Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Exquisite Club -Multi Sport (by Boxbreakers Group), Sign-up now for Hi-Rollers Group Break!

crpalmi
post Jul 13 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Crpalmi
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 2348
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: Tcben2002

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Boxbreakers have been doing group breaks for the last 6 months and have had some great breaks throughout that time (check out my Gallery for some pics or PM me for the website where we have links to all past breaks). The last few months I have had alot of requests from people to get more high-end products in the mix which I do sprinkle in but I don't want to price out alot of people who may not be able to swing the extra cash if the price goes up too much.

The solution - how about creation of a high-end only group to bust Exquisite products each month. Rather than form a group for each sport I thought I'd try a Multi-Sport group and cap it at 15 participants (if we can get that many) so each person gets two teams (one chosen and one drafted) in each sport including Football, Basketball, and Baseball). That's 6 teams total for each participant and you get everything pulled from your teams from among 5 boxes broken that month. Product list appears further below). It's not called a High-Rollers group for nothing as the cost of these 5 boxes of Exquisite would be high ($140 per person including all fees) but the payoff of having 6 teams and 5 boxes of the highest end product out there would (or could) be great. All breaks would be done via Youtube so you could see the actual breaks. Here's how I propose we work the team assignments...

Each participant will list TWO teams (one team from any two of the 3 sports) that they want to claim. When we get 15 participants with two sports teams claimed we then hold a draft (order determined by random drawing) live on these boards for the 3rd team (which would be chosen from whichever sport you have not yet claimed). This allows for some some good teams to be available as nobody can corner a market of good teams by getting to pick in all 3 sports from the start. The extra free teams in each sport would be assigned by random drawing. That fills 30 teams and the final 2 teams in FB would be handed out as they're pulled by yet another random drawing.

So...that's the format. I completely understand that with the $140 cost as high as it is we may have a struggle to fill these spots but we won't know unless we try. Since this will be a multi-sport group I will post this is in all 3 sports marketplace forum but will keep each one updated with any updates. Here is the proposed product list and includes one box from each product;

2007-08 Exquisite Basketball Box
2006-06 Exquisite Basketball Box
2007 Exquisite Football Box
2006 Exquisite Football Box
2007 Exquisite Baseball Box

Just to get things started...I'll go first. Remember I need you to list one team from each of two sports (not all 3) as your initially claimed teams...

Slot 1 - Crpalmi - Vikings and Bulls
Slot 2 - Bwaggy - Colts and Lakers
Slot 3 - 1Padresfan - Yankees and Chargers
Slot 4 - Otter8418 - Cavs and Raiders
Slot 5 - NYCPhillyphan - Supersonics and Phillies
Slot 6 - Jprk31 - Patriots and Celtics
Slot 7 - 77Engineer - Trailblazers and Saints
Slot 8 - Coyboys4life71 - Cowboys and Nuggets
Slot 9 - Coltsfan27 - Packers and Cubs
Slot 10- Gottabe - Jaguars and Reds
Slot 11- Chaddude - Red Sox and Bears
Slot 12-
Slot 13-
Slot 14-
Slot 15-

Please remember the cost is $140 before you decide to sign-up as I want people to be realistic if this group is right for them...but if so please either PM me or just respond to this thread. I will only be buying sealed cases for this break so would like to run this for 3 months so I don't get stuck with extra boxes but you are not required to commit to the group for any longer than you wish. However, if you do participate this month and decide to stick with the group the next month, you get to retain your choice of two of the 3 teams that you have for this month. I hope all that makes sense but feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jul 13 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

comment from other thread

The reason I ask, is because we like to see a one and done mentality in regards to group box break offerings. We have allowed you 3 currently and none are finished.

Id almost rather see one or two of those completed before offering a huge break like this!

Maybe you can delay this particular offering until that time!

Successful Group Box breaks are done with moderation in mind just look at luke2411, monsta, artyman, urbanmonk and others that continue month after month with full membership! Do one thing at a time is a great foundation!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 13 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #3

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(aceecards @ Jul 13 2008, 09:44 AM)
comment from other thread

The reason I ask, is because we like to see a one and done mentality in regards to group box break offerings. We have allowed you 3 currently and none are finished.

Id almost rather see one or two of those completed before offering a huge break like this!

Maybe you can delay this particular offering until that time!

Successful Group Box breaks are done with moderation in mind just look at luke2411, monsta, artyman, urbanmonk and others that continue month after month with full membership! Do one thing at a time is a great foundation!

