and giveaways are like passing the last piece of bread between castaways on a deserted island in my opinion! Useless cause sooner or later the bread is gone and the castaways die off!

Trader of the month.. what we reward the two people who completed a trade this month? Ok 4 people..My point is...

recruiting - if our registration system doesn't work , why bother, just makes us look stupid.

Now.. until our captain/owner returns we cannot fix problem 3 and that will make us the bottom of the barrel choice for collectors who like action.

Shawn, Im not bailing and Im not giving up. I just want to dampen any enthusiasm because we cannot fix what is broke with positivism and enthusiasm.

But that being said, I still see that third tier struggling. Hi doesn't not have near the participation it once had, TCZ is no different than us, a few good members (mostly ex TCCers) that keep it afloat. SCF is still a happening site and cardboard connection looks stable.

Again Im willing to set here and do whatever is necessary to keep talking to my friends for as long as they wanna stay here and talk to me and that is my bottom line decision for staying! Ill do whatever youd like to do but what we really need to do is focus on getting Bob Williams back here to fix problems, give us the keys FIRST!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
maple19
post Dec 13 2014, 01:35 PM
Post #5

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 639

Awards:
Member of the Month: June 2014, November 2014 Trader of the Month- Mar 2015 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

shawn the break is 15 or 30 teams draft so you get a box of crown royal 3.00 a spot you sell out in a day or 2 then do the draft for teams

ALL SPORTS GU & AU NON SPORTS on 1 PAGE
HERE

Players Looking for Autos
Joey Votto
Larry Walker
Matt Stair
Nick Pivetta
Abraham Toro
Alejando Kirk AU Any Cards
Jordan Romero Jays
George Springer Auto Jays Any Jays Cards
Alex Manoah Auto any Cards
Andrew Wiggins Auto
Chase Claypool Auto Any Cards
Brooks Henderson Golf Auto
Captain Kirk Willam Shatner Auto
Bianca Andreescu Auto
Collect Leafs & Blue Jays ,Canadian Born Sports or Non sports

mike

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Dec 14 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #6

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Dec 13 2014, 12:53 PM)
Shawn and rest of team.

Im happy where we are today.

I miss the glory days too.

But lets face the facts, In a world of choices , we are just a small fish in a big pond.

We cannot compete with Beckett or blowout, we've got nothing to offer like they do! We don't have price guides, we don't have a warehouse of unopened boxes. We are not "the voice of the industry" like Beckett.

Facebook and their groups have become the second tier in my opinion of forums , and that really isn't the right word cause it is not.. but that is where the trading had gone to!

We remain muddled up as a "last choice" in a third tier of family friendly forums, like Hi, TCZ, SCF, the bench, cardboard connection, freedom cardboard and so on and so forth.

The reason we are the last choice is we are rudderless and ownerless, floating downstream . We cannot upgrade, we cannot even add member thru the registration system and who knows how long that has been going on. Everyday I get inundated by hackers and scammers looking to be validated, new real members NONE for weeks.

Contest and giveaways are like passing the last piece of bread between castaways on a deserted island in my opinion!  Useless cause sooner or later the bread is gone and the castaways die off!

Trader of the month.. what we reward the two people who completed a trade this month? Ok 4 people..My point is...

recruiting - if our registration system doesn't work , why bother, just makes us look stupid.

Now.. until our captain/owner returns we cannot fix problem 3 and that will make us the bottom of the barrel choice for collectors who like action.

Shawn, Im not bailing and Im not giving up. I just want to dampen any enthusiasm because we cannot fix what is broke with positivism and enthusiasm.

But that being said, I still see that third tier struggling. Hi doesn't not have near the participation it once had, TCZ is no different than us, a few good members (mostly ex TCCers) that keep it afloat. SCF is still a happening site and cardboard connection looks stable.

Again Im willing to set here and do whatever is necessary to keep talking to my friends for as long as they wanna stay here and talk to me  and that is my bottom line decision for staying! Ill do whatever youd like to do but what we really need to do is focus on getting Bob Williams back here to fix problems, give us the keys FIRST!

Couldn't say it better myself, as the same as you Steve, to many friends here to just leave

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sasports
post Dec 14 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #7

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Well Im not giving up smile.gif I have Emailed, Texted, Called, and otherwise cyber stalked Bob and will get the codes that we need to get this site back up and running. Mark my words wink.gif

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
artyman60
post Dec 14 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #8

1.21 GIGAWATTS !!!!!!!!
Group Icon

First Name: Arty
Transactions: 398

eBay: artyman60

OpenChecklist:
artyman60

Awards:
Trader of the Month - Oct. '06 Favorite Box Break of 2008

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Im pulling for you shawn, it would be awesome to see this site in the hands of someone who gave a ###### and was willing to do something with it and atleast try to make it what it was

My photobucket l Who i collect l MY youtube BOX BREAKS !!

user posted image

I love the power glove..... Its so Bad !
Eliptic, you are the man! thanks for the great banner

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Dec 14 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #9

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

and i am also doing the same shawn!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sasports
post Dec 14 2014, 08:02 PM
Post #10

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Dec 14 2014, 07:56 PM)
and i am also doing the same shawn!

