Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The focus of your auto collection, who and what do you collect?

stlramman
post Feb 28 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

OK I am bored this morning sitting here surfing the net drinkin my coffee and thought i would start a post about everyones auto collection. Who do you collect? teams? players by position? Just what is the focus of your collection. Here is mine.

The #1 priority of my collection is football, I collect the St.Louis Rams, Green Bay Packers, the Lions on a smaller scale and various HOF'ers or players i grew up watching or those i just enjoy watching compete. After football is The Detroit Red Wings,Detroit Tigers & Los Angeles Dodgers I also collect some celebrities & such like i have Desert Storm cards signed by Stormin Norman and Colin Powell and soon am going to try and add George H Bush to them, and i have gotten Katee Sackhoff & Edward James Olmos from the Sci-Fi show Battlestar Galactica. That sums it up for me pretty much,so what is the focus of your collection?

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Knudson
post Feb 28 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #2

Veteran
Group Icon

Transactions: 5
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I suppose the "focus" of my collection is the quantity of signatures I can gather; I like to have a little bit of everything. I tend to go for non-sport related names presently and will eventually branch out into active and retired professional wrestlers, but have no problem introducing musicians, athletes or politicians to my collection. I also request child signatures within reason in hopes of having a true collector's piece as time goes on.

Knudson

Has: http://www.freewebtown.com/knudson/tradingcard.html
Wants: Professional Wrestling (Hulk Hogan), Sport RCs

user posted image

+Quote Post
detroittigerfan1976
post Feb 28 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #3

All-Star
Group Icon

First Name: Steven
Transactions: 17

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I am mainly focusing on Detroit Tigers current and past along with the prospects,retired professional wrestlers/MMA fighters and horror film stars along with the occasional music group.
Running out of names for retired/former tigers

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
JasonS
post Feb 28 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #4

MVP
Group Icon

Transactions: 11

eBay: santasguns

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I focus on mainly hockey and some baseball. I have started to collect signed comic books too. I also love getting older players that I like or have hear of, guys who made the sports what they are today. I have a bunch of 1957 Topps baseball cards signed by ex-players and a bunch of reprinted Parkhurst hockey cards signed by ex-hockey players.

I also sent out request to players who played for the SF Giants or other Bay Area teams I follow.

It amazes me how well the old hockey + baseball guys love the fans. Hall of Famers, guys who were/are the best ever, sign freely and will often add cards too. Not like todays players who want money for an autograph (what? making $100k a game isn't enogh to live on? Gotta charge fans for your signature too?) or won't take the time to sign for fans at all.

I actually am into this just for the enjoyment of getting players I like. I usually send only one card, so as to not seem greedy, and if a player signs for me once I almost never ask again. (I did with a few like Matt Cain and Jeremy Roenick because the first ones came back smudged)
On a rare ocasion I get back notes of thanks and even start a correspondence back and forth, like with Matt Carle or Virgil Trucks.
For me it is quality, not quantity, that I enjoy.

MLB Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
dantm
post Feb 28 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #5

Veteran
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I guess for me, it's just getting players I like who I have cards for. Mainly hockey, since we don't really have much in the way of other pro sports here in Canada, though I've received a couple of Blue Jays.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
dabears67
post Mar 24 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #6

Veteran
Group Icon

Transactions: 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I am focusing on collecting auto'd photos and baseballs of any player who has worn Cubbie Blue. My biggest thrill of the collecting is the development of custom made photos for them to sign. I actually had a player ask if I could send him the original document that I sent him so that he could use it for sending to people and at card show appearances. (I cannot say who, but if you meet him at a card show some day, you may recognize the photo from my postings at http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=745670, as I will soon be adding his auto to my thread.)

FYI, I can make you custom cards, just PM me and tell me who you want, my "donations" are to cover my expenses of ink, photopaper, and shipping.

+Quote Post
19th Century Indiana Jones
post Mar 24 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #7

Beta Version
Group Icon

Members Referred: 4
Transactions: 309

Awards:
2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Profile/Signature

View Gallery

Create Transaction

On-card/on-equipment autographs only.

Main guys (equipment has priority over cards)
Ichiro Suzuki (still looking for those batting gloves)
Steve Slaton

I will probably try to do the same with Beanie Wells.

There are others, but it is only on a case-by-case basis depending on price and visual appeal.

Pre-war cards(baseball, horse racing)

Collect for pleasure and you will always find happiness.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
KHarmon
post Mar 24 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #8

Beware the killer armadiller!!!!
Group Icon

Transactions: 163

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm collecting Rangers. I pick up their big guns, Salty, Young, and Kinsler as I can, but right now I'm getting a lot of Arias, Kiker, ect., because they are the easiest to acquire. I'm just now starting to get back in the swing of things and by the time this summer rolls around I will be up to full steam I hope.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!!
http://texasrangercollector.webs.com/
user posted image
Looking for ANY and ALL Texas Rangers 72 to present!!!!

MLB Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 29th March 2024 - 05:20 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us