Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > »  
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Boxbreakers January High End FB Group Break, Break is complete.

crpalmi
post Jan 12 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #21

Crpalmi
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 2348
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: Tcben2002

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Hey guys, corny or not I do consider the TCC community and even more to an extant the Boxbreakers group to be a bit of a family. A family that is quick to rally around one of their own that has fallen on hard times or a difficult situation. I am asking for you to consider doing that in the case of Brandon.

EMTinHawaii (Brandon) has been in our group breaks for the last 6 months or so mainly in the Casebreakers group (however I'm posting this in each of my group threads just to pass the word). He is a great guy just like so many of you in our group which makes it hard to post this news but I just received this from his wife today;

My name is Tammy and I am Brandon's wife. I am so sorry to only be telling you this now but Brandon was in a horrific car accident. He is conscious but was in a coma for about 3 weeks. The day he got into the accident was the day he was on his way to the post office to mail you the money for his breaks. As soon as he woke up the first thing that was on his mind was that to get in touch with you and to tell you that he is very sorry and that he will be sending the money for the breaks. He is so worried about losing his spot with the Broncos! Can you please send me a total and your address so I can send you the money to keep his spots. This is the only thing that is keeping him talking as he loves doing your breaks and is so worried about losing his teams. Thank you for your understanding and in the mean time I will be keeping Brandon posted on the breaks. Thank You, Tammy
After sending her our best wishes for Brandon's quick recovery Tammy sent this in response and assured me it would be OK to post news of Brandon's accident in our thread;

Brandon was hit by a drunk driver in the middle of the day! The one thing that we are very happy about is that our son was not in the car at the time! If something were to happen to his son I think Brandon would not make it. His son means everything to Brandon. And yes I don't mind if you tell the people in your break about what happened to Brandon. But can I please ask you a favor? If you tell people what happened can you please make sure to mention about drinking and driving and the consequences that can occur when people are not responsible. I would do anything to keep Brandon in the break because it is something that makes him happy and something he looks forward to watching.

I'm not a soapbox kind of guy but when good people are put in a bad situation because of a drunk driver it's time to speak out. I was also touched that the breaks are something that Brandon looks forward to and can create a bit of an escape from his current situation so for that I am grateful.

Sorry I know this is a long read but getting back to the "family" feel that we have here with our groups, I want to encourage you to keep Brandon and his family in your thoughts, and if you are able to take it a step further and would be willing to send him a few freebies to help cheer him up... nothing says we care about you more than a mailbox full of bubble mailers! He collects Bucs and Broncos so I plan on sending off just a little care package so he has something to brighten his day and I hope you'll consider doing the same. Just PM me if you can help and I'll PM you his address. Thanks either way for taking the time to read!

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Redleader
post Jan 14 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #22

Rookie
Group Icon

Transactions: 13

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm in for the Saints.
Payment sent. You should get it by 1/20
Thanks

Looking for:
Mike Trout - rookie card HITS for the Angels.
For my PC.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 15 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #23

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I wanted to provide an update on Brandon as I emailed his wife asking about any particular players that he might collect that we could focus on for some freebies and she just got back to me with this update;

First of all I would like to thank you and everyone that are giving Brandon Their prayers! I have some very bad news. Brandon fell back into a coma for the second time. The swelling on his brain is building back up and the doctors have to take him back to surgery to relieve the pressure in his brain. He started had more internal bleeding and they also need to fix that. The doctors are giving him a 10% chance of making it. But I know Brandon and I know he is fighting and I know he is not a quitter. I know he is thinking about his family and all his friends. Can you please tell everyone that I said Thank You for their gifts and I know that when Brandon wakes up it will make him a very happy person! Again Thank you Chris and Thank You everyone that has Brandon in their thoughts and prayers.

Sorry I forgot I think Brandon's favorite player is Tim Tebow and John Elway. He has been trying to get a John Elway autograph card for a very long time. I think thats why he took the Broncos for his Group Break. He is always praying that you will pull him either a Tim Tebow or John Elway autograph.

Sorry to report this news but please keep Brandon and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Hail24
post Jan 16 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #24

All-Star
Group Icon

Transactions: 117

eBay: hailautumn2224

View Gallery

Create Transaction

That just makes me sick to hear that. My family and I are praying for him and would like if you kept us updated on his status please. Also Chris can you send me his address so I can send a package for him. Thanks and good luck Brandon!

I collect Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson cards. I am on the lookout for ANY Peyton Manning Rookies especially ones I don't already have. PMs always get a faster response from me since it is the first thing I check when I logon!

http://s156.photobucket.com/home/Hailstone24

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 20 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #25

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Just a quick heads up that we finally got our missing hit from April's High End break where we had the missing bonus pack from 09 Exquisite. The April thread is updated and finally closed out!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Joba62x
post Jan 20 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #26

Veteran
Group Icon

Transactions: 41

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Thoughts are with Brandon, hope everything works out and he will be back around soon.

QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jan 20 2012, 01:52 PM)
Just a quick heads up that we finally got our missing hit from April's High End break where we had the missing bonus pack from 09 Exquisite. The April thread is updated and finally closed out!

Nice hit.

I heard they were updating some of the 2010 TBD cards with what they are, has there been a change in it?

Would be nice to have that wrapped up before we get a new exquisite project next week wink.gif

My payment should be to you tomorrow or monday.

user posted image

+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 21 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #27

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Joba62x @ Jan 20 2012, 07:01 PM)
Thoughts are with Brandon, hope everything works out and he will be back around soon.
Nice hit.

I heard they were updating some of the 2010 TBD cards with what they are, has there been a change in it?

Would be nice to have that wrapped up before we get a new exquisite project next week wink.gif

My payment should be to you tomorrow or monday.

Nothing on that one yet...still waiting but will keep you posted.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 23 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #28

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Good news with an update from Brandon's wife;

I would like to Thank You and the following people for sending Brandon the envelopes. Can you please tell the following people that Brandon and I appreciate their thoughtfulness from the bottom of our hearts.

Thank You to...

Michael Macisge(Sorry if I got his last name wrong)
Mircea "Mitch" Mardus
Robert Coyne

News about Brandon. Brandon has beat the odds and is on his way to a LONG recovery. The swelling in his brain has come down and he is breathing on his own. Each day that passes by that he doesnt have any problems or set backs is a day that comes closer to his full recovery. He has a long hard road ahead of him. He also has to do extensive PT and rehab.

Thank You Chris for all your understanding and patience!!! And Thank You to EVERYONE that has kept Brandon in their hearts and prayers in this time of need.

Thank You,
Tammy

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
BOBKONING
post Jan 23 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #29

All-Star
Group Icon

First Name: Bob
Transactions: 107

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great News! I'm glad to hear he's doing better.

NFL Team:
+Quote Post
quik59sat
post Jan 26 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #30

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: BK
Transactions: 257

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hey Chris, are we still on for breaking this Sunday? smile.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
kpit1978
post Jan 26 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #31

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Kevin
Transactions: 168

eBay: k.ck.1

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(quik59sat @ Jan 26 2012, 05:55 PM)
Hey Chris, are we still on for breaking this Sunday? smile.gif

I was just wondering that myself since the silent bidding isn't done.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 26 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #32

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Sorry guys, I am still hopeful for Sunday but we'll have to wait and see. I had been out of town this week and just last night had a chance to see what payments had arrived so we still have quite a few unpaid. I sent them all an email this morning asking for an update by tomorrow night so if all are still in we are good to go...but if several are dropping and we need to allow for a couple days to fill some teams we may end up delaying a couple days. I hope not but it's a possibility at this point. I'll keep you updated but should know more tomorrow night after the Limited break.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
kpit1978
post Jan 26 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #33

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Kevin
Transactions: 168

eBay: k.ck.1

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I would be more than willing to pick up the Bengals if they become available.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 26 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #34

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kpit1978 @ Jan 26 2012, 04:20 PM)
I would be more than willing to pick up the Bengals if they become available.

I appreciate it and I may be looking for back-ups if you see any teams you like but I would need to go to 19th Century Indy as he has been asking for awhile to let him know of any Bengal openings.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
BOBKONING
post Jan 26 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #35

All-Star
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jan 26 2012, 02:35 PM)
I appreciate it and I may be looking for back-ups if you see any teams you like but I would need to go to 19th Century Indy as he has been asking for awhile to let him know of any Bengal openings.

Who'd a thunk there would be this much interest in the Bungles???? bag.gif

NFL Team:
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 27 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #36

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Raiders are available and Jaguars will be as well if anyone wants to go after Gabbert. Bengals will go to 19th Century if he wants to confirm (I PM'd him) but otherwise will go to KPit. Still waiting on some other owners so if you see an unpaid team that you may want to join us with now may be your chance!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
GoGiants78
post Jan 28 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #37

All-Star
Group Icon

Transactions: 36

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Payment sent yesterday.

Collect NY Giants & Yankees. Also looking for Chargers & Padres for my brother.

If you plan on mailing my end in a snap case no need to send an offer. I send my end safe and secure, if you do not plan on doing the same don't make an offer.

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/gog...1978/?start=all

user posted image

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 28 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #38

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Haven't heard from 19th Century and we have to try to move this one along so I am granting the Bengals to KPit1978.

I opened up the Jags and other teams and may have to open the Chiefs as I still haven't heard from Joelwil.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Jan 28 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #39

Crpalmi
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

If Joelwil is in (can't confirm yet) we still only have 22 teams claimed and even if our silent bids average really high numbers we will be short and would have to drop at least one box from Supreme. At 23 teams we have a shot if the silent bids are around what they normally are. Just letting you know the status as we may want to push it back to recruit more takers. I'd love to break as the cases are here and ready to go but we have to cover the budget.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
BOBKONING
post Jan 28 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #40

All-Star
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'll grab the Jags. Please confirm and I'll send payment.

NFL Team:
+Quote Post

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 25th April 2024 - 03:30 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us