Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> We need suggestions!!

mjda
post Apr 28 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #61

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Mike
Transactions: 268
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
May 2009 Member of The Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Let me give you some information, including some stats from Google Analytics data. This data is from the last 30 days.

/forums/index.php received 11,132 unique page views. That means, 11,132 different people viewed that page within the last 30 days.

/index.php received 7,657 unique page views.

That means that for every 4 people that view the forum home page, there are almost 3 people viewing the main home page. I would hardly consider that to be a small number.

Here's another bit of information for you. Out of the top 20 pages viewed (uniques) on TCC, overall, 11 of those pages have nothing to do with the forums.

Taking the total number of unique page views from those same top 20 pages viewed, we also get these statistics. The forum pages received a total of 21,420 unique page views, while those "other pages" received a total of 27,366 unique page views.

Looking at these stats, I would say that TCC's "other pages" are absolutely just as important as, if not more so than, the forums.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of these other pages, including the home page, these stats cannot be argued with. It is clear that a LOT of people look at the home page every month.

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is online!PMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zimbow
post Apr 28 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #62

I need a vacation
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 216

eBay: centralfalc1616

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Noticed when I'm at work and our computers had just been wiped clean of memory. I got on TCC using tradingcardcentral.com. Everytime I use that link it automatically brings me to home page, then I have to navigate to the forums. Its not just 9/10 times, its 10/10 times I view homepage first.

Bob.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
mjda
post May 3 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #63

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Are any of the suggestions that were mentioned here being talked about, thrown out, or worked on?

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
NYStateOfMind1976
post May 7 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #64

It is what it is...
Group Icon

First Name: Adam
Transactions: 339

eBay: adam_the_game

Awards:
February 2010 Pack Pull of the Month, September 2009 Pack Pull of the Month, 2009 TCC Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Here is an update from me I thought might be considered interesting.

So for years now, when I was part of the team and even now as busy guy, I have always tried to promote TCC. Team members can look back in the threads and find all the pushing,. I spread the word at shows, the fliers, my Ebay etc.. Even did some stuff on social networking sites. I say all that to mention this...

Five people I met and talked to about TCC decided to come and check out the site based on me selling it as a family environment, the quality traders here etc...

My feedback from the folks:

All five went to the main page first (As most people do) and 4 said, "do they still do MOM there?, Why is the splash pages year old?, Why have reviews for products a decade old? January 2011 really?The other just said, WOW that looks way to "busy" to keep updated"

Three guys turned around and left arguing that if they can't keep the main page current then what can I expect inside

One guy ventured in a bit and looked at the trading sections and said it was not active enough for his taste.

the other guy said he might sign up just based on my opinion.

The overriding comment is that there are so many options out there why should I give it a try. Basically saying, it might be great but it was all about first impressions to them.

I just wanted you to know what some of the first timers are saying. these are passionate collectors who love the hobby.

Is being a team member a hard job? Sure it absolutely takes time. I was a volunteer and did it but had to relinquish because of other priorities. So I am not saying you guys aren't trying. But the facts are the facts.

Now if everyone is happy with the way it is and wants to keep it this way and that is the popular decision then fine but I just want to throw it all out there.

Everyone talks about druming activity back up and I agree that would be great but if you want to then some changes need to happen.

Current members:
Incentitive either through contest or whatever? I will try and drum a contest myself.

Email blast about things going on around TCC. Everyone plugged an email in so use it.

Maybe a simple monthly newletter. It can be canned or scripted to update.
Stuff like:

Look who is trading? XXXXXXXX
Did you see who added some sweet stuff to their PC this month? XXXXXXX
Did you hear? Check out this hoby news...XXXXXXXX

Here is a good site that helps you script it
newletter script

New member:

Active members ask to put up flier like the one I did in my B&M. Ask the shops to come and check it out.

Add it to your EBAY sigs if you care.

Facebook about it. I have been posting in social media on sites like UD, Panini, Topps etc where collectors go to get info. Heck tweet about stuff going on here.

