Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

SMTWTFS

My Blog Links

"Random Stuffing Ingredients"
or "How I became a Pirate", (hockey collecting)
Filter by Category:

13 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 > 
 | Category: assortment of ramblings
entry Sep 11 2005, 07:44 PM
A thoroughly uneventful day...except for this pot-pie I am now eating, mmmmmmm....goood!

entry Sep 10 2005, 03:37 PM
Nothing unusual has happened yet today. Wish it would...

Sending my first TTM auto request out on monday, since they don't sign outside the arena anymore after games, hope for the best. If it works out I may drop collecting anything else but autographs, trading is SO slow these last few months...

Picked up a model train layout for free the other night, well, free other than the $12 in gas to go pick it up and haul it home.

I'm really not enjoying work these days. Maybe can find something to do in the rebuilding zone for the next few months, need to get away...

entry Sep 5 2005, 05:56 PM
I heard that people in this country spent more on dog toys than they did on kids toys. That's disgusting. I can tell you that isn't true in this house. Yet another sign of the lost priorities...

Can't take short trip without someone being rude anymore. Guy towing a boat stops in an intersection, right in the middle blocking traffic in four directions, so that his wife can get in the truck with the coffee and pastries. Great look on his face as I laid on the horn, saluted him, called his wife a name and cut around him within inches at top speed. laugh.gif

entry Sep 2 2005, 06:15 PM
So I've been dumping items on to a local exchange board, for sale, or for trade. It's amazing how quickly some people respond but never bothered to read the description of the item I am selling or trading. Then they just disappear when the day of reckoning comes, leaving me having told others that the item was no longer available. So I wised up and now require a phone number on every e-mail reply so that I can call to remind them they made a deal and should respect that. Expect that the number of e-mails from time wasters to drop significantly smile.gif

I just hate when people waste my time. Change your mind?, that's cool, just e-mail or pick up the phone, don't rudely disappear. E-mail addresses of rude individuals are posted on a web page so that web crawlers may add them to spam lists - beware. laugh.gif

Changed the oil in the car, hope to get another 10K miles out of it before sending in on it's way.

Big weekend, time for paintball! Time for Pizza and BBQ with copius amounts of beer cool.gif .

Folks, it's time to bury Old Orleans and build New Orleans above sea level. IF you foolishly choose to build in a hole again: make sure you watch the weather reports closely and get out BEFORE the storm hits. Governments set building codes, but fail to require the simplest of intelligent design when it comes to bringing old cities into compliance. History shows sometimes cities die...it's OK.

entry Aug 21 2005, 07:07 PM
Today we:
rode on a fire truck
built a toy truck from wood
held a tarantula
rode a big slide, twice
saw a helicopter land
ate ice cream
ate hot dogs
watched belly dancers
saw a stick bug
received a plastic spider, and ant
went bowling
crawled thru a big bug
talked to a parrot
sweated profusely
spun a wheel
enjoyed ice-cold water
took a nap
watched it pour rain
ate crawdads
watched a movie
went to bed

entry Aug 6 2005, 10:23 PM
This new job...this new job...it's taken my time away for now...

entry Jul 26 2005, 06:55 PM
Finally 65º and rainy today, windows open, actually spent the day cleaning up the garage in the nice cool breezes.

entry Jul 25 2005, 03:57 PM
It's always been in my nature to be contrary.

entry Jul 23 2005, 08:47 PM
Saturday night...time to head out!

entry Jul 22 2005, 07:09 PM
Tonight I shall sit in the sprinklers in the yard when they come on.

In the last 125 years, there have been around 52 days at 100º or hotter in this city. In the last week there have been 5 days 100º or hotter.

Somebody turn off the oven.!!

entry Jul 21 2005, 11:04 AM
So yesterday actually broke the record by hitting 105º.

Today is expected to break the record as well, no relief until at least Tuesday...

One spot here in eastern CO tied the record for hottest day ever in the state --- 114º blink.gif blink.gif

Have I mentioned my dislike for this type of heat?

entry Jul 20 2005, 12:42 PM
I can't think of any weather I hate more than 100º+ days.
Actually anything over 90º irks me plenty.

So what's the temperature here? 103º, 3 days over 100º the last week.

Filled the pool, going to sit in it after dark.

entry Jul 13 2005, 02:29 PM
Well other than a case of heat exhaustion after the paintball marathon, not a bad trip. Got to eat, drink and blast off fireworks, then jump into a canoe and float down the river. Stopped in Dodge City on the return so the kids could put the "never ending trip" into perspective...you thought 4 hours in the car was tough? Try 4 weeks in a wagon without A/C laugh.gif

entry Jun 28 2005, 01:53 PM
I'm like a little kid gearing up for summer vacation. Excited to get out of town for a while...mine will only be a week long instead of 3 months, but already I'm asking "are we there yet?", and I'm the one driving laugh.gif .

entry Jun 27 2005, 09:50 AM
Spend the weekend shooting paintballs and fireworks, eating BBQ and hanging out with family.

After that we will head to the woods for a trip down the river. Spend the night in a cave. How many people can say they've done that?

I love summertime.

entry Jun 14 2005, 05:13 PM
affect effect infect affected effected infected affective effective infective affectable effectible infectable affecter effector infector affection...infection.

It's all about producing results...

entry Jun 12 2005, 08:56 PM
So today I passed a yard sale...well more of a yard giveaway as the rain started to pound down...I left with 12 life preservers, 3 sleds and two milk crates. Figured if the rain got real bad I would be in good shape.

entry Jun 10 2005, 04:34 PM
Today I imagined how much more I could do if I didn't have to worry about food, shelter and clothing.

entry Jun 8 2005, 09:34 AM
Today I passed a guy holding a "stop/slow" sign, still looking for the guy holding the "go/fast" sign....

entry Jun 1 2005, 06:04 PM
A thought on shipping charges I saw today...covers cost of postage, materials, time?!?!?!?. Let's just add: cost of gas to/from the post office, wear and tear on my car charge, auction listing fee, environmental disposal fee, oxygen depletion fee, address writing fee, ink fee (for writing address), electricity usage premium, reimbursement charge for my mother having given birth to me, waiting in line at the post office fee...

Geez! blink.gif

Sounds okay if they will reduce the charge for my time finding and bidding on the auction, making payment, walking to the mail box to pick up the package laugh.gif

13 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 > 
Lo-Fi Version Time: 24th April 2024 - 12:40 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us