Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

2 Pages  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Still Trying to Complete a Trade Here, Come On Folks!!!

HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 18 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Tom
Transactions: 209
(View: Pending | Failed)

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Been trying to complete a trade here and I am not getting any replies. I know SOMEONE has to have SOMETHING I can use. I know that I have plenty to offer. My next option will be to just sell everything on the bay. Take a look and see if anything appeals to you.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a86/dodgersb...rs/For%20Trade/

Collecting Ryan Garko

WTTF 07 Team USA Black Autos and Auto/Jersey cards

WTTF LETTERMAN and other GU of Jackie Robinson, Koufax, Campanella, J. Gibson, Drysdale and Paige.

Photobucket

Ryan Garko Collection Thread

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 18 2005, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 18 2005, 09:34 AM)
Been trying to complete a trade here and I am not getting any replies. I know SOMEONE has to have SOMETHING I can use. I know that I have plenty to offer. My next option will be to just sell everything on the bay. Take a look and see if anything appeals to you.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a86/dodgersb...rs/For%20Trade/

Ok id be interested in that 1/1 printing plate of texiera/blalock

What are you looking for...

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 18 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #3

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I like the Schmidt auto, Carlton Auto, Ty Cobb Bat, Clemente Jersey, Ruth Tribute Jsy, Pujols Auto, Wheat Jersey, Ripken Auto, Griffey Etchings Auto.

The other 1/1 plates are available as well as the Clemens Auto/Jsy-patch that is #/10. BV on it is 350.00. Lets get something good going. Do you happen to have anthing of Koufax or Jackie Robinson?
Thanks,
Tom

Collecting Ryan Garko

WTTF LETTERMAN and other GU of Jackie Robinson, Koufax, Campanella, J. Gibson, Drysdale and Paige.

Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 18 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #4

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 18 2005, 11:19 AM)
I like the Schmidt auto, Carlton Auto, Ty Cobb Bat, Clemente Jersey, Ruth Tribute Jsy, Pujols Auto, Wheat Jersey, Ripken Auto, Griffey Etchings Auto.

The other 1/1 plates are available as well as the Clemens Auto/Jsy-patch that is #/10. BV on it is 350.00. Lets get something good going. Do you happen to have anthing of Koufax or Jackie Robinson?
Thanks,
Tom

i do not have clemente jerseys only bats...

I would trade the clemente bat from topps tribute 2005 even up for the Texiera/ blalock printing plate.

I have no interest in the clemens

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 18 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #5

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

aim is sjemerick@aol.com I am online right now.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 19 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #6

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

No thanks. The Black plate of this card sold for 91.00, so I would need AT LEAST 150 in trade for it. A single bat card wont get it unless its Ruth, Cobb, etc. Make another offer if you like. I have the Blalock 1/1's as well.
Thanks,
Tom

Collecting Ryan Garko

Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
KHarmon
post Aug 19 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #7

Beware the killer armadiller!!!!
Group Icon

Transactions: 163

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm still willing to buy something from you as far as the Rangers stuff is concerned...but it's going to have to wait until next week....I'm in the middle of moving this weekend and don't have the time to work on anything right now. As soon as I get my stuff moved into the new house and get up and running there I'll get back with you and start working on trades/buys/sells again.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!!
http://texasrangercollector.webs.com/
user posted image
Looking for ANY and ALL Texas Rangers 72 to present!!!!

MLB Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 19 2005, 07:46 AM
Post #8

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 19 2005, 01:08 AM)
No thanks. The Black plate of this card sold for 91.00, so I would need AT LEAST 150 in trade for it. A single bat card wont get it unless its Ruth, Cobb, etc. Make another offer if you like. I have the Blalock 1/1's as well.
Thanks,
Tom

Please let me know when you are online I have been trying to AIM.

You can cross Cobb and Ruth off your list . and I do not understand your reasoning for $150.00 in trade. Why would I want to trade you in excess of what the sales price is. I wasnt born yesterday. Lets see if we can work something out starting with the Clemente and build from there.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 19 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #9

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

In case you were born yesterday, you would know that the trade value is usually in the ballpark of 2x what it sells for. The same plate in a different color SOLD for 91.00. Thats a buy price. I would need at least 150 in trade or something that would sell for 90.00 or so. Clemente Bat cards are fairly common and sell in the 40-65.00 range for unnumbered bat cards.

You ask why you should trade in excess of what the sale price is...that just tells me you dont know how trading works. Anyone that has traded for more than a few months knows that its obvious that a trade price is more than a sell/cash price.