Please please.. if you cannot update the main page go in the code and remove the box break link and delete the MOM splash. Les it better if what is there is very old. First impressions are key and ours is not good.

Attached is my draft shot of a more current TCC main page:
More current two column format.
Less is more.
Just a starting point. Not nearly done just a brainstorm session.

In the forums slide the trading section up. Should be a focal point and not have to scoll to it IMHO. That is just a flipping inside the rule set.

I will try and build a base idea of a forum site either in photoshop or maybe on a free hosting site to test out some ideas when I have time. I will call it like Adams site or something goofy to get a blueprint.

My thought here is like I have in my professional and personal life. Just because it has always been that doesn't mean that is how it should be now.
Be creative. Don't sit on it and knock it out.

"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties." -- Harry Truman

That is all I have for now. Take it or leave it. I will get more ideas soon as i can squeeze it in.

Adam

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

user posted image

I am hunting for the following:(Gu/Au)
- NYY: Jeter, Mattingly, vintage and HOF Yankees
-If you know me anything is possible but you have to know the secret stuff I will bite on.

User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Tarasadie17
post May 7 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #65

Off spending time with this cutie
Group Icon

First Name: Michael
Transactions: 325

Awards:
July 2009 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great post Adam, some real good input...

"Baseball players will take anything. If you had a pill that would guarantee a pitcher 20 wins but might take five years off his life, he'd take it" MLB pitcher Jim Bouton about drug use in the Major Leagues... quoted in 1969.

I vow to no longer purchase any product that features sticker autographs...
If your user name is this color I'm afraid I'll have to pass on any proposed transactions at this time.
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
msw_sportscards
post May 8 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #66

Collect Hard!!! RIP RGBII
Group Icon

First Name: Marc
Transactions: 84

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Adam,

Great post. I like the email blast idea. I have a members area on my box break site and after my Bowman release break is over next weekend, I will be sending an email blast(it'll take a simple click since there's a button for that biggrin.gif ) to everyone who has become a member of that site. I mentioned TCC numerous times during our A&G break last night as well.

+Quote Post
NYStateOfMind1976
post May 15 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #67

It is what it is...
Group Icon

Awards:
February 2010 Pack Pull of the Month, September 2009 Pack Pull of the Month, 2009 TCC Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(msw_sportscards @ May 8 2012, 01:43 AM)
Adam,

Great post. I like the email blast idea. I have a members area on my box break site and after my Bowman release break is over next weekend, I will be sending an email blast(it'll take a simple click since there's a button for that biggrin.gif ) to everyone who has become a member of that site. I mentioned TCC numerous times during our A&G break last night as well.

Nice. How did the email blast go? Any feedback?

user posted image

-If you know me anything is possible but you have to know the secret stuff I will bite on.

Profile Card
+Quote Post
NYStateOfMind1976
post May 15 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #68

It is what it is...
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Really roughly done but maybe something like this?

user posted image

user posted image

Profile Card
+Quote Post
Tarasadie17
post May 15 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I can't tell you how much I hate it when I come to the homepage and the recent topics are nothing but box break transactions... total turn off....

"Baseball players will take anything. If you had a pill that would guarantee a pitcher 20 wins but might take five years off his life, he'd take it" MLB pitcher Jim Bouton about drug use in the Major Leagues... quoted in 1969.

If your user name is this color I'm afraid I'll have to pass on any proposed transactions at this time.
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
mjda
post May 16 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #70

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ May 15 2012, 11:43 PM)
I can't tell you how much I hate it when I come to the homepage and the recent topics are nothing but box break transactions... total turn off....

Maybe someone with the power to do so, can remove the group break sub-forums from the recent topic search. It would be my bet that it can be done with the click of a button from within the admin control panel.

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
redwing40
post May 16 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #71

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Can we just move the Hockey box Breaks and Hockey News to one section, along with Contest related to Hockey, and assign one MOD to handle it and maybe add extra help to update sport news, Box Breaks, Trades so forth with all sports sections, I would enjoy to click on Hockey and everything I need to know is there!

