Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Q&A: Sports Card Sheriff Acquisition

bob_TCC
post Mar 27 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #41

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 111
First Name: Bob
Transactions: 567
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: tccstaff

SportsBuy: 61309

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:
Trader of the Month - Sep. '05, Nov. '06

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Mar 27 2007, 10:28 PM)
Question:  Does this mean I will have a larger audience for my 2007 Football Case Bust?  laugh.gif

If we have anything to say about it... Yes! cool.gif

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image
TradingCardCentral.com - THE resource for trading card collectors.

Founder
user posted image
OpenChecklist.com - software tools and services for trading card collectors.

My trade lists: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey | Racing | Everything
You Spent Bob's Money, Now Make Bob Money! Round 1: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bufbillsstlcards
post Mar 27 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #42

And now for something, completely diffferent.
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Aaron
Transactions: 37

OpenChecklist:
bufbillsstlcards

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only and No Posting

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 27 2007, 10:34 PM)
If we have anything to say about it...  Yes!  cool.gif

-Bob

Sweet! Im promising better pulls than last year, or you get your money back tongue.gif

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
doniceage
post Mar 28 2007, 03:24 AM
Post #43

Rookie
Group Icon

Transactions: 5

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Bob first off congratulations on acquring SCS as it a good deal for TCC to solidify itself in the hobby. SO kudo's on that point. Now these are not questions so you can take them down if you wish but I came to answer a pm from Northice and seen this so of course I read it and posting my thoughts etc (wanted or not). I just try to be honest in all posting and giving of facts of course that why I had many issues with Crit.

You mention unifying the hobby I have to say that cannot be totally honest and hardly any owners out there wants to unify it (THE HOBBY). The reason I say that is I been trading online since back in the mid 90's online. Many owners have said they want to unify the hobby, but when two site owners sit down and talk things out. It usually turns out to bring issues of pride, ownership (who gets to make the calls), how will the team be integrated (who will now head each forum etc), how to run the boards, how to set the site up, etc. as the list goes on and on.

You mentioned in one post when someone mentioned about the will there be a SCS team. Basically you said no and did not even say or mention they would be Welcome to join the team or to ask about it. So how can that be UNIFICATION I ASK? As your stating you want it all to fall under the umbrella of TCC. Again some have come over in the past and I am sure some might in the future.

The unification is hard as you tried your hand with Randallcards. I would assume many on your team did not want him here to begin with in the first place. Of course many like Crit used him and I know more than several owners from my view that have used him. Again to me that does not unify the hobby but shows my argument when you try to sit down a site is just like friends, tight circle, networks, etc. as they like a certain group of people. I think many would deny that but I could count numerous instances in the past on other sites.

p.s. You made a sweet move and I wish you the best. I just hope that no one sues Crit as this would only make TCC and SCS a big mess down the road in my eyes. If it a partnership I hope you have kept the two entities totally separate and make sure Crit bears all the responsibilities if something like this should happen.

D
ON

User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
SHLBYSALEN
post Mar 28 2007, 04:58 AM
Post #44

Rookie
Group Icon

First Name: MICHAEL

eBay: SHLBYSALEN

View Gallery

Create Transaction

so what exactly did crit due to scs

IF THE SILVER FOX HAD BEEN BORN WITH A SILVER SPOON HE WOULD BE KING

Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Mar 28 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #45

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(doniceage @ Mar 28 2007, 04:24 AM)
You mention unifying the hobby  I have to say that cannot be totally honest and hardly any owners out there wants to unify it (THE HOBBY).  The reason I say that is I been trading online since back in the mid 90's online.  Many owners have said they want to unify the hobby, but when two site owners sit down and talk things out.  It usually turns out to bring issues of pride, ownership (who gets to make the calls), how will the team be integrated (who will now head each forum etc), how to run the boards, how to set the site up, etc. as the list goes on and on.

You mentioned in one post when someone mentioned about the will there be a SCS team.  Basically you said no and did not even say or mention they would be Welcome to join the team or to ask about it.  So how can that be UNIFICATION I ASK?  As your stating you want it all to fall under the umbrella of TCC.  Again some have come over in the past and I am sure some might in the future. 

Don,

I think you may be viewing this as a partnership instead of an acquisition. SportsCardSheriff.com is now fully owned and operated by Trading Card Central. They are no longer two separate entities with separate owners and teams.

Initially, SportsCardSheriff.com will be restored as a "separate" site. Moving forward, a well-defined and clearly communicated process will take place in which SportsCardSheriff.com becomes an integrated part of TradingCardCentral.com. We are not looking to operate a network of trading card sites. Instead, we are working towards unifying collectors and providing them with a centralized resource to support their hobby.

Restoration of SCS is primarily being done to help collectors - plain and simple. Hundreds of collectors went to visit a key hobby resource in the middle of December and found it to be missing - without any warning. That simply should not have happened. Therefore, we will restore SCS as a first step so that collectors can once again access information from that site - especially things that they personally find very important.

At the same time though, we'll begin the process of unifying the 2 sites under the TradingCardCentral.com domain.

