Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Recent suckiness with 18-19 UD S1, Warning for retail buyers!

northicehero99
post Jan 11 2019, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

The Target stores locally got in their 24 count boxes of UD S1 and generally they get in 2 boxes per store. Over the last few weeks I have randomly picked packs from the boxes at different stores. It appeared as though someone had gone through the boxes, but I assumed it was your typical GU searcher and the boxes still seemed pretty full. So I bought 6 packs on my first try with no luck at any Young Guns, but I hit a couple portraits and canvas. Crappy luck, I thought! A few days later I went back and saw there were still packs in the box, so I bought 4 more thinking I should hit one young gun based on the odds being 1 in 4 packs. Opened all of these and same thing no young guns, got a canvas and another portrait and 2 packs of base. Wow, what crappy luck 10 packs nearly 1/2 a box and no YG to show for my purchases. Ugh! blowup.gif

So a few days later shopping at another close by Target saw the two boxes and both were 2/3 full so I grabbed 4 packs and guess what again no young guns, but I noticed it seemed like some of the cards were out of position in the packs, but I did not pay much attention to it as I was in a hurry to get somewhere. So a few days later I went back to that same Target and picked up 4 more packs as it looked like maybe only 1 or 2 packs had sold since I was last there. I started opening the packs and noticed immediately that the first 4 cards were slid to the top of the pack in every pack and again no young guns.

What I came to realize from this experience is that someone has figured a way to feel out the young guns by sliding the first 4 cards up in the pack and sliding the back cards down. It took me 2/3 of a box to figure out I was wasting my money. The good news was that they skipped over a Juulsen YG Canvas by doing that process, still I feel ripped off and it ##### to spend $50+ and only get one decent hit. I was going to write Target and UD, but figured they cannot or will not do anything about it. Not that I want UD to send me something, but maybe they can start shifting cards around in packs so it is not so obvious where the YG is or make the packaging tighter so these jerks cannot do this??? Anyway, that is my rant and warning to those of you who purchase retail. If the packs seem disturbed and cards in the packs seem shifted, I would pass on buying the packs no matter how much you want to. I think this is an end to my retail purchasing, other than blasters or full boxes from reputable dealers.

Good Luck with your pack purchases and may the mojo be with you!!! Happy New Year!

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
maple19
post Jan 11 2019, 01:00 PM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 639

Awards:
Member of the Month: June 2014, November 2014 Trader of the Month- Mar 2015 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

up here all cards at Walmart seal in blasters never any open packs

I would never buy open packs except in corner stores or hobby shops

ALL SPORTS GU & AU NON SPORTS on 1 PAGE
HERE

Players Looking for Autos
Joey Votto
Larry Walker
Matt Stair
Nick Pivetta
Abraham Toro
Alejando Kirk AU Any Cards
Jordan Romero Jays
George Springer Auto Jays Any Jays Cards
Alex Manoah Auto any Cards
Andrew Wiggins Auto
Chase Claypool Auto Any Cards
Brooks Henderson Golf Auto
Captain Kirk Willam Shatner Auto
Bianca Andreescu Auto
Collect Leafs & Blue Jays ,Canadian Born Sports or Non sports

mike

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jan 11 2019, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I watch these pack searching scum and refuse to ever buy anything not behind a counter ever

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Jan 11 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Legend
Group Icon

Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Walmart doesn't even have hockey here, not sure if sold out or just not carrying it. Have baseball, football, and oddball stuff.

Steve, I agree, just thought they could only pick out GU, did not know they figured out how to do YG. Sad that people are that greedy! I saw the hot packs advertised on the bay, but thought that they were lying or able to search by weight, did not figure they were ripping off retail boxes.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
bajmurray
post Jan 12 2019, 10:36 AM
Post #5

bajmurray
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 423

eBay: bajmurray

Awards:
2009 ROY - Newcomer December 2009 TCC Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I won't even buy from the only local card shop in my area.

I bought a "sealed" pack of Topps football and hit an auto redemption. When I went online to redeem it, I got a message that it had already been redeemed. (Topps did not have a scratch-off for the code. It was just printed on the redemption).

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

HOF GU/AUTO Collection status:
Baseball 116 ~ Football 153 ~ Hockey 113

Please check out my ebay store: Murray's Sports Collectibles.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Murrays-Sports...s__W0QQ_armrsZ1

NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Jan 20 2019, 07:23 PM
Post #6

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I stopped buying packs, I never get anything and I wonder why. If isn't
a sealed box I won't buy it.

Wal-Mart is a joke, no hockey at all. Target is so so, sell out once and never get it again, like they order it once, obviously it sells so why not stock back up again, baseball and football are collecting dust lol.

Maybe we can start doing smaller box breaks on the sly

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 16th April 2024 - 11:40 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us