Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

26 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »  
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Chain, Members reached:15 Cross country trips:3

NYMETSJETS
post Jul 20 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #421

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: TK
Transactions: 421
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I have finally had a chance to examine the fine collection in the package. After some debate, my final decision was between:
1. Dwight Gooden Bat Auto Card (for my small Mets collection)
2. Roddy White Photographers Proof 1/1 (would be great for tradebait)
3. 2005 Diamonds Kings Set (beautiful set that I really new nothing about before taking a look at it)

At the end of the day, I had to go with the Gooden. The '86 Mets are my favorite team of all time and just couldn't pass it up. Would have loved to hang on to the Diamond Kings set but probably would be bettered served in someone elses collection as I don't really collect sets or much baseball. The Roddy was tough to pass up too.

Anyway, I'll get things repackaged up and throw in my replacements/additions and send it on it's way. I have the address already as I've already sent probably 50+ packages to Andy in the past couple of years....haha.

user posted image

User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
booth9919
post Jul 20 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #422

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Andy
Transactions: 353

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(NYMETSJETS @ Jul 20 2011, 03:30 PM)
I have finally had a chance to examine the fine collection in the package.  After some debate, my final decision was between:
3. 2005 Diamonds Kings Set (beautiful set that I really new nothing about before taking a look at it)

At the end of the day, I had to go with the Gooden.  The '86 Mets are my favorite team of all time and just couldn't pass it up.  Would have loved to hang on to the Diamond Kings set but probably would be bettered served in someone elses collection as I don't really collect sets or much baseball.  The Roddy was tough to pass up too.

Anyway, I'll get things repackaged up and throw in my replacements/additions and send it on it's way.  I have the address already as I've already sent probably 50+ packages to Andy in the past couple of years....haha.

He's alive LOL! Good to see you posting again

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
pspstatus
post Jul 21 2011, 11:55 PM
Post #423

Malarkyologist
Group Icon

First Name: Aaron
Transactions: 104

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(NYMETSJETS @ Jul 20 2011, 03:30 PM)
I have finally had a chance to examine the fine collection in the package.  After some debate, my final decision was between:

At the end of the day, I had to go with the Gooden.  The '86 Mets are my favorite team of all time and just couldn't pass it up.  Would have loved to hang on to the Diamond Kings set but probably would be bettered served in someone elses collection as I don't really collect sets or much baseball.  The Roddy was tough to pass up too.

Anyway, I'll get things repackaged up and throw in my replacements/additions and send it on it's way.  I have the address already as I've already sent probably 50+ packages to Andy in the past couple of years....haha.

I'm glad Doc found a good home.

I collect rookie cards. Please check my list to see if you have anything I need.

I am looking for Don Mattingly cards that I don't have. Base, Inserts, Patches, maybe GU or Autos.

My Bucket
Baseball Rookie Wantlist
Football Rookie Wantlist

Self Portrait
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
cbware88
post Jul 23 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #424

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 47

Awards:
September 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

thumbup.gif good choice on the Doc card biggrin.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
NYMETSJETS
post Jul 30 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #425

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: TK
Transactions: 421

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Package is on the way to Andy. It finally went out Thursday. Sorry for the delay but I've been busy and was having trouble making it to the post office. I replaced the Doc with a Braylon Edwards 2005 Leaf Limited RC Phenoms 2 Color Patch Auto and a few other extras. I guess it was a good decision as it looks like him and the Jets are parting ways. Thanks again for running this and looking forward to seeing the future progress of this project.

user posted image

+Quote Post
booth9919
post Aug 2 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #426

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Package rcvd today am going to be taking the flair great set and will be adding 1990 fleet basketball set

Package will go out Friday if I can get the address for the next person in line

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Aug 5 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #427

HOF
Group Icon

Transactions: 540

Awards:
2008 Favorite Box Break Host

View Gallery

Create Transaction

So there's the bad news, unless I get the package tomorrow it's going to be sitting at my house no less than until Aug 13th. I'm working out of town all next week and not totally sure when I'll be back.