QUOTE(doniceage @ Mar 28 2007, 04:24 AM)
I just hope that no one sues Crit as this would only make TCC and SCS a big mess down the road in my eyes.  If it a partnership I hope you have kept the two entities totally separate and make sure Crit bears all the responsibilities if something like this should happen.

Again, this was an acquisition - not a partnership. The former owner of SportsCardSheriff.com no longer has any role in the ownership and operation of SportsCardSheriff.com.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

You Spent Bob's Money, Now Make Bob Money! Round 1: Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Mar 28 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #46

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(SHLBYSALEN @ Mar 28 2007, 05:58 AM)

I'm not sure that I understand the question, but Crit was the previous owner of SportsCardSheriff.com.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
GoSportsCards
post Mar 29 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #47

Rookie
Group Icon

Members Referred: 16

OpenChecklist:
GoSportsCards

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I think he meant why would Crit be sued, from the previous statement.

Come Check out my site!

Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Mar 29 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #48

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(GoSportsCards @ Mar 29 2007, 10:14 PM)

I'm certainly not going to assume that he meant that and I'm not going to speculate on reasons for the previous statement.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
doniceage
post Mar 30 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #49

Rookie
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(GoSportsCards @ Mar 29 2007, 09:14 PM)

I could go into this in elaborate details. I will not disclose all but out of almost any member at SCS I knew a lot. Not that I was in good graces with Crit as I usually was the number 1 person to butt head with him. As I believe backing up words with actions. Crit had many words but lacked a lot on the action front.

So things he did:

1) He created many paid for services and some cost upward to $100. So now what do those members have.
2) He was given money from various sources (many people). Of course he closed shop and claimed he was the owner.
3) He had 3 partners from his day at SCS and he screwed every one of them over. As I said when he was partners in the beginning he called each one friends but when things went sour they turned into the bad guy. Kind of ironic when he never thought that part of the problem was him. He even went as far as posting that some of these Partners were partners in every sense of the word of course only he recieved the cash.
4) He was supported by a good team and great members in turn
5) He stole from many people from various ventures and Bob owner of TCC was one of the people that was owed money by Crit. Of course I assume that why SCS partnered with TCC (but that my speculation purely).
6) I offered to help Crit anytime and I did financially, time, etc. whenever he needed things and had no problem doing so and would might even do so in the future if I THOUGHT HE HAD CHANGED. The one thing he always promised is that he would never sell the site and my he did that. So in the end his words are not backed up by action.
7) With SCS he did some shady things in his action. I think those actions will be portrayed more in the future. So hopefully, he has been compensated very well in this transaction as he will need it.

p.s. In the end Crit gave many words and promises and in the end he breached friendship and family that he developed over the years. I hope that gives a indication of what Crit Van Tuyl has done and that is just the tip of the iceberg. It like this he can defend himself but I can show you about a 100 people that would say every word he would put up is or was a LIE.

D
O
N

+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Mar 30 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #50

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Don,

I'm not going to address most of your points because, quite frankly, you and others have more details than I do about the day-to-day and behind-the-scenes activities of SCS prior to it going down in mid-December.

Since one of your points mentioned me by name though, I will comment on this one:

QUOTE(doniceage @ Mar 30 2007, 03:50 AM)
5) He stole from many people from various ventures and Bob owner of TCC was one of the people that was owed money by Crit.  Of course I assume that why SCS partnered with TCC (but that my speculation purely).

Any and all partnerships between TCC and SCS prior to mid-December were actually primarily arranged with Mike Silvia (SCS' General Manager) - not Crit. In addition, those partnerships were true partnerships with no financial exchange or obligation from either side.

It is an accurate statement that HobbyClix.com owed affiliate payments to TCC for some time. However, complete compensation for that debt was made by Crit prior to the agreement of 3/15/07 in which TCC acquired Sports Card Sheriff.

In other words, the acquisition of Sports Card Sheriff on 3/15/07 was entirely separate from any previous partnerships or the handling of previous debt. Honestly, further details about the specific arrangements and agreement will not be disclosed publicly. It's simply improper to do so.

With all of this said, I understand that there was some level of frustration by various members of SCS - especially members of the team. However, I think it is accurate to state that the frustration has always been directed at an individual - not the SportsCardSheriff.com community.

Therefore, I'd simply ask that a reasonable effort be made (at least within this topic) to focus on the future of the SportsCardSheriff.com community rather than an individual who is no longer involved with the operation of that community. wink.gif

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
jflan702
post Mar 30 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #51

Rookie
Group Icon

First Name: John

eBay: jflan702

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hi Bob,

Good news on SCS/TCC merger. One question I have concerning the forums. One of the main reasonsthat I was at SCS was because they had a forum dedicated to Set Builders. When you merge the 2 sites, will you create a TCC forum for set builders, or just leave it at the SCS portion of the new/improved site?

