Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

2 Pages  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Where do you sell?

Icrackwax
post Jul 2 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Stan Musial Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Dan
Transactions: 139
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: drenegar-06

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Where do you guys sell cards these days?

It used to be that if I had some cards that I didn't want, I could come here and find a fair buyer. A lot of times I could make a few bucks above eBay and everybody was happy. It was a great marketplace. When TCC started going down in attendance, I tried to move some of my business to SCF. For a few month at SCF, I could find people that would buy for the same price as eBay or maybe a couple of bucks lower.

Well it seems that those times are over. No one buys baseball cards on TCC anymore and all of the people on SCF want to buy for resale, 30% below eBay. That's ridiculous.

So the obvious choice would be eBay, right? Nope. About a month ago I listed twenty or so items on there. Books, movies, cards, etc. Sale prices were decent, but 3 out of the 20 ended up demanding refunds for no real reason. However under the eBay buyer protection, there wasn't anything that I could do other than refund the people and try again. 85% success isn't acceptable when I am not at fault.

With my three main sites no longer available for sales, I don't know where to sell my cards. Does anyone know of other places that pay fair prices? I thought I might try craigslist, but I know that there are a TON of scammers on there.

I'm just wondering where you guys do your card business at.

Bring me your Stan Musial and St. Louis Cardinals!!

Tradelist
Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Jul 2 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 180

eBay: beanschat

SportsBuy: 122015

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:
June 2009 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I and NYMETSJETS have been using Checkoutmycards.com. It seems to be fairly decent. There are no auction options, so you list it and leave it. You can put the price you want, etc..you should check it out. I'm not going to say it's gangbusters...but it seems like a good option over ebay at this point. Actually, i find it fun, and I believe NYMETSJETS is enjoying it as well.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
tyrodsports
post Jul 2 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #3

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Rodney
Transactions: 413

View Gallery

Create Transaction

It really seems that unless you give your stuff away you arent going to be able to sell it. I am very thrifty, but if its that card that I want, there really isnt a need to haggle (although that is a fun part of the selling/buying process). I am thinking of putting up a bunch of stuff on COMC because of Beans-but we will see. So, to answer your question-I currently sell on here and SCF. Havent really messed with EBAY because of the fees, but who knows. There are local card shows that I was thinking of trying my hand at, but dont know if I want to give up an entire day or weekend.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
dualshock
post Jul 2 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

First Name: Dennis
Transactions: 51

View Gallery

Create Transaction

COMC for me. I've been using it for a number of months now.

NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
edgerrin32
post Jul 2 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #5

TCC's mr. talk a lot! :)>
Group Icon

First Name: Jason
Transactions: 37

Awards:
November 2010 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I sell anywhere people have money! lol

I thought about sending a some stuff to COMC and giving it a try. They have a first time seller coupon for $20 credit to load cards on there. I think it comes out to about 85 cards or so! Worth printing if you want to give it a try.

I have also been in the planning stages of starting up a site to sell on. I just don't know much about programing and building the website to do what I want. And I really don't have the money to pay people to do it! But I can tell you if I can get it up and running it will be better then Ebays fees and also better then COMC. I would also offer specials to first time sellers as well as people on here and for referals! Lower fees more features etc. I need a business partner with money lol.

Always looking for Edgerrin James and Javarris James cards I need!

**MY WANTS**
-2007 topps tx superbowl ticket stub auto versions only. Base set of stubs is done!
-2001-2006 topps tix super tix superbowl ticket stub cards and auto version.
-Colts Super Bowl tickets from any Super Bowl they played in. Prefer full tickets but would be open to stubs as well. Only tickets from the Manning ERA!
-A Super Bowl ticket or stub from the AZ Cardinals and Steelers.
-Any full ticket or stub that has Edgerrin James on it!
-Edgerrin James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Javarris James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball type items.
-Any checklist that has Edgerrin or Javarris James name on it!
-Any cards of the actors from Married With Children.
-Ice-T auto- From Razor.
-Some of the Celebrity GU and autos. Mostly famous movie actors I like. Nothing super high end.

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Jul 2 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #6

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Dwight
Transactions: 907

eBay: urbanmonk

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I haven't tried it yet but newer place, a lot of Hockey as they know folks on other board I hang on and kinda started doing word of mouth there, and it's mainly Hockey on that board. But like I said haven't messed around on it yet so maybe other sports up and running too.

