Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> Starter lots, 1968-1987

gawaintheknight
post Jul 11 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #1

Rookie
Group Icon

Transactions: 9
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: gawaintheknight

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

July 11 2007

If you are interested in any of the starter sets below feel free to make an offer. I do ask that you pay shipping. They will hit eBay soon if no one wants them.

Baseball starter sets:

1968 Topps: 200 different lower grade cards, 172 low numbers and 28 high numbers, approximately 1/3 of the set. Some of these might get up to VG, but this is basically a lot for starting your set or filling in holes until you can get nicer ones (or, if you don't care about condition, it's a good base lot for your set). Leaders, team cards, rookie cards, managers, All-Star cards, checklists, Yankees, John, Kranepool, Sutton, Morgan (NM BV $12), Drysdale (NM BV $12), Brock WS, Oliva, Fregosi, Flood, Face, Marichal, Allen, McGraw, Cash, Howard, Maz, Jenkins (NM BV $10), Sparma (NM BV $10), Agee (NM BV $10).

1970 Topps: 63 different P/G/F including Blue/Tenace RC, Reuss RC, B. Williams, Playoffs and World Series cards, Marichal, Jenkins, Bunning, Bonds, Pinson, All-Stars, Stargell, and eight semi-highs

1972 Topps: still working on this pending a couple of deals. I will have low-grade and medium grade lots available. If you want a starter set, let me know what you're looking for.

1973 Topps 48 different P/G/F including Walter Johnson ATG, Hunter, Brock, Tiant, Berra, Santo, Oliva, Leader, World Series, Brock, Cepeda, B. Williams, Fisk (second year), Gibson, Jenkins

1976 Topps 280 assorted VG to Ex with corner wear only plus 250 assorted with other problems, some of which have only minor creases and might still be VG, but others are P/F/G condition. Lot includes Yaz, Cobb ATG, Williams ATG x2, Fisk, Guidry RC, Seaver, Munson, Gossage, Lynn, team checklists, Parker, Koosman, Perez, Griffey, All-Stars, checklists, and cards from the Traded series

1977 Topps about 175 assorted VG to Ex with only corner wear plus 40 more with other problems, some of which have only minor creases and might still be VG, but others are P/F/G condition.

1978 Topps about 185 assorted cards that are VG to Ex with only corner wear plus about 160 that have other problems, some of which have only minor creases and might still grade VG but others that are P/F/G condition. World series cards, team cards, leader cards, Seaver, Bench, Rose x2, Rice, Guidry x4, Palmer, Perry, Fisk, Munson, Sutter, and rookie cards

1979 Topps: about 160 assorted cards that are VG to Ex with only corner wear plus about 240 that have other problems, some of which have only minor creases and might still be VG but others that are P/F/G condition. Leader cards, team cards, rookie cards, highlight cards, Bonds, Bench x3, Jackson x2, Niekro, Garvey x2, Yaz, Aaron/Wilson all time-leaders, Eckersley, Murphy, Stargell

1980 Topps: 452 different, all are crease free with very nice corners, this is a nice lot and I would say 95% of these are ExMt/NrMt at worst. Some look gradable to me if that's your thing. Many stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1981 Topps: 372 different, all are crease free, this is another nice lot even nicer than the 1980 lot and 95% are ExMt/NrMt at worst. Some would definitely be gradable if you are into that. Many stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1981 Donruss – about 500 different of 605. These are almost all right as they came out of the pack. If you opened packs of 1981 Donruss you will undoubtedly realize that this is not the greatest praise in the world as this set was plagued with poor centering and rough cut edges, as well as thin card stock. However these do not have additional problems like creases, writing, etc. added after the factory got through with them – they are just the typical 1981 Donruss condition cards.

1981 Fleer – 528 different of 660. Vast majority ExMt/NrMt or better. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1982 Topps: haven't done this one yet but it should be at least 500 different, probably more like 600 or 700. Should be 98% NrMt. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1982 Donruss: 444 different of 660. Should be 98% NrMt. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1982 Fleer: 575 different of 660. Should be 98% NrMt. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1983 Topps: 709 different of 792. Should be 98% NrMt. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1983 Donruss: 290 different. Should be 98% NrMt. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1983 Fleer: 337 different. Should be 98% NrMt. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1984 Topps: 716 different of 792. Should be 98% NrMt. Stars, semistars, rookies, checklists, etc., not all commons.

1984 Donruss 800 assorted – not a complete set. Some stars and semistars, some Diamond Kings, some checklists. Great for starting a set or filling in holes. No condition problems that I saw.

800 count box of 1987 Fleer. Not a complete set, you will get multiples of some cards in this lot. Thought I wanted to build this set, then changed my mind. Cards appear to be NrMt or better – there might be a handful with a corner or edge ding but I certainly didn't see any major problems. Some stars and semistars, specials and checklists.

1984 Fleer, 400 plus assorted. Mostly commons. ExMt/NM or better condition.

My wantlists and hockey for sale list are here:
http://gawaintheknight.webs.com/

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 20th April 2024 - 01:08 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us