I will volunteer to make post on NHL News, trades, playoff stats and offer other topic's on Hockey on one section!

Think this will break down everything on the Home page as Just Box Break Central

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
redwing40
post May 16 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #72

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(redwing40 @ May 16 2012, 05:11 PM)
Can we just move the Hockey box Breaks and Hockey News to one section, along with Contest related to Hockey, and assign one MOD to handle it and maybe add extra help to update sport news, Box Breaks, Trades so forth with all sports sections, I would enjoy to click on Hockey and everything I need to know is there!

I will volunteer to make post on NHL News, trades, playoff stats and offer other topic's on Hockey on one section!

Think this will break down everything on the Home page as Just Box Break Central

Just a suggestion, from me that is, or we can just talk more about it and not make changes, all talk, no action, reminds me of a 70s Elvis tune, come on, the site is not that bad, I'm on 4 other trading card sites, but yet, I call this home, just to many sites kicking around now, new ones popping up, just hard to keep up, change is good!

Or just tell me to shut up already, Lol! Since my opinion don't count since I'm fairly new!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Tarasadie17
post May 16 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #73

Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(redwing40 @ May 16 2012, 03:49 PM)
Or just tell me to shut up already, Lol! Since my opinion don't count since I'm fairly new!

Over a year plus 1000+ posts doesn't make someone "new"... I like your suggestions... wink.gif

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
drocksthaparty
post May 16 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #74

drocksthaparty
Group Icon

First Name: Damond
Transactions: 732

eBay: drocksthaparty

Awards:
Trader of the Month - May '08

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I have been a member here for a little while, and to be honest, I don't think people are on here trading anymore like they were a few years ago, because it is not updated. The front page has said the member of the month was Osmond like from January of 2011. If I was a new member, I would leave, since it is 2012 and May. Someone should just delete it, I mean it looks like there hasn't been someone on the site since January of 2011.

JUST SAYING?

http://s715.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true

user posted image

STEVIE JOHNSON AUTOS/RC's
Star Rookies for my son's collection
All HOF rookies for my son
Lebron and Kobe RC's, GU and Autos

NFL Team:
+Quote Post
NYStateOfMind1976
post May 17 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #75

It is what it is...
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

CZT, thoughts?

Can you let us know what, if anything is being done with concerns or is it to swamped currently keeping up with regualr tasks?

Love to hear thoughts?

user posted image

Profile Card
+Quote Post
bajmurray
post May 19 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #76

bajmurray
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 423

eBay: bajmurray

Awards:
2009 ROY - Newcomer December 2009 TCC Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

The team is working on the Home Page issue.

Unfortunately, it is not as easy as it seems.

Stay tuned!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

HOF GU/AUTO Collection status:
Baseball 116 ~ Football 153 ~ Hockey 113

Please check out my ebay store: Murray's Sports Collectibles.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Murrays-Sports...s__W0QQ_armrsZ1

NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
mjda
post May 19 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #77

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bajmurray @ May 19 2012, 12:31 PM)

Isn't it just a single file that needs updating?

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Tarasadie17
post May 19 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #78

Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(mjda @ May 19 2012, 11:05 AM)
Isn't it just a single file that needs updating?

It isn't quite that simple. Trust me, the team is working to make this happen. Hopefully we will see some changes in place come June....

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
redwing40
post May 19 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #79

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bajmurray @ May 19 2012, 01:31 PM)

Stay tuned!

Thanks Brian for the updates! Probably not easy, but gald you guys are working on it! wink.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
mjda
post May 19 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #80

TP9 Collector
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ May 19 2012, 03:04 PM)
It isn't quite that simple.

I guess what I should have said is, "it is just a single file that needs updating". I know that because I'm the last one who updated it. wink.gif

Unless they are having problems logging in to the server, that's all that needs to be done. If they no longer have access to the server then this entire thread is pretty useless until Bob makes an appearance, or at least gets in touch with Richard (or another member of the team) and gives them the new login details.

Collect Hard! -RGBII

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th April 2024 - 10:53 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us