Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> Congratulations President Obama, ....and your administration!!!

kooljazz1966
post Jan 20 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #1

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Kenneth
Transactions: 241
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: kooljazz1966

Awards:
Rookie of the Year - 2006, Best Member Profile - 2006, 2016 TCC Fantasy BB League Champion

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Mr. President, as I reflect on the state of the economy and world affairs I pause a brief moment in this surreal and historic moment in time.
A man's word or integrity is all that really matters today. You have overcome much vitriolic adversity. Your views are in contrast to many who make up the old guard far right of yesterday. I applaud your efforts to bring people and factions together under a common goal, the betterment of this nation with emphasis of having no one individual left behind. Your "rehetoric" sounds too heavenly for some people to comprehend but I believe those that have true good in their heart and a tentative ear to listen to truths that are self evident must admit that anything is achieveable through hardwork and faith given a fair playing field and opportunity.

Sir, I am not a doom and gloom kinda a guy. The glass is half full for me, not half empty. I see grand opportunities for this nation and individually to step up and do our part to make a difference. I believe one pebble in the pond can make a ripple but a nation focused as one and not divided on ideology can create a Tsunami not witnessed by the world ever before! This is your moment, your time. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer Sir wink.gif . As with all Presidents in the past, you understand and profess the road ahead will not be easy. From my miniscule experiences I must agree that no noble undertaking or task is easy. So again, I will pray for you like I have always prayed for previous Presidents and World leaders to be given the wisdom to guide their people to prosperity, tolerance, and tranquility.

I will pray that we all find commonality amongst ourselves as opposed to finding things to keep divides amongst us. We reflect on history and the past in order to find lessons learned be them good, bad, or indifferent. Mr. President, if I could be a bit forward and take the liberty to reinforce a bit of advice you are likely far too aware of; always trust the best assets you have. Those assets are your five senses ( Feeling, Seeing, Smelling, Tasting and Hearing), always trust them because they will never lie to you nor let you down.

Peace and God Bless!

-Kjazzzzzzzzz

I Collect mid-high end sportcards, RCs, HOFer Autos

Real Time Hits as I pull them , etc...

The Vault...Enter at your own risk!!

Can a brother get a little Mojo?!!.....Just a li'l bit!!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
pspstatus
post Jan 21 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #2

Malarkyologist
Group Icon

First Name: Aaron
Transactions: 104

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I wish Obama could read a copy of your postive words. Very nice Ken.

I collect rookie cards. Please check my list to see if you have anything I need.

I am looking for Don Mattingly cards that I don't have. Base, Inserts, Patches, maybe GU or Autos.

My Bucket
Baseball Rookie Wantlist
Football Rookie Wantlist

Self Portrait
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
cdoyal
post Jan 21 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #3

I'm tired of "Hope and Change"
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 94

eBay: rcdoyal

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Sorry guys, I can't join the warm fuzzy thread here. Congratulations on what? Fooling 57-some million people into thinking you have good ideas? I hope he doesn't deliver on any of his promises. I've yet to see the government do anything well and Obama just promises more of it. That doom and gloom speech yesterday followed by the market dropping is not encouraging. I am not hopeful for his presidency so I'll not pretend to be just to jump on the sweetness and light bandwagon. If I see positive moves by him, then I'll be more supportive. Until then, I'll be realistic.

All this emotion surrounding this time is confusing to me. We elected a president based on emotion and feelings rather than issues. That truly saddens me. No one talks about what this hope and optimism is based on in terms of policy. I know, I know, the world will love us again, a "smart" guy is in the white house (just how smart are these cabinet picks?), etc. I am not bitter or angry - I'm just sad. But I am optimistic because emotion is short lived and sooner or later, it will wear off and then the new administration will be held accountable for their actions - not just their words.

I certainly don't want to rain on anyone's parade though so continue to celebrate! Enjoy the "hope" and "change", whatever that may be. smile.gif

My Bucket

I'm collecting Drew Brees, Kyle Orton, Anthony Spencer, and Dustin Keller
user posted image

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
ffman
post Jan 21 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #4

Merry Christmas!
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Cody
Transactions: 147

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Wow. Give the man a chance.

QUOTE(cdoyal @ Jan 21 2009, 11:16 AM)
Sorry guys, I can't join the warm fuzzy thread here. Congratulations on what? Fooling 57-some million people into thinking you have good ideas? I hope he doesn't deliver on any of his promises. I've yet to see the government do anything well and Obama just promises more of it. That doom and gloom speech yesterday followed by the market dropping is not encouraging.  I am not hopeful for his presidency so I'll not pretend to be just to jump on the sweetness and light bandwagon. If I see positive moves by him, then I'll be more supportive. Until then, I'll be realistic.