Sports Cards Direct

Right now they have a try it for free for 3 months intro special.

TCC's Cousin Itt

Looking for former Oregon State players in NFL, Steven Jackson top priority:

PC Want list for Modano, Have list for my FB PC and Trade lists for FB and HK

Mike Modano count 1,268 different cards out of 4,439 listed on Beckett

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
rafa20440
post Jul 2 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #7

All-Star
Group Icon

First Name: Rafa
Transactions: 44

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I have had luck selling here on TCC and SCF, usually If you put up a nice lot ppl are willing to buy it either here or SCF, they will pay lower than eBay but you end up saving on fees and dealing with more than one buyer. I tend to think about it this way of I have cards that I don't really want I'd rather sell them and get some $ than just having them sit there. And the way the card industry is going unless the cards your selling are super rare they lose value as time passes.

Just my 2 cents.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Jul 2 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #8

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 83

eBay: chopinalex

SportsBuy: 102933

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I have yet to see someone make a profit on COMC. It seems like you can break even and thats it.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
Icrackwax
post Jul 3 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #9

Stan Musial Collector
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I don't know about COMC. I don't feel comfortable with sending my cards to someone else. Maybe I'll try it for selling base and inserts in the future if I get really desperate.

And rafa, I agree with you. I stopped paying attention to the card business for a couple of years and when I came back, the price of almost everything had gone down. Luckily most of my money was spent on Stan Musial cards which are going up and will continue to go up for a while. But stuff like patches and star GU have gone WAY down. It seems like Bowman Chrome is the only thing collectors care about these days.

I posted a few cards on craigslist today and tonight I made my first sale for $45 which is actually above ebay value for the card I sold. I have to go meet the guy to delivery the card tomorrow so hopefully he's an honest person and doesn't try to rip me off.

Tradelist
Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Jul 3 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #10

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Icrackwax @ Jul 2 2012, 11:37 PM)

I posted a few cards on craigslist today and tonight I made my first sale for $45 which is actually above ebay value for the card I sold. I have to go meet the guy to delivery the card tomorrow so hopefully he's an honest person and doesn't try to rip me off.

interesting idea..hopefully you don't get robbed..tell us how the transaction went..

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Jul 3 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #11

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Yeah, not sure where the best place to sell anymore is. It never hurts to list stuff on a card site with the notation that "prices are firm" so if someone wants it they know you will not haggle on the price. I bought a few items on the site Dwight mentioned, but they are in the mail. Got some decent prices, but not sure how the sellers market is as that was the first I had heard of the site. Ebay is to tough with all the fees.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Jul 3 2012, 10:34 PM
Post #12

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Jul 3 2012, 08:15 PM)
Yeah, not sure where the best place to sell anymore is.  It never hurts to list stuff on a card site with the notation that "prices are firm" so if someone wants it they know you will not haggle on the price.  I bought a few items on the site Dwight mentioned, but they are in the mail.  Got some decent prices, but not sure how the sellers market is as that was the first I had heard of the site.  Ebay is to tough with all the fees.

That site went live a couple weeks ago, so it's not reaching large number of folks yet, so time will tell on it. Sportlots and COMC appear to be hard to make any money unless a power seller least from what I can see, but I've only tried Sportlots before and that was with lower end stuff. But overall it is more of a buyers market than a sellers market right now with a few exceptions in certain players or vintage stuff.

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
captkirk42
post Jul 3 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #13

Old School Vintage
Group Icon

First Name: Kirk
Transactions: 228

eBay: captkirk42

OpenChecklist:
klandersen

Awards:
June 2012 Member of the Month

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

That sports Card Direct looks promising. I need to decide about it first. So far it looks like the siimplist to manage that I've seen.

Not sure how they will handle any disputes. I think it was the buyer section mentions they monitor all listings so if they find any counterfeit cards or sellers become "untrustworthy" they will get rid of the sellers (ban them I guess)

Not sure about it yet. I think I'll wait a little maybe do what I've done at other sites and buy stuff from it first before attempting to sell. Not sure. huh.gif

What I Collect
Washington DC area Sports teams and Vintage plus Non-Sport.
user posted image
MY WANT LIST:
Master Want List on Blog

BLOGS & STORES:
TCC BLOG/ CaptKirk42 Card Blog/ Curly W Cards/ CaptKirk42 on COMC/ My Ecrater Store/ My Squidoo.com lense

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is online!PMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
urbanmonk
post Jul 4 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #14

HOF
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Jul 3 2012, 09:49 PM)
That sports Card Direct looks promising. I need to decide about it first. So far it looks like the siimplist to manage that I've seen.

