Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> catfish hunter auto HOF Yankees

nolan34ryan
post Mar 11 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: David
Transactions: 147
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: nolan34ryan

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I have Topps Rangers 72-today 1598/1598 100% 24.6% signed in person

Trade List of Figures
My Photo Buckett
Selling it all
We are all Sinners, Sinners Die, Salvation is in Jesus Christ Alone[/b]!
Got questions about this please PM me.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
droubaysports
post Mar 12 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #2

TCC's HOF Auto Collector
Group Icon

Transactions: 50

eBay: droubaysports

View Gallery

Create Transaction

but $6 shipping?

Collecting HOF autos, Negro League Autos, Roy Seivers signed cards and other interesting items.
My web store work in progress :) AffordableCards.com

Profile Card
+Quote Post
nolan34ryan
post Mar 12 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #3

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(droubaysports @ Mar 12 2011, 06:52 PM)
but $6 shipping?

The card sells for 20.00 all the time so It's not like its going to end below 15.00 total.

Trade List of Figures
My Photo Buckett
Selling it all

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
droubaysports
post Mar 12 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #4

TCC's HOF Auto Collector
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

ok AND $6 shipping?

Collecting HOF autos, Negro League Autos, Roy Seivers signed cards and other interesting items.

Profile Card
+Quote Post
nolan34ryan
post Mar 13 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #5

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(droubaysports @ Mar 12 2011, 11:33 PM)
ok AND $6 shipping?

Paypal takes their fee, ebay takes their fee both of those are handeling fees. I'm passing that on to the consumer because that also happens to be my handling cost. bubble mailer, tape print cartaridge, handling charge. If you don't like it don't bid but like I said the card is going to sell for 15.-20.00 that includes shpping so if you only want to pay 3.00 for shipping bid $17.00 on someone elses auction. I'm not going to eat the cost of shpping and handleing like other ebay sellers do. To encourage my cost being covered this is the best way to sell for items that sell in this price point. Your actually the only person who has questioned this.

Trade List of Figures
My Photo Buckett
Selling it all

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
droubaysports
post Mar 13 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #6

TCC's HOF Auto Collector
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

you do know thats call fee avoidance right? I sell all the time and routinely cover shipping (try $43 to australia before you complain)
if yo usell you are expected to charge reasonable fees and using excessive fees to cover ebay/paypal is against Ebay policy (look it up).. you can do whatever you choose and charge whatever you want.

and as a side note I am probably the second biggest HOF collector here behind Acecards and have no issue bidding on items that I see as fairly priced and that includes shipping and none are .99 items

Profile Card
+Quote Post
nolan34ryan
post Mar 13 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #7

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(droubaysports @ Mar 13 2011, 10:06 AM)
you do know thats call fee avoidance right? I sell all the time and routinely cover shipping (try $43 to australia before you complain)
if yo usell you are expected to charge reasonable fees and using excessive fees to cover ebay/paypal is against Ebay policy (look it up).. you can do whatever you choose and charge whatever you want.

and as a side note I am probably the second biggest HOF collector here behind Acecards and have no issue bidding on items that I see as fairly priced and that includes shipping and none are .99 items

That is not fee avoidance that is a shipping and handeling charge. Paypal is the service we use so they charge for that service. The same thing is done at your local gas station when they charge more to cover credit card charges. My shipping charges that are less than this are when I ship it in a pwe because the tape, printing cartrige and bubble mailer are not included. You can also include the gas it takes you to pick up your supplies or drop off at the post office. I know what qualifies as legal business expenses I'm an accountant and if you choose to eat the cost good for you. I'm not willing to do that. I have looked it up and my fees are not excessive (look it up). Handeling charges also can be used to cover time spent on shipping the item.

Some people offer free shipping I have no problem with that until my cards comes in a pwe and a ding on a corner. I focus more on the quality of items sold than just trying to be the cheapest. If that's not what your interested in please stay away from my auctions.

Is there anything else you would like to accuse me of on a public forum???

Trade List of Figures
My Photo Buckett
Selling it all

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
droubaysports
post Mar 13 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #8

TCC's HOF Auto Collector
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

so far there were no accusations

HOWEVER let's review Ebay rules Mr accountant...since you brought it up
From Ebays rules
Shipping and handling: You can add a reasonable shipping and handling cost that covers your costs for mailing, packaging, and handling the item. Shipping and handling costs can't be listed as a percentage of the final sale price.

you said and Ill quote from a previous post: "Paypal takes their fee, ebay takes their fee both of those are handeling fees. I'm passing that on to the consumer because that also happens to be my handling cost. "

nothing about ebay fees being passed on??

next...

Profile Card
+Quote Post
nolan34ryan
post Mar 13 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #9

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(droubaysports @ Mar 13 2011, 04:45 PM)

HOWEVER let's review Ebay rules Mr accountant...since you brought it up
From Ebays rules
Shipping and handling: You can add a reasonable shipping and handling cost that covers your costs for mailing, packaging, and handling the item. Shipping and handling costs can't be listed as a percentage of the final sale price. 

you said and Ill quote from a previous post: "Paypal takes their fee, ebay takes their fee both of those are handeling fees. I'm passing that on to the consumer because that also happens to be my handling cost. "

nothing about ebay fees being passed on??

next...

First you broght it (ebay policy) up check the thread. Second I have a ebay 4.5 star rating on shipping charge so that is hardly unreasonable since a 3 star rating is average.