All this emotion surrounding this time is confusing to me. We elected a president based on emotion and feelings rather than issues. That truly saddens me.  No one talks about what this hope and optimism is based on in terms of policy. I know, I know, the world will love us again, a "smart" guy is in the white house (just how smart are these cabinet picks?), etc. I am not bitter or angry - I'm just sad. But I am optimistic because emotion is short lived and sooner or later, it will wear off and then the new administration will be held accountable for their actions - not just their words.

I certainly don't want to rain on anyone's parade though so continue to celebrate! Enjoy the "hope" and "change", whatever that may be.  smile.gif

Collector Zone Team
user posted image
RIP Daze_fan l RIP Steve McNair l RIP Chris Henry l RIP tazmocan
Collecting: Mickey Mantle, Tennessee Titans, 2006 Vince Young

My new trade page:

ffman's Cards for Trade

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
cdoyal
post Jan 21 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(ffman @ Jan 21 2009, 12:24 PM)
Wow.  Give the man a chance.

I don't seem to remember the left wanting to give Bush a chance in 2000 because he "stole the election".

I guess I have to modify a statement in my post. I am bitter about one thing - the way Bush was treated by the left and the media for eight years. Many people won't ever forget that so don't expect everyone to immediately and blindly support Obama now.

My Bucket

user posted image

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
stlbaseball15
post Jan 21 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #6

Popvlorvm Romae svm Tribvnvm.
Group Icon

First Name: Logan
Transactions: 35

eBay: stlbaseball77

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(cdoyal @ Jan 21 2009, 11:32 AM)
I don't seem to remember the left wanting to give Bush a chance in 2000 because he "stole the election".

I guess I have to modify a statement in my post. I am bitter about one thing - the way Bush was treated by the left and the media for eight years. Many people won't ever forget that so don't expect everyone to immediately and blindly support Obama now.

What about his 90% approval ratings after 9/11?

And you say you dont want to rain on anybody's parade right after doing so for two paragraphs. Youre just a walking logical error lately.

And you "hope he doesn't deliver on any of his promises?" Are you kidding? You are actually so bitter after the election that you wish failure on the winner, even though his failure is directly related to the failure of the people and the nation? Come off it.

FIAT IVSTICA, RVAT CAELVM.
user posted image

CDXX

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
cdoyal
post Jan 21 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(stlbaseball15 @ Jan 21 2009, 02:37 PM)
What about his 90% approval ratings after 9/11?

And you say you dont want to rain on anybody's parade right after doing so for two paragraphs. Youre just a walking logical error lately.

And you "hope he doesn't deliver on any of his promises?" Are you kidding? You are actually so bitter after the election that you wish failure on the winner, even though his failure is directly related to the failure of the people and the nation? Come off it.

If you hadn't been sleeping in reading class, you'd understand that I want his policies to fail - not him.

My Bucket

user posted image

NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
stlbaseball15
post Jan 21 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #8

Popvlorvm Romae svm Tribvnvm.
Group Icon

First Name: Logan
Transactions: 35

eBay: stlbaseball77

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(cdoyal @ Jan 21 2009, 01:57 PM)
If you hadn't been sleeping in reading class, you'd understand that I want his policies to fail - not him.

Please explain to me how that is any different. A policy failure is a personal failure when your at the highest position. He has everything riding on his policies, his reputation, his legacy.

While Bush was president, I didnt like him or his policies or his actions. He might have been a failure, but I sure didnt wish him to. He is the President. If he fails, so do we.

FIAT IVSTICA, RVAT CAELVM.
user posted image

CDXX

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
jkseb1972
post Jan 21 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #9

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Joe
Transactions: 18

eBay: jandkseb

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(stlbaseball15 @ Jan 21 2009, 04:04 PM)
Please explain to me how that is any different. A policy failure is a personal failure when your at the highest position. He has everything riding on his policies, his reputation, his legacy.

While Bush was president, I didnt like him or his policies or his actions. He might have been a failure, but I sure didnt wish him to. He is the President. If he fails, so do we.

bush wasn't a failure, after 9/11, he got tunnel vision and was bent on keeping us safe and stomping out terrorism, all the while being mislead with faulty intelligence. for the last year or so, things have been going well with the exception of the economy, and that can't be pinned on him. he was deffinately not the greatest president we have ever had, not even in the to 10 or 20. but he wasn't a failure.

outdated bucket with pics

outdated bucket

My PSA set registry

http://www.psacard.com/set%5Fregistry/disp...ed=0&override=1

user posted image

"It is human nature that when one is given a little authority he will eventually begin to exercise unrightous dominion"

