Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Get to know the members

sportscardnut
post May 24 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Veteran
Group Icon

eBay: seastriker2

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I started this thred so everyone here could kind of get to know something about each other. It's kind of neat to see the range of ages that love this hobby.

I will start it off.
My name is Dan and I live in sunny(hurricane riddled south Florida). I am 34 years old with a wife of 12 years. I have 2 daughters that are the love of my life. I've worked for a cable company for 14 years and have managed to work my way up from a part time wharehouse boy to a lead fiber optic/maintenance technician.
I love to go deep sea fishing and scuba diving. Other than my familey I love to collect sports cards and that is why it is hard for me to sell off my collection(my wife and I are adding an addition on to the house). The one good thing about the addition is my wife and I agreed to give me a hobby room for the items I am keeping and will aquire in the future. I have been collecting sports cards since I was 8 years old and luckely my mother never thru anything out when I moved out. So now you know a little bit about me.
cool.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aceecards
post May 24 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

this has been done before but with all the new active.

Im steve 44 years old married to allison for 20+ years two daughter Maddie (dolphin _dreamer) and Mollie who is 7 and so desparatly wanting to post here to..

Ive been collecting since 1968.. have over 2 million cards the bulk being every complete set from 1970--1984 kelloggs, hostess and topps and then later donruss and fleer.

Now I collect High end stuff and am currently working on getting a gu or auto of every hofer from every sport! (you can all help me out with this anytime) laugh.gif

I used to bowl carried a 205+ average until arthritis in my middle finger retired me.. Now I work for a hobby.. sad.gif and am treasurer of a PTA for elementary and PTO for middle school. In two years I will be running for mayor of my community here in st louis county.

I donate a lot of commons and stars to the Mathews dickeys boys club every xmas in hopes that I can keep inner city youths off the street and invoilved in a hobby. card back help promote reading and math or at least it did for me. I refuse all recognition for this but annually it gets published in the post dispatch about the TUBS of cards delivered anonymously to the boys club the first week of december. and I always give a special box of rams, cardinals autos and gu that is too be distrubuted one per child..

The rest of my cards I give away here.. laugh.gif

Just waitll football season and the predict three game we play weekly..

I was a diehard beckett user before one day googling and finding this site.. I have never been back to beckett since!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
sportscardnut
post May 24 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #3

Veteran
Group Icon

eBay: seastriker2

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Now I collect High end stuff and am currently working on getting a gu or auto of every hofer from every sport! (you can all help me out with this anytime)

Check out my photobucket and let me know if you are interested in anything. If you are make me an offer.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
sahetu
post May 24 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #4

aka nerfderfy
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Andrew
Transactions: 115

View Gallery

Create Transaction

nt

"My common sense is tingling..."

The Wax Wombat moniker has been retired. Doesn't seem right anymore,
as I don't own the domain, have that blog, or rip much wax these days.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
SinatraKing
post May 24 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #5

Retired Box Break Host
Group Icon

First Name: Brandon
Transactions: 646

eBay: sinatraking

Awards:
Trader of the Month - Jun. '06

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

My name is Brandon and I am 29, most my friends in SLC Utah call me Biggie cause of my size, the fact that I do Event Security part time, and also that some people think I resemple that famous rapper Big Pun. I am married to my wife Crystal, it will be five years this August, we live in a town home that we purchased, and our two "children" are Sasha a 3 year old German Pointer, and Sherman a 4 year old Wire Hair Fox Terror (Terrier). I work full time processing applications for Life, and Accident insurance at a third party admin for Hospitals across the nation. I work part time for CSC, mainly working a new club in SLC called The Depot, but also working various concerts that come through, and WWE when ever they decide to make us a stop.
Like many of you on here, (with the exception of most of the older generation) I started collecting along with my little bro in the late eighties through the mid nineties, then stopped. This last Fall I went through the old boxes of cards at my Dad's house, and found the decent ones, and on a whim bought a few packs. I pulled some GU, and Auto's, and found TCC. I have learned how much the hobby has changed, and am now back in to the hobby. I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan, Utah Jazz, and Utah Blaze (AFL). I also collect Dale Murphy GU and Auto's, and am searching for a trade for Eric Davis GU or Auto's. That is pretty much me in a nutshell (so to speak).
B-

My card collection has been put on hold, I pick up vintage cards from time to time, but overall I collect Music Memorabilia now. I am an avid Custom Print Guitar Pick collector now, so if you have any, let me know.

Brandon

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post May 25 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #6

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I tend to ramble.

Well "Ramble On" My favorite LZ song.. and cant beat the tolkein references!!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
bufbillsstlcards
post May 25 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #7

And now for something, completely diffferent.
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Aaron
Transactions: 37

OpenChecklist:
bufbillsstlcards

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only and No Posting

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Ace, If you make Mayor, you wont have any time for TCC!!! sad.gif

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
msuwendy
post May 30 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #8

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 2
First Name: Mario
Transactions: 84

eBay: berio1

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hey there!

I'm Mario....27 years old....living in Malaysia. Been collecting cards for about 8 years, mainly basketball stuff. Am a self-proclaimed die-hard Mike Bibby fan and love the Sacramento Kings and the Minnesota Vikings. Also a lifelong Liverpool FC fan (for those of you who follow English Football). At the moment, I run a tuition centre and cater to many underprivileged families who cannot afford to send their kids to private tutors.

In my free time, I love fishing, playing the drums, and try to cater to the needs of an extremely hyperactive silky terrier, a rather moody hedgehog, and about 50 assorted tropical fish.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

Thanks to Iplayfootball_90 for this!:
user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
EB31
post Jun 1 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #9

Pete Rose Collector
Group Icon

Transactions: 3

SportsBuy: 100092

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great topic ...keep 'em coming!! smile.gif

PeteRose.com

My Pete Rose Collection

INCOMING:
Baby - Due Jan. '07

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"I would rather stand alone and be just, than stand with the masses and be corrupt." - J.K '05

Profile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 22nd April 2024 - 06:45 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us