I am not dying to move the plate. Nobody else is gonna have one unless I give mine up, so I am reviewing the few offers I have already recieved, all of which seem to know about the cash value vs. trade value for price setting. If youre not prepared to offer 150 in trade, I will have to pass.

Thanks,
Tom

Collecting Ryan Garko

Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 19 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #10

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 19 2005, 01:11 PM)
In case you were born yesterday, you would know that the trade value is usually in the ballpark of 2x what it sells for. The same plate in a different color SOLD for 91.00. Thats a buy price. I would need at least 150 in trade or something that would sell for 90.00 or so. Clemente Bat cards are fairly common and sell in the 40-65.00 range for unnumbered bat cards.

You ask why you should trade in excess of what the sale price is...that just tells me you dont know how trading works. Anyone that has traded for more than a few months knows that its obvious that a trade price is more than a sell/cash price. 

I am not dying to move the plate. Nobody else is gonna have one unless I give mine up, so I am reviewing the few offers I have already recieved, all of which seem to know about the cash value vs. trade value for price setting. If youre not prepared to offer 150 in trade, I will have to pass.

Thanks,
Tom

to each his own I guess.
Good Luck and let me know how you did.
As far as printing plates go although each is unique there are three primary colors to the printing process, Cyan Magenta and Black. so in my humble opinion there are always three printing plate cards. again each unique thereby qualifying them as 1/1.
But the market has been flooded with each mfg issuing them and there has been a severe price decrease for printing plate cards unless they are autos just like GU has dropped unless it is a dead HOFER.
So in my estimation They arent making anymore Clemente bats to cut up or any other dead HOFers GU for that matter. what existed when they retired or passed away is all there will ever be.

In the meantime Printing plates will go on getting made until the cows come home. Again Good Luck and please let me know how you did in trade for that one..

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 19 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #11

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I hear what youre saying, but the fact is that there are 4 total plates for each card. A single clemente bat can yield 10,000 bat swatch pieces...4...10,000....big difference. If you choose to deal some of those I wanted from you for other items of mine, feel free to check it out and make an offer.
Thanks,
Tom

Collecting Ryan Garko

Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
KHarmon
post Aug 19 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #12

Beware the killer armadiller!!!!
Group Icon

Transactions: 163

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Before this thing gets out of hand... If you guys want to hash out a trade that involves any kind if personal remarks you can hash them out through PM.

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 19 2005, 01:11 PM)

Thanks,
Tom

This post has been edited by bob_TCC: Aug 29 2005, 12:12 PM

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!!
http://texasrangercollector.webs.com/
user posted image
Looking for ANY and ALL Texas Rangers 72 to present!!!!

MLB Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 19 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #13

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(KHarmon @ Aug 19 2005, 03:42 PM)
Before this thing gets out of hand...  If you guys want to hash out a trade that involves any kind if personal remarks you can hash them out through PM.

thats allright Kris, no need for any interjection here. I made the born yesterday comment . I guess I just dont understand after 35 years of collecting that BV has two meanings 1 for trade and one for cash sale.

I thought BV was BV regardless of trade or cash sale..

so I am wrong and I assume he is right. I have never made a trade before on these boards but have made numerous on the beckett boards. I just figured that BV on the Beckett boards was equal to BV on the TCC boards.

Sorry for even trying. You will not have to be concerned with me again. Thanks for stepping in so fast...

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 19 2005, 08:53 PM
Post #14

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Just one more response ..(I am so sorry Kris But I came Home and did some research on this).

I dont want to be misunderstood or labeled an unfair trader, when I offered him the Clemente Bat card from Topps Tribute even up for the Texeira /Blalock printing plate.

This Clemente bat card still regularly sell on ebay or Naxcom for over $100.00 , That is why I offered him even up for the printing plate that is unlisted but recently sold for $91.00.

I believed it to be fair and equitable otherwise I would not have made that offer to him...

Sorry again for even presenting any kind of argument on these boards. that is the sole reason I like these boards a lot better than the Beckett boards. I cant stand the name calling and accusations that fly around there with every post, every box break etc.

Sorry Hoferautocollector I in no way shape or form intended to make it seem like I was offering you any less or more than what I valued the card I was trying to trade for nor the card I was offering in return. You are 100% entitled to your opinions as I am entitled to mine.

10 foot on the east side is 10 foot on the west side, or so the commercial says....