I'll keep ya'll updated. Good thing I'm making a little more than normal this trip, it will cover the cost of shipping a small card shop around smile.gif

+Quote Post
wvball
post Aug 11 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #428

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: A
Transactions: 148

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I think we need a post catching everyone up on what is circulating.

+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Aug 11 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #429

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(wvball @ Aug 11 2011, 12:02 PM)
I think we need a post catching everyone up on what is circulating.

ok I will do that once I get back home! Looks like I won't be home until Sunday evening with the chance of it being Monday evening now. The life of being a freelancer....

+Quote Post
NYStateOfMind1976
post Aug 11 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #430

It is what it is...
Group Icon

First Name: Adam
Transactions: 339

eBay: adam_the_game

Awards:
February 2010 Pack Pull of the Month, September 2009 Pack Pull of the Month, 2009 TCC Member of The Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Sure it is no problem. Work always comes first.. Unless of course you own a card shop..LOL

user posted image

I am hunting for the following:(Gu/Au)
- NYY: Jeter, Mattingly, vintage and HOF Yankees
-If you know me anything is possible but you have to know the secret stuff I will bite on.

Profile Card
+Quote Post
booth9919
post Aug 12 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #431

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Work got hectic this week and Didnt have time to mail it out. FOr this I am not taking anything and just adding the Fleer basketball st like mentioned before will post Dc number when I get back from running errans today.

I take that back as I took the fleer great baseball set out when I first got the package. So I do have the fleer greats set.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
booth9919
post Aug 12 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #432

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Does anyone know Garys last name So I can send this out LOL

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
booth9919
post Aug 12 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #433

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:
Feb 2010 MOTM

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Aug 15 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #434

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

OK, so my wife says the package showed up today. I got stuck in Knoxville, TN for a couple extra days and I'm driving back to Nashville in the morning. She tells me the box is larger than a shoe box and pretty heavy... I guess to some here, that might make them excited.

However, I'll be the complaining charley and stick to my initial concerns of these sets being added.... I did not sign up for this to pay $15-$20 in shipping! I don't know how heavy the box is but dang, I'd rather take my wife out for a 2 for $20 than this.

It's a great idea, I just wouldn't have joined if I knew it would grow to be anything other than singles.

When I get off work tomorrow, I'll post up what's inside and maybe load a picture or two.

+Quote Post
Cardman123
post Aug 15 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #435

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Joe
Transactions: 96

eBay: jnadeau123

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Aug 15 2011, 08:55 PM)
OK, so my wife says the package showed up today. I got stuck in Knoxville, TN for a couple extra days and I'm driving back to Nashville in the morning. She tells me the box is larger than a shoe box and pretty heavy... I guess to some here, that might make them excited.

However, I'll be the complaining charley and stick to my initial concerns of these sets being added.... I did not sign up for this to pay $15-$20 in shipping! I don't know how heavy the box is but dang, I'd rather take my wife out for a 2 for $20 than this.

It's a great idea, I just wouldn't have joined if I knew it would grow to be anything other than singles.

When I get off work tomorrow, I'll post up what's inside and maybe load a picture or two.

I must say, I have to agree with Gary. I think this has been a fantastic concept and started off great, with just a few cards that can be mailed easily and cheaply. However, it has unnecessarily gotten bigger and bigger along the way, and it has reached a point where it is becoming a burden to those receiving the package. That wasn't the intent of the original thread, so I am going to bow out.

Gary...please skip me and move on to Crpalmi. Good luck everyone.....if it ever goes back to the original, simple way, I will be happy to participate. Have fun!

-Joe

Here's my photobucket (tagged by team and/or sport):

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff125/cartman123/

My favorite PC cards :
Koufax autos 25/25 and 3/5
user posted image user posted image

My best TCC group break pull:
6-way RC auto of Bradford/Thomas/Matthews/Spiller/McCluster/Clausen
user posted image
VISIT MY DODGER COLLECTION! Comments are always appreciated. Hit me up for trades if you think you have something I need!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Aug 16 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #436

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Well, after reviewing the box and it's contents, I must say I wasn't too happy with the pungent cigarette/smoke smell. If I wanted to smell that I'd go stand at the smokers posts outside an office building during lunch.