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
kooljazz1966   Congratulations President Obama   Jan 20 2009, 08:49 PM
JDFoxTrot79   nice composition Ken. Class act, you are.   Jan 20 2009, 08:51 PM
txrangers05   i'm already for ken 016! that would be saw...   Jan 20 2009, 08:54 PM
RGBII   [b]Well written and well put Let us [u]one and al...   Jan 20 2009, 08:59 PM
2000 rushing yards   Amazing post Ken while we all may have our politic...   Jan 20 2009, 09:02 PM
vicsten   Well written Ken. Your pride and hope for us all s...   Jan 20 2009, 10:28 PM
jkseb1972   like every president before him, i salute him and ...   Jan 20 2009, 10:34 PM
kooljazz1966   The infamous but...only a matter of time before i...   Jan 20 2009, 11:02 PM
jkseb1972   there was nothing ugly or derogitory about my st...   Jan 20 2009, 11:05 PM
kooljazz1966   True you didn't curse or "Cuss"....   Jan 20 2009, 11:16 PM
jkseb1972   in this case though, the game hasn't even s...   Jan 20 2009, 11:18 PM
kooljazz1966   If I ever argue there will be no doubt Sir. :) ...   Jan 20 2009, 11:20 PM
JDFoxTrot79   Dude chill, you are taking this way too harshly   Jan 20 2009, 11:22 PM
jkseb1972   how so?   Jan 20 2009, 11:23 PM
kooljazz1966   ChopinAlex, Bob, RGBII, Cdoyal....Please Help...   Jan 20 2009, 11:26 PM
jkseb1972   i don't understand this sometimes. you try to ...   Jan 20 2009, 11:28 PM
kooljazz1966   Joe, You are kool with me.. Just having a bit of...   Jan 20 2009, 11:34 PM
ffman   Congrats to Mr. President Obama and I hope he can ...   Jan 20 2009, 11:46 PM
jaderock   Congrats to Obama. It is a true historical moment ...   Jan 21 2009, 12:17 AM
ffman   Wow. Give the man a chance.   Jan 21 2009, 12:24 PM
ffman   You don't have to "support" Obama. ...   Jan 21 2009, 12:50 PM
cdoyal   He hasn't done anything wrong yet, just prom...   Jan 21 2009, 01:22 PM
ffman   Many, including me, view closing GITMO as a good t...   Jan 21 2009, 01:28 PM
cdoyal   The "controversies" were with a few se...   Jan 21 2009, 01:50 PM
xebulba   funny coming from a bush-mccain man.   Jan 21 2009, 02:25 PM
cdoyal   Help me understand your point. FYI - I was NEVE...   Jan 21 2009, 02:30 PM
jkseb1972   funny comming from an Obama man..   Jan 21 2009, 09:08 PM
cdoyal   If you don't study and fail a test by puttin...   Jan 21 2009, 03:21 PM
ffman   Wouldn't you guess that if the President, the ...   Jan 21 2009, 03:44 PM
cdoyal   I thought I had made this clear but apparently I...   Jan 21 2009, 03:58 PM
stlbaseball15   So you judge success purely on ideological ground...   Jan 21 2009, 05:55 PM
cdoyal   I have no idea how you come to that conclusion. ...   Jan 21 2009, 06:09 PM
stlbaseball15   You describe two possible definitions of success,...   Jan 21 2009, 09:36 PM
kooljazz1966   The Intelligence was not faultyafter 9/11. He sti...   Jan 21 2009, 09:34 PM
jkseb1972   agreed, mostly. but the WMD intel was quite dif...   Jan 21 2009, 09:43 PM
stlbaseball15   This is the Political forum. I dont think there i...   Jan 21 2009, 09:38 PM
RGBII   [b]Well, you've not only rained on the parade...   Jan 21 2009, 07:50 PM
chopinalex   CONGRATS Obama!!!!!!...   Jan 21 2009, 09:50 PM
kooljazz1966   Your Avatar and sig is killing me..Put a Beard on...   Jan 24 2009, 12:14 PM
stlbaseball15   The scent of Barry Gibb's facial hair is into...   Jan 24 2009, 02:49 PM
kooljazz1966   I get first dibbs on naming conventions!...   Jan 24 2009, 08:09 PM
kooljazz1966   I've been tweaking my resume and pimping it to...   Jan 21 2009, 04:12 PM
cdoyal   Good Luck! Be confident in your abilities an...   Jan 21 2009, 04:34 PM
jkseb1972   on a side note, wake forest just went down at home...   Jan 21 2009, 09:15 PM
jkseb1972   ..and although i didn't vote for Obama (not a ...   Jan 21 2009, 09:50 PM
Ilovetheheat   Four more years... Congrats Mr.President. The Am...   Nov 15 2012, 05:10 PM
kooljazz1966   This last Presidential election cycle has been n...   Jan 14 2013, 10:55 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 15th March 2024 - 12:38 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us