Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 3 Cool Mail Items - All of a different variety

geschrocks33
post Jun 10 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Derrick
Transactions: 70
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Recently received these 3 in the mail all of which I think are cool and all of which are very much different.

First we have something that I hit in a Group Break Mixer on FB. I took Buffalo as I do very often in breaks, and ended up with this guy, who played the equivalent of 1 full season with the Sabres. But he's in the HHOF and I'm slowly working towards the beginnings of a HOF Auto PC, so this was a sweet unexpected hit:

Doug Gilmour Autographed Puck w/HOF Inscription

user posted image

Next is something a little different. I embarked on also collecting Funko POPs last year as it was a fun change of pace, and with the variety of things they make these in it's something I can collect with my wife. So here's a most recent one I picked up for myself:

Patrick Roy Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup CHASE POP

user posted image

And lastly, just a card that I saw for sale on Facebook for a pretty good price IMO and I thought it was cool. So I bought it.

11/12 ITG Ultimate Complete Jersey 09/09 - Peter Forsberg

user posted image

So there you have a it, a Puck, a Pop, and a Card for a little change of pace. biggrin.gif

Comments appreciated as always, thanks for looking.

Currently looking for:

Cal Clutterbuck, Lee Stempniak, and Paul Stastny
Also Current Sabres Rookes

Bucket: http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp321/geschrocks33/
Tradelist: Tradelist

NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Jun 10 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Nice puck and card. Not sure on the Pop. Seen those, but don't get it, of course some people don't get card collecting either. laugh.gif smile.gif

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Jun 10 2020, 04:44 PM
Post #3

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

fantastic stuff..

i use to have a very similar forsberg, love ITG

Gilmour was one of the Blues I liked until he had that thing with the 14 year old babysitter and got run out of town..lol

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
captkirk42
post Jun 11 2020, 09:25 AM
Post #4

Old School Vintage
Group Icon

First Name: Kirk
Transactions: 228

eBay: captkirk42

OpenChecklist:
klandersen

Awards:
June 2012 Member of the Month

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Nice pickups. "Fight Strap"? Looked it up I hadn't heard of that before. Then again I don't follow Hockey that closely. Just root for my Caps.

Funko Pops. Yeah those things seem to be a niche type collectible, but right now are super POPular. It amazes me at all the genres they cover, TV shows, movies, sports, celebs, comics and popular art like Japanese Manga and Anime, Advertisement Mascots. The first time I saw one in real life a couple of years ago I was surprised at their small size only 3". I originally thought they were 6" or 7". When I first saw and heard about them online I was turned off by them and the beady little eyes. Looked to Manga/Anime like. Then when I saw some of my fave fandoms started having them I sort of thought about getting some before I saw them in reality. Then I was turned off by them and their teeny size. Now I am back to sort of wanting a few select ones, but not too much.

What I Collect
Washington DC area Sports teams and Vintage plus Non-Sport.
user posted image
MY WANT LIST:
Master Want List on Blog

BLOGS & STORES:
TCC BLOG/ CaptKirk42 Card Blog/ Curly W Cards/ CaptKirk42 on COMC/ My Ecrater Store/ My Squidoo.com lense

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
geschrocks33
post Jun 11 2020, 07:40 PM
Post #5

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Derrick
Transactions: 70

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Jun 11 2020, 09:25 AM)
Nice pickups. "Fight Strap"? Looked it up I hadn't heard of that before. Then again I don't follow Hockey that closely. Just root for my Caps.

Funko Pops. Yeah those things seem to be a niche type collectible, but right now are super POPular. It amazes me at all the genres they cover, TV shows, movies, sports, celebs, comics and popular art like Japanese Manga and Anime, Advertisement Mascots. The first time I saw one in real life a couple of years ago I was surprised at their small size only 3". I originally thought they were 6" or 7". When I first saw and heard about them online I was turned off by them and the beady little eyes. Looked to Manga/Anime like. Then when I saw some of my fave fandoms started having them I sort of thought about getting some before I saw them in reality. Then I was turned off by them and their teeny size. Now I am back to sort of wanting a few select ones, but not too much.

It's honestly crazy the prices some of these Funko POPs command. I was amazed when I saw, and some skyrocket in value immediately depending on the thing.

They do actually make different sizes of certain ones. They make 10" ones sometimes that are decent sized, and they just started making 18" ones as well. I grab ones I like and it's fun because my wife is into it too. I actually just picked up Ovechkin in the Alternate jersey.

Currently looking for:

Cal Clutterbuck, Lee Stempniak, and Paul Stastny
Also Current Sabres Rookes

Bucket: http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp321/geschrocks33/
Tradelist: Tradelist

NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
zacho16122
post Jun 13 2020, 09:55 AM
Post #6

MVP
Group Icon

Transactions: 64

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Cool stuff Derrick! "A puck, a POP, and a card" sounds like a monthly feature...

I have a few of the Funko POPs that I have on a bookshelf just for some flavor. Had to grab a couple of the Dylan Larkin of course! They're harder to collect for me since they take up so much room.

Awesome stuff! Looking forward to seeing what you add next.

NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 03:07 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us