This is not me just trying to find something else to complain about... seriously, who wants cards that smell like a smoker?!?! I have an idea of where it may originate from but I guess I won't name names.

Wasn't real impressed with the contents inside either... this thing started off pretty nice but...well look for yourself.

Here's what I got in the mail and all contents inside:

Beat up Box
user posted image

How much it cost to ship this beat up box
user posted image

Contents
user posted image

Diamond Kings Set
user posted image

Fleer 90 Basketball Set
user posted image

Some Auto'd Ball, no idea who it is
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Aug 16 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #437

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I decided to take the B-Easy Patch Auto (even thought it has some rough edges)... it was between that and the Chipper Jones RC for me.

I seriously contemplated not even taking anything... because I really wasn't feeling any of it. But I thought, what would be the fun in that.

I am replacing the B-Easy with a 08 Gridiron Gear Pull-Out Jsy/Auto of Andre Caldwell.

Adding the "In College Jersey" Auto category with a 05 UD Rookie Debut James Butler Auto (Georgia Tech).

I was also nice enough to replace the box (Here's to saving $2 on shipping and foregoing lunch tomorrow!)
user posted image

+Quote Post
msw_sportscards
post Aug 16 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #438

Collect Hard!!! RIP RGBII
Group Icon

First Name: Marc
Transactions: 84

View Gallery

Create Transaction

As was mentioned before, the sets are peripheral to The Chain. The easiest way to not have to ship them is to take them. They do not have to be replaced by other sets. I agree that shipping price is a bit off from what was originally intended. We could pull them out and I would send money to have them shipped directly to me. I would then hold side contests for the sets in question.

As far as the quality of the cards in the package, I still see some very nice gems floating around.

P.S......Hands off the Woody Alan card!!!!!

+Quote Post
crpalmi
post Aug 19 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #439

Crpalmi
Group Icon

First Name: Chris
Transactions: 2348

eBay: Tcben2002

Awards:
2010 Topic of the Year 2009 and 2010 Best Box Break Host 2009 MVP Member September 2009 Member of the Month

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(msw_sportscards @ Aug 16 2011, 09:22 PM)
As was mentioned before, the sets are peripheral to The Chain. The easiest way to not have to ship them is to take them. They do not have to be replaced by other sets. I agree that shipping price is a bit off from what was originally intended. We could pull them out and I would send money to have them shipped directly to me. I would then hold side contests for the sets in question.

As far as the quality of the cards in the package, I still see some very nice gems floating around.

P.S......Hands off the Woody Alan card!!!!!

I know I'm new to this chain so take my input for whatever it's worth but I have to agree that the $16 shipping price kind of defeats the idea of all this. I understand the benefit the range of options provides by having sets and balls and etc. but my vote would be to seperate those items and save for a later contest and institute a guideline that only single cards can be added. If we keep it to a $3 bubble mailer I think we all get alot more out of this great idea. Just my .02!

Charlie Frye 2005 RC PC: 326 Diff (3068 total cards with 926 Auto and 770 Jersey cards)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Gforce083
post Aug 19 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #440

HOF
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(crpalmi @ Aug 19 2011, 08:48 AM)
I know I'm new to this chain so take my input for whatever it's worth but I have to agree that the $16 shipping price kind of defeats the idea of all this. I understand the benefit the range of options provides by having sets and balls and etc. but my vote would be to seperate those items and save for a later contest and institute a guideline that only single cards can be added. If we keep it to a $3 bubble mailer I think we all get alot more out of this great idea. Just my .02!

I have yet had a chance to ship... so if MSW wants to spot the cost to ship the sets and ball to him, so that he can have some contests I will be ok with this.

+Quote Post

26 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us