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
CBiggio
post Aug 21 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #15

Veteran
Group Icon

Transactions: 7

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I am interested in the roger clemens auto/jersey.

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 21 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #16

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Aug 19 2005, 09:53 PM)
Just one more response ..(I am so sorry Kris But I came Home and did some research on this).

I dont want to be misunderstood or labeled an unfair trader,  when I offered him the Clemente Bat card from Topps Tribute even up for the Texeira /Blalock printing plate.

This Clemente bat card still regularly sell on ebay or Naxcom for over $100.00 , That is why I offered him even up for the printing plate that is unlisted but recently sold for $91.00.

I believed it to be fair and equitable otherwise I would not have made that offer to him...

Sorry again for even presenting any kind of argument on these boards. that is the sole reason I like these boards a lot better than the Beckett boards. I cant stand the name calling and accusations that fly around there with every post, every box break etc.

Sorry Hoferautocollector I in no way shape or form intended to make it seem like I was offering you any less or more than what I valued the card I was trying to trade for nor the card I was offering in return. You are 100% entitled to your opinions as I am entitled to mine.

10 foot on the east side is 10 foot on the west side, or so the commercial says....

I appreciate the sentiments. I have no interest in getting into it with anyone here. Seems like a great site and I like it here so far. I am the type to give back what comes my way, so the reply was meant in no way to be a personal shot just as I didnt take yours to be one at me.

The Clemente bat you have has sold at least 10 times on ebay for 45-55.00. I was looking for something in the same sell range or something worth around 150.00 for my plate.

I dont think what we had was an arguement at all. I saw it as a disagreement based on information we had present to us at the time. Arguing is when namecalling and threats come out. I dont think that was what we were doing at all.

As far as your quote about 10 feet on the east side/west side, I would normally agree, but with BV versus Sell Value, its closer to 1000 Pounds on earth is not the same as 1000 pounds on the moon.

Thanks for the reply. I enjoy the banter and the comraderie.
Tom

This post has been edited by bob_TCC: Aug 29 2005, 12:19 PM

Collecting Ryan Garko

Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 21 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #17

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(CBiggio @ Aug 21 2005, 03:57 PM)
I am interested in the roger clemens auto/jersey.

BV is 350.00. Its #/10
LMK what you have

Collecting Ryan Garko

Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
CBiggio
post Aug 21 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #18

Veteran
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 21 2005, 05:11 PM)
BV is 350.00. Its #/10
LMK what you have

Bv 350 i will hold off on that one. i was trying to get to trade fo a friend but nevermind.thanks anyway.

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
CBiggio
post Aug 21 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #19

Veteran
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(CBiggio @ Aug 21 2005, 05:23 PM)
Bv 350 i will hold off on that one. i was trying to get to trade fo a friend but nevermind.thanks anyway.

Here is the card

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
ISLP55
post Aug 22 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #20

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: James
Transactions: 31

eBay: islp55

SportsBuy: 95310

OpenChecklist:
ISLP55

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I will give it a shot:What bv and what trade value do you put on these six cards individually. I would also like the year and card/insert # of the cards. I assume most, if not all, are 2004, but I would like confirmation of this assumtion. I would also ask, what are you seeking in return for this lot? i.e. What team, player, sports etc? I have no "page" and what I have would take longer than I care to sit and type. So if you could narrow the field a smidge it would be greatly appriciated. Also do you want one for one? Auto for Auto? or value matches value? e.g. 2-gu @$150.00 for 1-gu @$150.00. Thanks JP
Mark Teixeira TOTT Bat/Shoe/Patch /10
Mark Teixeira Leaf Limited Spectrum Jersey /25
Hank Blalock Leaf Certified Emerald /5
Teixeira/Arod/Blalock Triple 25/25
Mark Teixeira Classics 3 Color Patch /25
Hank Blalock Sweet Sigs Bat/Tag Patch /29

My Photobucket
My Webpage
Collect: Team: Texas Rangers: Auto/GU Players:Mark Teixeira, Cal Ripkin,Michael Young , Nolan Ryan, Ian Kinsler
Teixiera 1025/?200 RC; Auto:3 GU:1. Autos:36 GU: 149
Michael Young 355/?867 Autos:17 GU: 45

Ian Kinsler 129/?467 Autos:22 GU:7 Josh Hamilton
SHipping: I use sleeves and top loaders or team bags and mail in bubble and w/DC if needed. Please do the same.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 26th April 2024 - 02:24 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us