Printable version of Entry

Click here to view this entry in its original format

Tony Gwynn

Ongoing Attempt to become a Super Collector

Today I continue my quest to have all cards of Gwynn and Arod. Yes, I understand this is impossible, but I'm having fun in my attempt. I am currently working in building up a baseball tradelist so I am trading away everything that is non-baseball for baseball only. I'm also no longer collecting the long list of other players I was collecting. I find them having a more focused collection has its pros and cons, but I think the final result will be for the best. Tonight I hope to make a few more trades to better my trade bait. Although in order for me to get all these cards I have to take a trip home. Once I do that I will have a nice baseball photobucket. Afterwards I hope then I can begin asking for Gwynn and Arod cards on here and have things for trade that people will want. I also need to work on recording my cards so that I know what I have. I don't really want to have too many dupes, but I don't want to say no to a card that I will eventually need. Once I get all of my base/inserts recorded then I will attempt to get whatever I don't have. I know that I have a good collection going and I just need to do better documenting it. I haven't limited my collection of these players to just cards. I'm trying to collect other things like McFarlines and Beckett's with them pictured and other types of things. I did pick up some nice things at Cooperstown and the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony this past July of Tony Gwynn. Since I have followed these players throughout their careers I have found that I have a real passion for collect cards, memorabilia and other items of these players. I hope to soon have scans of most of my cards from my PC for all to view so I can share my joy with others. Time to get back to the forums and get trading. Take Care!
-Tifany