Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

SMTWTFS

My Blog Links

"Random Stuffing Ingredients"
or "How I became a Pirate", (hockey collecting)
Filter by Category:

7 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
 | Category: assortment of ramblings
entry Apr 7 2010, 04:45 PM
I'm always amazed how anyone can give the slightest care about football at this time of year.

Expand those horizons all!

Stanley Cup is what it's all about right now !!

entry Mar 8 2010, 03:20 PM
Been terribly long since I made a trade here.

I know there is some interest in the cards I have for trade, unless people just want to buy these days?

entry Jan 24 2010, 02:06 PM
Ah, reminiscing about james dunn - the guy who ripped a bunch of folks here off, including myself at another site that no longer exists.

I'm ready for my cards with interest dry.gif whenever you want to come clean james... dry.gif

entry Jan 15 2010, 03:05 PM
I love it.

I put my two cents in here and have my opinion completely ignored.

That can only mean there is no rebuttal to my well crafted words. smile.gif

entry Jan 10 2010, 01:14 PM
The end of an era for me.

After trading and selling off the last of the cards I had on my tradelist in December, I have decided that I will no longer maintain a tradelist.

Of course I still have a few cards on hand for trading, but I've grown tired of the "Do you have anything else to trade?" that I seem to get so often.

Reasons for this:
My hockey homepage tradelist has always said right at the top: These are all the cards I have on hand to trade

Yet I still get that question...as if all the time I spent was worthless...Why can't I get "I'm looking for these cards of this player from these years in trade"?

That way I can say - "Okay here's what I've got of that player" or "I don't have anything on hand, but will be checking for something at the next local card show"

Looking back...I've never gotten that reply from anyone...and I find that strange...no one is willing to check their local card show for something they want that I have???

I can see not wanting to dig thru stuff for a list of 100 or 1000 cards that someone wants...but what of say, a list of 10 specific issues that go for a few bucks tops? I'd do that for someone even if they didn't have something for me in trade.

So when the next show comes around I'll post up a going to the show thread for hockey wants. (Yes, gonna stick to hockey, since I don't have clue on values or players for the most part in the other sports)

Maybe it will start a trend...local show mining.

entry Dec 14 2009, 07:20 PM
Here's your chance to buy out my trade list. Because, I think that once that happens I will no longer maintain a trade list. Everything will go on a basis of you having something from my want list, then I find something you can use in trade at the shop or show.

Just seems easier than spending $$ on a random bunch of stuff at the show based on names I think will move in hopes of getting a trade.

Sad in one respect, a shot of today's hobby in another.

entry Oct 25 2009, 07:49 PM
So this is kind of funny...

I have a stack of about $100 of cards for trade, (not that I really keep track all that much, but I was curious so booked them out after the fact), and offer them to a guy in trade for some #'d and new press RC's...guy looks thru the stack and takes the least valued card in trade...weird. Passes on other stuff that books $15 for something that comes in at $1.

Works for me.

entry Apr 7 2009, 11:06 AM
Well...5 days left to make some trades. smile.gif

entry Mar 28 2009, 08:28 PM
Well, the Rage are out of the playoffs after dropping 2 games in their series. First playoff appearance not nearly long enough... sad.gif

So no Avs, no Rage...maybe the Eagles can pull out a Cup victory...

And DU lost their spot, at least Air Force is in the mix, hoping they pull out a few more victories wink.gif

entry Mar 23 2009, 05:10 PM
Well, looks like my trading time left this season is going to be short, since there will not be much impetus to collect with the Avs out of the playoff race, and doubtfully much interest in the mostly Avs stuff I have for trade to boot... sad.gif

With that said, check out my tradelist posthaste, and go Bruins! laugh.gif

entry Mar 18 2009, 02:50 PM
Going back to the heydey for collecting right now. Looking for inserts and parallels from 1995-2001 Avalanche. I've had enough of this boring new stuff for the time being. laugh.gif

entry Mar 4 2009, 12:37 PM
So I have a fondness for cards picturing Avs players with the Stanley Cup. Maybe make a collage out of those...

entry Feb 25 2009, 06:03 PM
Well I guess I can say this about the year so far...it sure has gotten easy to find stuff at a reasonable price. Cards I've looked for too long are appearing for sale, and I've gotten to add quite a few nice issues I hadn't thought about.

And as a bonus to sellers, if I grab some stuff at a sweet price I'm more likely to look over the other stuff mouldering on your shelves and offer something for it.

So don't forget to dust off those boxes of 95-01 inserts you've got in the back room and bring them to the show. (Like you always promise to bring to the next show, but for some reason with all your GU focus keep forgetting to bring) wink.gif

entry Jan 9 2009, 07:42 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, here are all my Mail Day threads from 2008:
Jan 4th
Jan 17th
Jan 23rd
Feb 4th
Mar 6th
Mar 17th
Apr 2nd
Apr 7th
Apr 10th
Apr 15th
Apr 16th
Nov 10th
Nov 17th
Dec 8th
Dec 15th
Dec 29th

All still there for your viewing and commenting pleasure. biggrin.gif

entry Jan 2 2009, 02:20 PM
Nine active threads in the hockey trading area, and no one has or wants anything?

Nine months since last trade here, getting kind of depressing.

entry Dec 28 2008, 04:35 PM
Today brought the final refresher on why I don't buy packs...inserts now are terrible and the package space wasted by the filler cards just plain stinks. As an added bonus, not a single card from my team... sad.gif

entry Dec 27 2008, 02:06 PM
Sort of a disappointing month when I'm adding more cards at 25¢ a shot, than by trading with folks on the boards...

On the other hand, what Avs inserts do you have for sale at 25¢ ???

entry Dec 13 2008, 06:24 PM
Well, back to the old trouble of a nearly bare tradelist...and not sure what to do about that, if anything. unsure.gif

I'm considering going to an on demand type of setup, where shortly before a show I post up wantlists. Then if someone has something from that wantlist they list things they are interested in...I attempt to pick those up at the show.

I wonder how well it will work tho? Sometimes the show is great on hockey, other times I buy a few singles and go home unfulfilled...would it be any better with a wider variety to look for?

Or would I just end up with money spent on a bunch of stuff I don't collect when I present my list of finds and hear, "nothing on your list I can use"...

I'm not going to shell out big for stuff either way, since what I'm looking for is stuff on the sub $20bv end for almost everything...nonetheless trying to find something to keep the ship sailing.

Wish I had some other shows to compare with...maybe I'll take a drive up to Calgary this summer...or maybe not, since I got word they are hit or miss on 90's stuff sad.gif

entry Dec 7 2008, 12:51 PM
Updated my hockey page over the last couple of days. Tried to make it's appearance more adaptable to visitors differing hardware.

Anyway, check the page out and send any feedback, particularly on the page layout, and how it appears in your browser.

Thanks. smile.gif

entry Nov 14 2008, 11:06 AM
So I noticed something about a member who wants me to buy some cards off of him - he never posts anywhere on the site except the trading forums. Seriously, how is this guy enjoying this hobby? huh.gif

Seriously 45 pages of topics!! No mail days...no comments on the card issues...no opinion on anything apparently.

7 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
Lo-Fi Version Time: 18th March 2024 - 11:55 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us