Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Product review..of a website, My checkoutmycards.com experience

beanschat
post Apr 5 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #21

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 180
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: beanschat

SportsBuy: 122015

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:
June 2009 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

well..nothing else has happened so far. I had been careful not to submit cards in which there was a high population already so I wouldn't be hitting a flooded market. The best card I sold so far was a Jason Taylor RC BV $15, got $6 out of it...then a couple of minor cards including a card that wasn't supposed to go there because it wasn't worth it...got lucky and sold that card for 3 cents before I could donate it to the site.

I also have an offer for $9 on a Pedroia Topps Black #d/50...probably a fair offer...i had it listed at $15 and might counter back at $12. A couple of other minor offers that I have countered on. No need to jump on the first offer on the first day.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Apr 6 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #22

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 83

eBay: chopinalex

SportsBuy: 102933

View Gallery

Create Transaction

hey beanschat from what I see the fees to sell one card would be like 50 cents to 1.00 dollars..why did you sell for 3 cents..they charge a .20 cents fee for the first 500 cards each dont they?

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 6 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #23

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

yeah chopinalex ..that was what I referred to as an oops in my previous posts...don't know how that and a couple of other cards got in the box. As far as the fees...they fees are .20 per card...and the batch fee was about .03 per card that I shipped in ($3 on a box up to 500 count)....then they also charge .01 per month they have to store it.

For the $36 in fees (plus $9 postage) i have $844 worth of cards (asking $445) that I never have to scan, relist, etc...to me, it seems the .20 just to scan and upload is pretty reasonable comparing against what I would have to do to sell on ebay.

In the last 24 hours, I sold another card for $3. I was honestly surprised it sold. It was a promo card that was in Topps packs a few years ago for those sportclix figures. the card had Arod, Ichiro, and I don't recall who the third player was on it...honestly didn't know if it was worth anything but I thought I could surely get .25 out of...I started really high I thought...and it sold without anyone trying to talk me down.

I did fail to come to an agreement on another card from Topps Gold Label a few years ago...BV $5 i was asking $3 for...got an offer of $1.50, I countered at $2.25, buyer passed. oh well..it will only cost me .01 next month. I can wait.

I have also purchased a few inexpensive George Brett cards that I didn't have...if I sell them for double great...if not...oh well, will ship it back someday.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 8 2012, 10:28 AM
Post #24

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

well..sales continue...about one card a day. Yesterday the card I sold was one in which I was going back and forth on an offer, a Cliff Lee #d/100. BV on the card was $5, I had it listed for $2. Offer initially came in at $1, I delcined outright. He reoffered at $1.50 and I countered at $1.75 and he agreed.

Today I went in and lowered some prices are some cards, mostly Sports Illustrated for Kids cards, one was a Magic Johnson card with BV of $5 I had had listed at $3, I dropped it to $2 and it was sold within 30 minutes.

I should mention that alot of these cards (including the Magic card today) were ones in which I purchased other peoples collections on Craigslist, often for .005 to .01 per card. I didn't even count the SI for kids cards as cards, so to me, there was a lot of "profit" on these cards.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Apr 8 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #25

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Looks promising still..keep us updated..this is the only thread I am reading these days..

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
dielonthug
post Apr 9 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #26

Its pronouced Die-lon-thug
Group Icon

First Name: Dylan
Transactions: 69

View Gallery

Create Transaction

yeah, as someone who may potentially start sending cards there i like these updates.

"Card collecting is primarily an inherited love of pictures." - Jefferson Burdick

DIELON'S BUCKET

NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 9 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #27

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Had two offers today...one was decent..on a card with some paperloss, another SI Kids card of Magic..BV of $10, I had listed at $3. The offer was $1.50, I countered at $2.

The other offer was an immediate reject...2 08 classics Marino Classic Singles (that I bought to flip at .50 each), a 78 Rose (that I bought to flip for $1), and another card, I don't recall what it was but I had a $1 on that card as well...he offered $2.18. That was an immediate reject. The Rose I bought because it looked like it was in the nicest condition of any of the cards listed under $2.

I did get an email that I liked as well the other day. it told me that some of the BVs on my cards had changed. That was nice info, even though it was mostly because they had listed them incorrectly.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 10 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #28

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

counter on the Magic card was accepted.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 10 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #29

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Tonight I checked out the classifieds (also known as Port sales). There are often people selling their entire stock for one price..or advertising reduced prices or the fact that they set their rules to automatically accept all offers at a certain percentage.

I found one who had said they had reduced alot of their prices to 80% off and to accept 50% offers...so that $2 I collected this morning was used to purchase a 1958 Bob Cerv (with no special notes about condition) for $1.... a SI for Kids Magic Johnson and a buck for a 1958 Cerv...sounds like a deal to me!!

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
NYMETSJETS
post Apr 11 2012, 06:08 AM
Post #30

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: TK
Transactions: 421

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(beanschat @ Apr 10 2012, 09:57 PM)
Tonight I checked out the classifieds (also known as Port sales).  There are often people selling their entire stock for one price..or advertising reduced prices or the fact that they set their rules to automatically accept all offers at a certain percentage. 

I found one who had said they had reduced  alot of their prices to 80% off and to accept 50% offers...so that $2 I collected this morning was used to purchase a 1958 Bob Cerv (with no special notes about condition)  for $1....  a SI for Kids Magic Johnson and a buck for a 1958 Cerv...sounds like a deal to me!!

I hit that sale up too. Got about 100 cards. Last week he had them at 70% and 50% offers and got some already from him. He has some good priced stuff if you can search through it.

