Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

captkirk42's Blog
Stuff about my collection

entry Sep 5 2017, 02:37 PM
Special Edition: 3 card Mail Day plus an in person 4 binder collection Haul

ON Friday 01 Sep 2017:
I got a special haul of cards. To back up slightly For a few years now on the First Friday of each month I get together with some friends at their house and a mutual friend joins us. Their oldest son, one of two, who is in his early to mid 30s now used to collect trading cards. Not sure if the other son collected or not. So what seems like just a couple of years ago, is actually 4 years ago, they gave me the bulk of their son's cards from around the typical junk wax years Mostly early 1990s. I blogged about it here. I don't know if the son has even thought about his old hobby, or as I said back in that post if he is even aware that his old collection is gone, now completely gone. Anyway with that first haul I was told there might be some more cards, but they weren't sure, about 2 years ago a binder or two showed up, and to my surprise a few weeks ago the "final" batch was uncovered and given to me over this Labor Day weekend. A healthy mix of baseball and football cards were in three 3 inch binders. Plus there was a thinner binder. I originally thought of it as a "Trapper Keeper", but this thing is just a 1 inch binder with a Velcro flap. This smaller binder held some non-sport cards. To be exact it has an incomplete set of 1994 Fleer Ultrra Beavis and Butthead cards. Hahahahahaha. I didn't do a complete count, but they are organized by number and there was even a "Cards Needed" checklist on a piece of notebook paper. Not sure if I've going to try to complete the set or not. Over the years I have thought about it.

One time I used to have a nine-card promo sheet of the set from one of the Non-Sport Card Magazines (I think it was Card Collector's Price Guide) that would often include those 9 card promo sheets I ended up selling it on Ebay some years ago. That would have been a nice compliment to the set if I had ever pursued it.

Also there was a 25 sheet pack of 9 pocket binder pages from Mega Cards with the free Conlon Collection card in it. This one has a 1992 colorized #12 Carl Hubbell card. Moving on.

Saturday 02 Sep 2017:
Mail Day: 1 PWE 3 cards Sportlots auction all three for 25¢ each plus $3.37 shipping
1957 Topps Baseball: 158 Curt Simmons Phillies
1959 Topps Baseball: 498 Dick Hyde Senators
1965 Topps Baseball: 180 Bob Allison Twins

Hey that is one card for my Strive For '65 Set Build

« Next Oldest · captkirk42's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

My Picture
User Photo

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th April 2024 - 10:42 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us