Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> What are you doing to increase traffic, and further the hobby?

sasports
post Aug 25 2014, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

First Name: Shawn
Transactions: 607
(View: Pending | Failed)

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Over the past couple of years, we have seen a decline in traffic on TCC and in the Hobby in general. However, there are sites out there with thousands of members online daily. I have seen a ton of threads either complaining about the lack of traffic on TCC or with suggestions to fix it(and even posted a few of my own), however not much is being done but talk.

Here is my question to you: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HELP TCC AND THE HOBBY?

I ask this for one simple reason. If you are doing something and its helping, then share it so that others can as well.

For instance, I have taken on the TCC Facebook updates and even though I don't use it daily, we have seen several names online in the past month that haven't been on in quite so time. I am not saying that they are all back because of Facebook, however, I know of at least three that I chatted with on face and then within days, they were back posting on TCC.

Another example is the Snake Thread. I am trying to revive it. Folks, let me explain something about contests and giveaways. The people hosting are usually getting NOTHING in return. It is for people who can to help out other members. I enjoy giving cards away from time to time. I love seeing people getting PC items that they need. This is one reason I love my Low Budget Box Breaks. They are fast, fun, and affordable. And you have a good chance of getting some PC items that you may not have been able to afford outright.

These are just a couple of small minute things. And yes, they may only be slightly helping the site, but if we all were helping just a little, things would be getting better exponentially!

Disney does motivational sales classes that they teach all over the world. Their number one point is this:

If you can make 100 things 1% better the outcome will be tremendously noticeable. However, if you try to make 1 thing 100% better, you will most likely fail and no one will even notice.

Lets fix the little things. If everyone on TCC tried to make things 1% better, we would be the most amazing site on the internet!

Deals since resurrection: 6 (HELP ME!)

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

QUOTE(chopinalex @ Aug 13 2009, 03:49 PM)
man your hardcore if you bust the box in the parking lot..

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
sasports   What are you doing to increase traffic   Aug 25 2014, 10:35 AM
northicehero99   Shawn, I think those other sites are getting more ...   Aug 25 2014, 11:46 AM
sasports   I think getting some sponsorship would be a great ...   Aug 25 2014, 12:12 PM
aceecards   Shawn Sponsorship for free breaks is not going to...   Aug 25 2014, 01:28 PM
sasports   Just hide and watch me work my magic. :P I h...   Aug 25 2014, 01:35 PM
aceecards   and Ill send you a bottle of advil .. :lol: Ch...   Aug 25 2014, 02:47 PM
sasports   I know Chris, not familiar with the others. Bee...   Aug 25 2014, 02:58 PM
chopinalex   what is SCF and HI??   Aug 25 2014, 05:18 PM
aceecards   sportscardforums hobbyinsider   Aug 25 2014, 06:06 PM
redwing40   I never heard of them :lol: ;)   Aug 25 2014, 06:29 PM
redwing40   As the economy is finally hitting home with some c...   Aug 25 2014, 06:26 PM
sasports   SCF is pretty fairly active. I have competed abou...   Aug 25 2014, 06:48 PM
maple19   blowout cards forum I used when I got cards for sa...   Aug 25 2014, 07:36 PM
sasports   I can host a Case break if Anyone is interested. ...   Aug 25 2014, 07:42 PM
maple19   good case to try is 2014 A&G as a kit if membe...   Aug 25 2014, 09:55 PM
maple19   tcc facebook you should advertise the group breaks...   Aug 25 2014, 10:10 PM
nuhuskers   I posted a link to tcc on several of the fb card s...   Aug 25 2014, 10:47 PM
Tarasadie17   Admirable attitude Shawn, but nothing is going to ...   Aug 25 2014, 11:49 PM
SinatraKing   But 2006 was the bomb diggity O for years here ;) ...   Aug 26 2014, 01:26 AM
redwing40   We are currently back working on it again, and se...   Aug 26 2014, 05:27 AM
northicehero99   Michael we are going for the ground hog day theme...   Aug 26 2014, 05:40 AM
sasports   I thought about it, but didnt want to be accused...   Aug 26 2014, 06:04 AM
maple19   Frist time TCC Central Was on facebook I share and...   Aug 28 2014, 07:59 AM
5toosweet   When any of us try to promote the website by shari...   Aug 28 2014, 01:18 PM
maple19   we should contact company sends a box to promote ...   Aug 28 2014, 02:49 PM
sasports   Not much but its a start: Sent a message to SA-G...   Aug 28 2014, 02:59 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 16th May 2024 - 09:49 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us