An update from my end. My cards hit Saturday. I think someone was buying as I was pricing, as cards started dissapearing pretty quick. When I noticed this, I started pricing higher. I jumped right in blindly and sent 1,500 cards in my first batch and have been getting a decent amount of sales/offers a day. Some things are selling for higher than I thought, and some things I'll probably have to lower quite a bit before I get any bites. Like I mentioned above, I chose to reinvest some of my profits in the sale above, and continue to buy when I see cards at a good deal. I've even bought some Jets cards for my PC that I have sitting aside untill I get enough together to make it worth a shipment home.

Also, prior to my cards hitting, I cleared out what I accumulated from buying (and selling) through a port sale (selling everything I had at the time) for $213. So in the month that I was waiting for my cards to load, I had turned my $100 I left in my account into $213. Not too shabby. I've got another lot ready to ship and so far this sight has been a ton of fun.

Beanchat, don't mean to hijack your thread but figured I'd give my take too. From your comment above, I do think we get 90 days (I know it was more than 30) for any cards we originally sent in to avoid the $.01 month storage fee, so hopefully that is the case.

user posted image

+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 11 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #31

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hey TK! I was hoping you would come back and post your results. Sounds as if you are doing VERY well! It sounds as if you experienced the immediate sales like I did. I wonder if they identify cards as they scan them in and set a price that they will pay under an ID. Otherwise, I haven't found a way to seach newest cards..ohp! Just found it after I thought about it for half a second. I haven'thad any more action, but I am planning on putting together a batch of 500 cards. I figure with 165 cards, I am averagaing a card a day...I don't think that is bad at all..and the fact that we are definately clearing over ebay prices....

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 12 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #32

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

alright...I admit it...today's big move was going over to NYMETSJETS store and picking up a couple of Donruss Classics I could use...also turned down a $2.20 offer on a Votto RC...I turned it down..my $3 listing price is the lowest on the site by .99 so I think I'll hold out on that for a bit.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
NYMETSJETS
post Apr 12 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #33

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: TK
Transactions: 421

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(beanschat @ Apr 12 2012, 04:57 PM)
alright...I admit it...today's big move was going over to NYMETSJETS store and picking up a couple of Donruss Classics I could use...also turned down a $2.20 offer on a Votto RC...I turned it down..my $3 listing price is the lowest on the site by .99 so I think I'll hold out on that for a bit.

Haha, I didn't even realize you bought some off of me. I bought quite a few of those in one of those 50% off sales. I still have that 1 of mine held out of what I've been shipping in for you (I think it's a Craig Stelz maybe). Maybe I'll just include it and sell it to you for a penny and you can ship it to yourself when you build up enough cards. It would save me the shipping of 1 card to you.

An update from my side. I ran a two day advertisement (paid $4) starting last night for 20% off and taking offers on my cards and sold a decent amount last night and this morning (probably 30 or so cards total). I did buy a nice Stan Musial GU/Auto #'d /5 yesterday for $35 and then ended up selling it for $40 (had it at $50, then had to give it up for the 20% off). I was actually dissapointed it sold and probably should have cranked the price up a bit more as that was one I wouldn't have minded shipping home eventually. Oh well, at least I made $5 on it, I'll remember that next time I buy a card I might want to keep.

Also, I opened my account up to take offers from Amazon (which essentially just lists all your cards on COMC on Amazon.com). You have to agree to take a 20% discount on your price to pay the amazon fees but other than that, it just flips a switch and your cards are there by the next day. So if your looking for the Alex Rodriguez 1999 Stadium Club Triumvirate Illuminator that you've always wanted, and search for it on Amazon, bam, you'll see my card. Pretty cool, however I don't think I've had a single sale from Amazon today. I guess not that many collectors go to Amazon to buy cards right now.

user posted image

+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Apr 12 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #34

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

So does that mean you are making profit now..to both of you..or you still trying to make up that deficit?

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Apr 12 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #35

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Just saw that the 1 cent storage fee per card is free for first 90 days of original seller...everything sounds good except the initial up front money..to have 500 cards to list is easy but the $100 bucks to front it minimum is high!! plus if I want my cards back i have to pay for them!! I'd rather sell to you guys cheap... hmm decisions decisions..

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Apr 12 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #36

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

lol..sorry for these random posts..but I do like the idea of putting your entire lot for sell! Now that I do like!!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 15 2012, 09:03 AM
Post #37

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I haven't made all of my fees back, J am about half way. Seems like they have been there for a long time, but it has still been less than two weeks, and each of the cards sold for more than I had been asking for out of my garage or on line.

I also sold another card since my last post. A Takatso 2005 framed DH #d/25. I had been trying to sell if for quite awhile for $1. After a couple of counters, we settled at $1.75.

I also bought a Bonds GU with BV of $25 for $2.99. I know alot of people don't like Bonds, but his cards still seem to do very well. I relisted it at $6.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 15 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #38

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Sold another card today...a Donruss Press Proof of Miguel Cabrera #d/100. Had it listed for $5 with a BV of $10, felt it was pretty agreesively priced (for me)..and was happy I received an offer of $4 on. Sold!

Also bought a chear Elway card...

Went to a "card show" today, only had two dealer with cards I was interested in (I was looking for quarter cards to send in here). Grabbed about 35 (one was a Babe Ruth Attax foil with BV of $15) and a few other nice ones...Put most of those (a few weren't worth sending in) to put together a lot of 265 to ship in.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Apr 15 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #39

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

oh, also Alex, I saw if you do ship cards back (including ones you buy ;-)) they have a max of $25...

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Apr 17 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #40

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

hmm..still 50/50 on this site...but I like the updates..thanks!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th April 2024 - 11:07 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us