I agree that my handling cost and shipping cost can't be a % of final value and they are not. If you read what you quoted nothing I'm doing is against that policy. My shipping and Handling rate is a flat rate and fluctuates not one cent based on final value. its not a percentage of final sale price. If you take what you are quoting me as saying that is correct, I'm passing the reasonable shipping and handling cost along to the customer.

next....

Trade List of Figures
My Photo Buckett
Selling it all

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Tarasadie17
post Mar 13 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #10

Off spending time with this cutie
Group Icon

First Name: Michael
Transactions: 325

Awards:
July 2009 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Your shipping and handling charge is actually going to cost you. Your starting bid is .99, so you are hoping for multiple bidders. Most bidders like myself refuse to bid on an item with such a low value with such an exorbitant shipping charge. It will be interesting to watch the card and see where it ends up.

I would also like to address your comment that a 3 star rating is average... it isn't. Any seller who averaged 3 stars on their ratings is going to lose their selling privileges. I just left a 3 star rating for a seller and when I did so Ebay displayed a prompt saying that is an unsatisfactory rating and if I am not happy I am eligible for Ebay buyer protection.

"Baseball players will take anything. If you had a pill that would guarantee a pitcher 20 wins but might take five years off his life, he'd take it" MLB pitcher Jim Bouton about drug use in the Major Leagues... quoted in 1969.

I vow to no longer purchase any product that features sticker autographs...
If your user name is this color I'm afraid I'll have to pass on any proposed transactions at this time.
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
nolan34ryan
post Mar 13 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #11

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Mar 13 2011, 07:26 PM)
Your shipping and handling charge is actually going to cost you. Your starting bid is .99, so you are hoping for multiple bidders. Most bidders like myself refuse to bid on an item with such a low value with such an exorbitant shipping charge. It will be interesting to watch the card and see where it ends up.

I would also like to address your comment that a 3 star rating is average... it isn't. Any seller who averaged 3 stars on their ratings is going to lose their selling privileges. I just left a 3 star rating for a seller and when I did so Ebay displayed a prompt saying that is an unsatisfactory rating and if I am not happy I am eligible for Ebay buyer protection.

If it cost me then it cost me. I was just talking about a 3 star as average on a 5 point scale. My worst score is 4.7 and my best is 5.0 with 100% positive feedback.

Also I don't believe that it will cost me thats why I price things this way. I may be wrong. but I typically get a buck more or less than the average on ebay. There may be people on there like you that won't do it but then there are people on there like me that would pay based on final cost of product to my door.

Bottom line ebay is free market principles at its best. Some people want a good deal on shipping, some want a good deal on the item, and others just want a good deal. The reason I have the ratings I do is because I provide a quality item at a quality price. and yes I am gambling that multiple people will bid on an item. Just like when other ebayers gamble that the card they list at 20.00 will sell for 20.00. If it doesn't they are out their .25 or .50 for listing. If I lose I'm out the card. I just keep placing this bet though because I'm happy with the results.
Good luck.

Trade List of Figures
My Photo Buckett
Selling it all

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
nolan34ryan
post Mar 13 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #12

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(droubaysports @ Mar 13 2011, 04:45 PM)

You said I was doing something against ebay policies. That is a accusation. If your now agreeing with me that it is not the case after reviewing the policy I will accept your appologie.

Trade List of Figures
My Photo Buckett
Selling it all

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Tarasadie17
post Mar 17 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #13

Off spending time with this cutie
Group Icon

First Name: Michael
Transactions: 325

Awards:
July 2009 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Well, the results are in... your card sold for $11.25. In the last two weeks five other Nabisco Catfish Hunter's sold for (all prices delivered):

$11.95
$30
$22
$18
$13.57

Small sample, but it appears the high shipping cost may have been a deterrent...

"Baseball players will take anything. If you had a pill that would guarantee a pitcher 20 wins but might take five years off his life, he'd take it" MLB pitcher Jim Bouton about drug use in the Major Leagues... quoted in 1969.

I vow to no longer purchase any product that features sticker autographs...
If your user name is this color I'm afraid I'll have to pass on any proposed transactions at this time.
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
droubaysports
post Mar 18 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #14

TCC's HOF Auto Collector
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

No,
you said I was accusing yo uof something, I said it seemed high to me and I wouldn't bid on it. I never accused you. HOWEVER you feel the need to respond in a defensive manner. Here is what you said " Paypal takes their fee, ebay takes their fee both of those are handeling fees. I'm passing that on to the consumer because that also happens to be my handling cost. bubble mailer, tape print cartaridge, handling charge"
If you would like to discuss how credit card companies handle fees please feel free to do so. i have owned muliple businesses and currently do. The fee that is charges is fo rthe convienance of the vendor accepting credit card payment not the convienance of the consumer using the card. Please feel free to look this up.
Soooo you get charged a fee to accept a credit card and you are not allowed to pass this fee on .. which as seen above you obviously do

Anything else you would like to discuss or are we done?

Profile Card
+Quote Post
Zimbow
post Mar 18 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #15

I need a vacation
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 216

eBay: centralfalc1616

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Wowzers, this thread went downhill. A pm would not have been suitable?. I guess not

Bob.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sasports
post Mar 18 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #16

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

First Name: Shawn
Transactions: 607

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Gentlemen,

This thread is done. No more back and forth, no more calling each other out. If you want to argue about whose ethics are right and whose are wrong: PM each other!

Deals since resurrection: 6 (HELP ME!)

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

QUOTE(chopinalex @ Aug 13 2009, 03:49 PM)
man your hardcore if you bust the box in the parking lot..

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Closed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us