Thanks,

Jflan702

Set builder 1970 - now - Topps, Fleer (original, not UD), Donruss, Score, Upper Deck

Looking for all Tommy John cards not listed on my havelist

http://www.freewebs.com/jflan702/

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
bob_TCC
post Mar 30 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #52

President & CEO
Group Icon
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
bob_tcc

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(jflan702 @ Mar 30 2007, 03:52 PM)
One of the main reasonsthat I was at SCS was because they had a forum dedicated to Set Builders. When you merge the 2 sites, will you create a TCC forum for set builders, or just leave it at the SCS portion of the new/improved site?

We have had previous requests for a forum or forums dedicated to set building, so we can certainly consider making that change as part of this process.

-Bob

President & CEO
user posted image

Founder
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
jflan702
post Mar 30 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #53

Rookie
Group Icon

First Name: John

eBay: jflan702

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 30 2007, 04:21 PM)
We have had previous requests for a forum or forums dedicated to set building, so we can certainly consider making that change as part of this process.

-Bob

Thanks for the quick reply Bob.

John

Jflan702

Set builder 1970 - now - Topps, Fleer (original, not UD), Donruss, Score, Upper Deck

Looking for all Tommy John cards not listed on my havelist

http://www.freewebs.com/jflan702/

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
GregArchibald
post Mar 31 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #54

Veteran
Group Icon

Transactions: 18

View Gallery

Create Transaction

What about transactions that were going through right before the SCS site crashed? I know that I had a few going through and I have lost cards as people couldn't get the information needed to finish up trades.

+Quote Post
doniceage
post Mar 31 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #55

Rookie
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Bob,
I respect the reply. You made a move and I will always be the first to commend you on it. As like any good owner or manager in sports you picked up a nice free agent. I just want to make sure that Crit never enters the hobby in any way shape or form.

p.s. As, you had said before before this previous announcement you did not know when they would be up and running. Of course with this merger I assume he will never be back in the hobby which is good for the future of the hobby. So see ya around the hobby as I am sure we will meet sooner or later.

D
O
N

+Quote Post
KyleCozzens
post Apr 1 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #56

Rookie
Group Icon

First Name: Kyle

eBay: CozzensKyle

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I have a lot to chime in with, having been around since Modern Era Sports and having put so much time and effort into SCS, but right now I would just like to know what will happen to all the SCS team members who also put in so much time and effort to get SCS to where it was before it went down.

Kyle Cozzens

NHL Team:
+Quote Post
crazygood
post Apr 1 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #57

Matt Forte
Group Icon

Members Referred: 2
Transactions: 141

Restrictions:
Must Send First

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(KyleCozzens @ Apr 1 2007, 11:15 PM)
I have a lot to chime in with, having been around since Modern Era Sports and having put so much time and effort into SCS, but right now I would just like to know what will happen to all the SCS team members who also put in so much time and effort to get SCS to where it was before it went down.

Didn't they all go and make their own site?

Collecting Matt Forte, Devin Hester and Greg Olsen
user posted image

+Quote Post
kooljazz1966
post Apr 1 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #58

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Kenneth
Transactions: 241

eBay: kooljazz1966

Awards:
Rookie of the Year - 2006, Best Member Profile - 2006, 2016 TCC Fantasy BB League Champion

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

SCS Mods...I would not be one to burn bridges...if you want my slot..by all means take it. I'm not one to get uppity on colored names. I just like the hobby and try to help out when I can. Don't know Crit, don't want to know Crit. Sorry you got burned. I pray it doesn't happen here. I think Bob Williams is a good dude.

-Ken

I Collect mid-high end sportcards, RCs, HOFer Autos

Real Time Hits as I pull them , etc...

The Vault...Enter at your own risk!!

Can a brother get a little Mojo?!!.....Just a li'l bit!!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
KyleCozzens
post Apr 2 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #59

Rookie
Group Icon

First Name: Kyle

eBay: CozzensKyle

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 1 2007, 11:52 PM)
SCS Mods...I would not be one to burn bridges...if you want my slot..by all means take it.  I'm not one to get uppity on colored names. I just like the hobby and try to help out when I can. Don't know Crit, don't want to know Crit.  Sorry you got burned.  I pray it doesn't happen here. I think Bob Williams is a good dude.

-Ken

I did not get "burned" by anyone. I was not suggesting either that they should take over the positions here. I just know that there was a large team committed to making online trading, and the hobby in general, enjoyable for all and that they deserve at least a thank you and some acknowledgment for the hard work they put in.

Kyle Cozzens

NHL Team:
+Quote Post
crazygood
post Apr 2 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #60

Matt Forte
Group Icon

Members Referred: 2
Transactions: 141

Restrictions:
Must Send First

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 1 2007, 11:52 PM)
SCS Mods...I would not be one to burn bridges...if you want my slot..by all means take it.  I'm not one to get uppity on colored names. I just like the hobby and try to help out when I can. Don't know Crit, don't want to know Crit.  Sorry you got burned.  I pray it doesn't happen here. I think Bob Williams is a good dude.

-Ken

That would not be right. SCS didn't build TCC.

Collecting Matt Forte, Devin Hester and Greg Olsen
user posted image

+Quote Post

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 24th April 2024 - 07:43 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us