Not sure how they will handle any disputes. I think it was the buyer section mentions they monitor all listings so if they find any counterfeit cards or sellers become "untrustworthy" they will get rid of the sellers (ban them I guess)

Not sure about it yet. I think I'll wait a little maybe do what I've done at other sites and buy stuff from it first before attempting to sell. Not sure.  huh.gif

They do have the 3 month free trial for sellers intro special since they new, and doesn't cost to be a buyer. So yeah either start out small to try it selling or just buy for now. I haven't got around to it yet but will probably give it a try, far as costs go for seller if you sell hardly anything at all it be cheaper than Ebay and their get you twice stuff (still have Paypal fees but none of those final value fee stuff which is based on total which includes shipping cost, as that made no sense to me as you not making anything on shipping or shouldn't be anyway).

TCC's Cousin Itt

user posted image

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Jul 4 2012, 07:24 AM
Post #15

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I use criagslist and have great success, since I only collect Wings its easy to sell to home town folk's, plus there is always dealers looking to buy at ebay price

Down side of it, rip offs, never happened to me as yet cause I meet people at public places or local Police stations in the persons area or mine

I recently sold a lot of doubles I had to a guy that wanted some Wings cards for his sons Birthday, $150 he paid with no problems at all!

Just play it safe when using criagslist

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Icrackwax
post Jul 4 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #16

Stan Musial Collector
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Yeah. I posted a few things on craigslist and so far I have sold three items for $85 total. Not bad considering it only took two days (maybe half an hour of texting/talking) and no shipping or fees. I sold to two different people and both were friendly and easy to deal with.

Maybe it was beginner's luck because it feels too easy but I'm going to keep trying. Definitely better than eBay or SCF so far.

Tradelist
Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
chopinalex
post Jul 5 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #17

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Icrackwax @ Jul 4 2012, 04:30 PM)
Yeah. I posted a few things on craigslist and so far I have sold three items for $85 total. Not bad considering it only took two days (maybe half an hour of texting/talking) and no shipping or fees. I sold to two different people and both were friendly and easy to deal with.

Maybe it was beginner's luck because it feels too easy but I'm going to keep trying. Definitely better than eBay or SCF so far.

so where did you meet them at?

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
Icrackwax
post Jul 5 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #18

Stan Musial Collector
Group Icon

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

The first one I met at Walmart in the parking lot because he worked there and it is a populated place (with A LOT of security cameras). I had another person go with me just in case. The second one I met at my house because I sold a big (in size) item that wasn't card related.

I just sold another card today for $40. I'll be meeting them at Sam's Club (wholesale store owned by Walmart) tomorrow.

Tradelist
Photobucket

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
5toosweet
post Jul 5 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #19

Jeff Bagwell Super Collector
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 1
First Name: Abel
Transactions: 562

eBay: 5toosweet

Awards:
Best Jeff Bagwell Collection Ever!

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I see that the Blowout Cards Forum has lots of traffic so I have been trying to on there.

Whats worked for me in the past is youtube. Make a video of what you have and list all the cards in the description box. Some people use a search engine to do player searches or maybe that one rare card they have been looking for. I have only made 2 sales through a youtube video I made 5 yrs ago.

But im leaning towards youtube again to just get rid of cards I dont need.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

"You must show no mercy.....nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.....for your greatness will silence them all."

Check Out My Cards!!!

Looking for:
1. Jeff Bagwell- HTF 90's base/inserts preferred
2. Vlad Guerrero
3. Paul Goldschmidt

My Facebook

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sahetu
post Jul 9 2012, 09:20 AM
Post #20

aka nerfderfy
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Andrew
Transactions: 115

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm still holding on to eBay. I've started a store there and have begun listing tobacco cards, gaming miniatures, antiques, collectibles. I've used that site since it's inception, so I don't think I'll leave as long as it contributes to my meager income.

"My common sense is tingling..."

The Wax Wombat moniker has been retired. Doesn't seem right anymore,
as I don't own the domain, have that blog, or rip much wax these days.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th April 2024 - 10:52 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us