I understand and appreciate the comments. I just wanted to point out that we did have our break on this thread last month for two of the three sports and have the sign-ups nearly complete for the July breaks in those sports again. I just figured with the comments I've received about adding more high end products I would at least test the waters for this kind of a group. I'm not really trying to spread myself too thin, but merely give the folks in the Boxbreakers group an option and if we can fill in a few others that haven't been involved before...even better. I honestly don't mean to march onto this site and take over...I';ve just found it a nice option that will allow us to discuss the possibilities of a group break idea out in the open instead of hiding behind other sites TOS that forbid organizing these breaks. Hope that makes sense. I realize this is a tough sell and response is minimal I'll let it fizzle away but I just didn't see the harm in proposing the idea?

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
1padresfan1
post Jul 13 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #4

Rookie
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 7

eBay: 21chargers21

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jul 13 2008, 08:40 AM)
Boxbreakers have been doing group breaks for the last 6 months and have had some great breaks throughout that time (check out my Gallery for some pics or PM me for the website where we have links to all past breaks). The last few months I have had alot of requests from people to get more high-end products in the mix which I do sprinkle in but I don't want to price out alot of people who may not be able to swing the extra cash if the price goes up too much.

The solution - how about creation of a high-end only group to bust Exquisite products each month. Rather than form a group for each sport I thought I'd try a Multi-Sport group and cap it at 15 participants (if we can get that many) so each person gets two teams (one chosen and one drafted) in each sport including Football, Basketball, and Baseball). That's 6 teams total for each participant and you get everything pulled from your teams from among 5 boxes broken that month. Product list appears further below). It's not called a High-Rollers group for nothing as the cost of these 5 boxes of Exquisite would be high ($140 per person including all fees) but the payoff of having 6 teams and 5 boxes of the highest end product out there would (or could) be great. All breaks would be done via Youtube so you could see the actual breaks. Here's how I propose we work the team assignments...

Each participant will list TWO teams (one team from any two of the 3 sports) that they want to claim. When we get 15 participants with two sports teams claimed we then hold a draft (order determined by random drawing) live on these boards for the 3rd team (which would be chosen from whichever sport you have not yet claimed). This allows for some some good teams to be available as nobody can corner a market of good teams by getting to pick in all 3 sports from the start. The extra free teams in each sport would be assigned by random drawing. That fills 30 teams and the final 2 teams in FB would be handed out as they're pulled by yet another random drawing.

So...that's the format. I completely understand that with the $140 cost as high as it is we may have a struggle to fill these spots but we won't know unless we try. Since this will be a multi-sport group I will post this is in all 3 sports marketplace forum but will keep each one updated with any updates. Here is the proposed product list and includes one box from each product;

2007-08 Exquisite Basketball Box
2006-06 Exquisite Basketball Box
2007 Exquisite Football Box
2006 Exquisite Football Box
2007 Exquisite Baseball Box

Just to get things started...I'll go first. Remember I need you to list one team from each of two sports (not all 3) as your initially claimed teams...

Slot 1 - Crpalmi - Vikings and Bulls
Slot 2 - 1padresfan1-- Chargers and Yankees
Slot 3 -
Slot 4 -
Slot 5 -
Slot 6 -
Slot 7 -
Slot 8 -
Slot 9 -
Slot 10-
Slot 11-
Slot 12-
Slot 13-
Slot 14-
Slot 15-

Please remember the cost is $140 before you decide to sign-up as I want people to be realistic if this group is right for them...but if so please either PM me or just respond to this thread. I will only be buying sealed cases for this break so would like to run this for 3 months so I don't get stuck with extra boxes but you are not required to commit to the group for any longer than you wish. However, if you do participate this month and decide to stick with the group the next month, you get to retain your choice of two of the 3 teams that you have for this month. I hope all that makes sense but feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

LOOKING FOR NICK HUNDLEY BOWMAN CHROME RC's BLUE, GOLD, RED Refractors

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff55/sbft2936/

user posted image

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 13 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #5

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Participants added ... one third of the way there!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 13 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #6

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Coltsfan27 added to the list...

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 14 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #7

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Lots of great teams left as only Yankees, Cubs, and Phillies have been claimed with only 6 spots left to fill.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 14 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #8

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Down to 5 spots left!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 14 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #9

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Added Chaddude (Blsiowa) with the Red Sox and Bears.

4 slots left!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jul 14 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #10

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

We have consolidated our threads from each sport into one that has been moved to the Box Breaks Forum so please do not respond to this thread anymore.

Thanks - Chris

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 02:18 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us