Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

gosox55's Blog
White Sox Collecting
Filter by Category:

2 Pages < 1 2 
Entries on Sunday 16th August 2009

entry Aug 16 2009, 01:43 PM
Here's my latest find on sportlots.
Got it for 7$.

user posted image
1955 Bowman 1 Hoyt Wilhelm

My 55 Bowmans now stand 184/320

entry Aug 16 2009, 01:43 PM
Picked up 2 Autos and 4 Gu at the local card show with another 21 base insert Sox cards, pretty good for recent show around here.

here's the GU-Autos

user posted image

I really like the Fisk and Baines.

| Category: Misc
entry Aug 16 2009, 08:56 AM
Here's some that I've had the fortune to acquire:
user posted image

1956 Topps Luis Aparicio (got it for 35$ delivered)

user posted image

1990 Topps Debut Promo Alex Fernandez (3$ on eBay. It was given out at the golden spike award dinner in NYC most likely hand cut from a single sheet)

user posted image

1959 Bazooka Fox (3$ on ebay - an antique dealer in Michigan didn't know what he/she had for they did not put Fox or Bazooka in the auction title or description. I sure was nervous and tense until the auction was over but did the happy sox fan dance when I won. Best deal I've ever had)

user posted image

1951 Bowman Fox (His rookie card - enough said)

user posted image

1977 Sertoma Stars Fox (harder to find than you might think)

user posted image

1996 Illinois Lottery Ticket Carlton Fisk (I think most were thrown away. It took me five years to find on eBay)

user posted image

1967 Tommy John (the last card in the set and hard to find at a affordable cost)

and

last but not least
user posted image

2001 Donruss Classics Legendary Lumberjacks LL4 Nellie Fox
(I like this card a lot. It's my favorite Fox card.)

Entries on Wednesday 4th March 2009

entry Mar 4 2009, 06:53 PM
I guess everybody has some “white whales”. Cards you probably will never get but really want:

Here’s five of mine (no glitter and gloss, patches and pants I'm afraid)

user posted image

1954 Wilson Franks Nellie Fox (out of my cost range, I’m afraid but it would top the list. I remember seeing the Wilson Franks packages as a kid - yeah I’m a old codger)
user posted image

2007 Topps Wal Mart Variation 292 Josh Fields (probably rarer than the Wilson Franks but not as expensive but still pretty much out of reach for my budget)

user posted image

1990 Topps 414a Frank Thomas (no name on front) (ditto the Wilson Franks as to cost)

user posted image

1953 Dixie Lids Nellie Fox (I also remember seeing these as a kid. Also quite expensive for a good copy.)

and here's one more:

user posted image

1963 Topps 537 Al Weis. It's one of those four on one rookie cards
and there seems to be a fella named Rose on it. Enough said.

entry Mar 4 2009, 05:03 PM
I've updated my web site and added GU and Auto cards from my Sox collection. Not near as many as most but I don't specialize in them but add them as I find them.

Also added a page with links to some great card sites on the net.

Just put a page with links to some oddball sets 4 now maybe moe later

entry Mar 4 2009, 05:03 PM
I'm in Album 24 out of 29 getting my collection scanned. Big job, i'm working on 2004 and I'm up to 1500 + scans (9 to 1 card a scan). If I have space on my free Photobucket I'm going to upload them all.

UPDATE: It's done! the collection is scanned (1744 scans) and uploaded
(31 albums) here's a link (Just click on the album you want to see on the left.)

My White Sox PC

I also scanned my 55 Bowman collection 181/320 (creases and all)

My 1955 Bowman Collection

2 Pages < 1 2 
SMTWTFS

My Picture
User Photo

Lo-Fi Version Time: 29th March 2024 - 05:55 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us