Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Upper Deck Shows Off Card With 16 Michael Jordan A

redwing40
post Nov 7 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #1

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Buy a box of current higher end Upper Deck basketball products and you cross your fingers in hopes of landing a Michael Jordan or LeBron James autograph. How about opening a pack and finding sixteen of them?

On one card.

Michael Jordan 16 autographs Exquisite basketball2012-13 Upper Deck Exquisite Basketball is hitting the market this week five autographs in each six-card pack but there are a couple of 1/1 cards that will put the others to shame. The unprecedented hoop de grace, the holy bucket, the Teeth-Shaking, Glass-Breaking, Rump-Roasting, Bun-Toasting, Wham-Bam, Glass-Breaker-I-Am-Jam cards will be the special booklets featuring 16 MJ or LeBron autographs.

The company posted photos of the cards on Tuesday. Each of the 16 sections containing the autographs has a small but different photo of the player next to the signature.

LeBron James 16 signature card Exquisite

So what will they fetch on the open market (assuming they get there)? A relatively pedestrian certified Jordan autograph on an Upper Deck basketball card usually sells for around $400. Multiply that by 16 and you get $6,400 but it’s not a stretch to say the MJ booklet will sell for a lot more. A guess might put the James card at about half of whatever the Jordan goes for.

Whatever the outcome, it’s something we have never seen before.

Upper Deck may not have an official NBA license but its exclusive deals with Jordan and James allow it to remain a serious player in the basketball market, even if not everyone is crazy about the use of college photos with autographs of Hall of Famers and other big names.

If you miss out on the 16 signature cards, you’ll still have a shot at what the company is calling “player-themed super packs”.

Michael Jordan Super Tin 2012-13 Exquisite

Random packs will contain either three or five different signed cards all featuring autographed cards of Jordan, James and other icons.

Full Story and Picture's:
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/upper...dan-autographs/

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Nov 7 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #2

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I thought two AUs from the same person on a card was pointless.....so needless to say, I really don't get it and think it is a dumb idea....but I don't collect BK so guess don't matter what I think.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
captkirk42
post Nov 7 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #3

Old School Vintage
Group Icon

First Name: Kirk
Transactions: 228

eBay: captkirk42

OpenChecklist:
klandersen

Awards:
June 2012 Member of the Month

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Stupider idea than the booklets to begin with. At this point THEY ARE NOT CARDS anymore. I was really annoyed when I first heard about and saw the game used card concept of cutting up a piece of memorabilia into a thousand one inch squares to put onto (into really) cards. That concept got so popular and accepted by collectors and the hobby that they are here to stay. I really hope this 16 autographs of just one player on a huge binder, folder, um booklet idea FAILS.

What is the point? Any more than one autograph of a single player on a card is ridiculous, unless it is a case like the vintage cards where the card company made the card with a facsimile autograph and then the player signed the card in person sometime later.

Are these card makers intentionally trying to make me quite this hobby of ours?

What I Collect
Washington DC area Sports teams and Vintage plus Non-Sport.
user posted image
MY WANT LIST:
Master Want List on Blog

BLOGS & STORES:
TCC BLOG/ CaptKirk42 Card Blog/ Curly W Cards/ CaptKirk42 on COMC/ My Ecrater Store/ My Squidoo.com lense

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Nov 7 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #4

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Kind of stupid really, Now if you gave me something like that as a Team, like 16 different players on one sheet, that would be cool!
I liked GU at one time, kind of getting over board with it, the Patches are cool, but will end up the same.
Talk about running out of idea's with 16 auto's of the same player, Lol!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 25th April 2024 - 02:11 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us