I know! I just figure the more of us bugging him, the better chance we have of getting through. smile.gif

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
msw_sportscards
post Dec 14 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #11

Collect Hard!!! RIP RGBII
Group Icon

First Name: Marc
Transactions: 84

View Gallery

Create Transaction

So, has it been long enough to clue us in on what the heck happened? I know "He'll tell us when he sees fit" and "He'll be back in his own time" but it's been 4 and a half years. I know some of you know what's going on.

+Quote Post
sasports
post Dec 14 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #12

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(msw_sportscards @ Dec 14 2014, 08:39 PM)
So, has it been long enough to clue us in on what the heck happened? I know "He'll tell us when he sees fit" and "He'll be back in his own time" but it's been 4 and a half years. I know some of you know what's going on.

I wish we did sad.gif But unfortunately we dont. I havent spoken with Bob in over 2 years and it was a very short conversation.

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Dec 14 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #13

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

The easiest explanation is life happened, just like it does for the rest of us. Things change for all of us and some things are more important than cardboard or sites about cardboard.

My honest thoughts are that you can try all you want, but those that have moved on have found the greener pastures that they are comfortable with and it is a little late to try to get them to come back.

Contests are nice, but even the ones run here only get the same few people responding, and some of those that come only respond in that topic. I have been guilty of that as of late as well, as I have lost interest in the hobby. No real sets that draw my interest and the thought of spending money on cards I can't get much back from, really has me moving on to other hobbies. Kids today don't care about cards the way we did. Today they have kindles, Ipods, xboxes, playstations, etc. and all of that is way more fun or interesting that a piece of cardboard with a players picture on it.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Kmart6nets
post Dec 15 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #14

An unhealthy obsession with Kenyon Martin
Group Icon

First Name: Tom
Transactions: 150

eBay: kmart6netsfan

View Gallery

Create Transaction

What Steve said. Bob was such a positive great influence on the site and really drove things to his own vision. We need an ownership change (obviously) and one person to make TCC what THEY want and bring that same enthusiasm day after day. Without whoever that person would be as the commander of the ship... there's just no chance.

And I do hope Bob is doing alright. Just the fact that he built something so great to just abandon ENTIRELY seemingly out of the blue is so bizarre. It's hard to wrap my head around. I understand life happens. But not 5 minutes in almost 5 years to say 'hey sorry but I can't be around anymore - bye'? Very strange.

Always trading for Kenyon Martin

"With no regard for human life!"

My Photobucket! The Kenyon Thread

Protect your cards!

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
deputyjaay
post Sep 20 2017, 07:56 AM
Post #15

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: John
Transactions: 61

eBay: deputyjaay

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I was trying to figure out why this place was such a ghost town. Now I know why. Sad. :-(

Looking for any nice Raiders autos and any rookie reprint auto I don't yet have!

Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154959597@N03/albums

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XNhF3e][img]https://farm5.staticflickr

Profile Card
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Sep 20 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #16

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(deputyjaay @ Sep 20 2017, 08:56 AM)
I was trying to figure out why this place was such a ghost town.  Now I know why.  Sad. :-(

Welcome back John, it's good to see members coming back, stay active and post up a trade/sale thread, best way to get this site rolling again cool.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Sep 20 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #17

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

we dont need Bob to make us active again, we need you to be active!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
deputyjaay
post Sep 20 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #18

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: John
Transactions: 61

eBay: deputyjaay

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 20 2017, 12:56 PM)
we dont need Bob to make us active again, we need you to be active!

Ha, I definitely have the itch again. Just bought a bunch of cards this week to hopefully use as trade bait. Just hope we can get some people back here again to trade with.

Looking for any nice Raiders autos and any rookie reprint auto I don't yet have!

Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154959597@N03/albums

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XNhF3e][img]https://farm5.staticflickr

Profile Card
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Sep 20 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #19

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(deputyjaay @ Sep 20 2017, 01:56 PM)
Ha, I definitely have the itch again. Just bought a bunch of cards this week to hopefully use as trade bait. Just hope we can get some people back here again to trade with.

im always willing to trade

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Rabs
post Sep 20 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #20

Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Ryan
Transactions: 214

eBay: hollamv7

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm always willing to trade or buy/sell. This just this isn't the place to do that anymore. I wish it had traffic like it used to.

I belong to many other forums that I still make trades on fairly often.

My Sports Card Album - use drop down box to view other albums

I collect:
-Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel Super Collector!
-Lucky 13 RCs from Ultra (2004-2007) all versions
-Texas Longhorns alum RCs/GUs/AUTOs in college uni
-Miami (Da U) Hurricanes alum RCs/GUs/AUTOs in college uni
-Virginia Tech Hokies alum RCs/GUs/AUTOs in college uni
-University of Virginia Cavaliers alum RCs/GUs/AUTOs in college uni
-Washington Redskins RCs/GUs/AUTOs
-Atlanta Braves RCs/GUs/AUTOs
-Roger Federer

RIP Sean Taylor #21 - Gone but never forgotten.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us