Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Welcome
An archive of my box breaks
Filter by Category:

8 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
 | Category: Basketball
entry Jan 19 2009, 06:14 PM
Date: January 2009

18 packs/5 cards; 3 game-worn cards per hobby box, one of which is a patch. So I got this hobby box off of ebay, it was an 03/04 product so I couldn't pass up. At the end you will find what I paid. I did a bit better than the stated odds I would say...I would assume I came across a hot box, but I couldn't find much info online about this product's ratios and odds etc. Couple things I know were that I got at least 1 case hit and I that I did so much better than I would've ever expected. Let's get to the results:

Rookie (1:15)

zarko cabarkapa 11/50 (i know, wow)

Insert (1:24)

by the numbers- lebron james!

Parallel (1:40)

jason williams 06/50

Now to the good stuff....all patches...

Hits

licensed apparel

mike dunleavy 049/100
steve francis 39/50
paul pierce 006/150
latrell sprewell 013/100

patchworks- kenyon martin 20/50

and for the case hit.......

vince carter collection auto patch 11/15!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Let me just mention a little bit about what was going on. As I was opening, it seemed pretty normal at first. As I open from the top, I remember seeing one card and a thick card. I'm assuming that's the patch so I save it for the end. I go through more packs and at this point I am maybe two-thirds through. So I open the top of the remaining packs, must've been 2 stacks of 3. Maybe all of them except for one has an equally thick card in them....I'm thinking well these can't be decoys...can they? Pack after pack I go through, there's a patch! It was my lucky day, I couldn't believe it. So this was a great break for 55 bucks I'd say. I wasn't too crazy about the look of the base at first. But then I realized the black half of the card would look really nice signed in decocolor silver. Well thanks for looking.

entry Jan 19 2009, 05:44 PM
Date: December 2008

18 packs/5 cards; 4 autos per box. Hey guys, first I wanna wish you all a merry christmas! I gotta box of 06/07 trademark moves and was looking forward most to busting this one. I also did get many #d cards. On to the results:

Inserts

Trademark Dish

luke walton, delonte west

Trademark Dunk

balkman, shaq, craig smith, josh smith

Trademark Swish

mo ager, bird, douby, gordon

Parallels

Base Parallels

bryant 84/149
gasol 94/149
rip hamilton 208/299
joe johnson 232/299
odom 229/299
okafor 72/75
bobby simmons 219/299

Trademark Dunk

diogu 159/299
nique 67/75

Trademark Swish

mike james 207/299
martell webster 30/149

Hits

The autos weren't that bad, too bad they were all Level 2's.

Rookie Auto

steve novak 12/149

Signature Dunk

jr smith 09/35
gerald wallace 062/149

Signature Swish

randy foye 121/149

user posted image

Thanks for looking.

| Category: Baseball
entry Jan 19 2009, 05:34 PM

14 packs/8 cards; 2 RC autos per box. Hey guys, first I wanna wish you all a merry christmas! I gotta hobby box of 2007 SP Rookie Ed Baseball. Here's the results:

Rookies

Regular

joaquin arias, homer bailey, jeff baker, brian barden, braun, desalvo, henn, igawa, laroche, lind, brandon morrow, okajima, perkins, pie, chris stewart, tulo

1993 sp design

braun, billy butler, kory casto, matt chico, alex gordon, josh hamilton & miguel montero

1995 sp design

ryan z. braun, hamilton, lincecum, matt lindstrom, gustavo molina, brandon wood & chase wright

1996 sp design

arias, bourn, casilla, john danks, francisco, kouzmanoff, henn, phil hughes, dice-k, molina, owings, danny putnam, rabelo, juan salas, ryan sweeney & delmon young

Hits

RC Auto

ryan braun!!!

ryan z braun that is..... sad.gif

1995 SP Design Auto

shawn riggans

user posted image

| Category: Hockey
entry Jan 18 2009, 08:32 PM

18 packs/5 cards; 2 GU and an auto per box. Hey guys, first I wanna wish you all a merry christmas! This here is my first ever hockey hobby box. I don't really follow hockey much anymore but I thought, hey why not?

Inserts

Wave of the Future

ales hemsky, ryan kesler, rick nash

Parallel

tuomo ruutu legacy collection #d 100/100 tongue.gif

Hits

showcase stitches- tony amonte, marcel hossa

showcase inks- manny legace

user posted image
user posted image

Thanks for looking.

entry Jan 18 2009, 08:04 PM
Date: November-December 2008

14 packs/8 cards; 2 RC autos per box. Plenty of rookies in this product and I had 2 shots for a decent RC auto. Here's how I did:

Box 1

Rookies

Regular design: didn't keep track of (but 3 per pack)
94/95 SP rookie design: jeff green
97/98 SP rookie design: crittenton
98 SP veteran/legend design: yao

Autos

96/97 SP rookie design: DURANT
new rookie design: aaron afflalo

Box 2 (not quite as good)

Regular design: didn't keep track of (but 3 per pack)
94/95 SP rookie design: yi jianlian
97/98 SP rookie design: taureen green
98 SP veteran/legend design: pierce, q-rich

Autos

new rookie design: demetris nichols and jameson curry huh.gif

user posted image
I didn't complete the base set (the vast 60 card set laugh.gif ) but did get plenty of rookies. Thanks for looking

8 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
SMTWTFS

Lo-Fi Version Time: 16th April 2024 - 01:06 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us