Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 2009-10 Ultra Hockey redemptions expired?, Avoid this product?

northicehero99
post Jul 31 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Just wanted to note that I got a box of 2009-10 Ultra Hockey and pulled a redemption which reads a program expiration date of 9/15/11. When I entered the code for the card it came back with this message:
This redemption offer is now expired. Unfortunately, late entries cannot be honored and our inventory is now depleted. We apologize that we can no longer assist you with this promotion.

This will be the last box of 2009-10 Ultra I will buy since the redemptions are not any good. So before anyone else spends money on these boxes, I wanted to post to make you aware.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Jul 31 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #2

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Wow, its funny, I got a Carey Price 07-08 Ultra Redemption, and that was the summer of 2010, and they honored my card, Don't get it, but I also found another one a few months back of a 06-07 Ultra, and they said what they told you, if you make a 100 of them, and 87 of them where redeemed, where is the rest? Plus they still sell them, I think they should still onor them past the expire date, boo on them, Thanks for the heads up, when did UD Buy out Fleer? Won't buy no more knowing this. sad.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Jul 31 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Legend
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(redwing40 @ Jul 31 2011, 02:04 PM)
Wow, its funny, I got a Carey Price 07-08 Ultra Redemption, and that was the summer of 2010, and they honored my card, Don't get it, but I also found another one a few months back of a 06-07 Ultra, and they said what they told you, if you make a 100 of them, and 87 of them where redeemed, where is the rest? Plus they still sell them, I think they should still onor them past the expire date, boo on them, Thanks for the heads up, when did UD Buy out Fleer? Won't buy no more knowing this. sad.gif

Redemptions are redemptions, however I agree if you make 100 and put 100 cards in packs then you should allow for the majority to be redeemed, not set a date. From the standpoint of the companies, I get why they set dates. It costs too much to chase cards and store them for so many years until they are redeemed. I have a rough enough time digging in my collection, let alone imaging how big their redemption areas are. That being said how do you set a date of 9/15/11 and not honor it? I am going to contact customer service tomorrow, but not sure they will do anything.

UD bought the Fleer name back around 2004-2005 after they went bankrupt and all the assets were sold. However, UD only bought the name and has no connection to products produced prior to 2005.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jul 31 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #4

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

wait where did the last 45 days go?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Aug 1 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #5

Legend
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Spoke to UD tonight. They put the code in and said it was available and a "glitch"? Not sure, will have to see what I get.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
redwing40
post Aug 2 2011, 08:18 AM
Post #6

HOF
Group Icon
Group Icon

Transactions: 248

Awards:
Member of the Month Jan 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Good to hear that Brian, wonder if I could call and get the 06-07 redemed, see if I can something out of them just for being a customer since 1990, maybe not, but worth a shot since I paid $19.99 for the box at Sears, lol

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 23rd April 2024 - 03:26 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us