Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

SMTWTFS

My Blog Links

"Random Stuffing Ingredients"
or "How I became a Pirate", (hockey collecting)
Filter by Category:

2 Pages  1 2 > 
 | Category: dungeons
entry Apr 10 2010, 06:10 PM
Well, I think that does it for me here, just out of luck for trades for too long now, I just don't have interest in most of the garbage coming out in today's products, the good stuff is too many years past.

Good luck to all.

entry Apr 3 2010, 06:03 PM
Well, been over a year now since my last trade deal here. Guess it's time to fold the tent and seek out fresh ground.

Sad, but high time I guess.

Good Luck to all! biggrin.gif

entry Oct 30 2009, 01:58 PM
$1BV in base is equal to $1BV in inserts is equal to $1BV in GU is equal to $1BV in Autos is equal to $1BV in Patches

$1BV is $1BV
so why do so many people keep on thinking their game used scraps are worth more?

They certainly don't offer me more in BV when they are trying to trade for any GU or Autos I have on hand...

entry Feb 19 2009, 04:06 PM
So I took a break for a couple weeks from the site...in some ways I'm sad I came back.

I look at my last trade here and see that it was close to a year ago. That tells me something is wrong. Is it with this site, or is there a growing issue with the whole hobby?

Maybe the overall economic news has gotten people down. I see lots of fighting over words here in the last week (and I'm not just talking in the politics forum, where things get heated with little surprise and not much of a problem usually).

Maybe I just didn't notice it before and it's always been here, but it's got me wondering why a lot of you are here. I come here to trade cards, when that's not happening I can only think too many of you have lost focus on the fun.

entry Dec 3 2008, 05:07 PM
I've got a beef with sellers from the bay who won't allow local pickups from people who live in their city.

Especially when they cry about "how busy they are", "work 24 hours a day", and "have 50 kids"...

So geniuses: how were you going to find time to go the the post office and mail out packages to say, 25 different buyers, during the holiday shipping season?

LAME! thumbdown.gif

entry Feb 21 2008, 03:38 PM
Okay, so this is worth an entry...

Post up an offer to buy cards at a site, note that anyone who wants to needs to include a list and asking price, get the usual minimal replies. One guys says he has 100+ of what I need, but that I will have to look at a few pics in his bucket.

Insert "should just skip it and save my time" here...

Okay I figure, might find something I can use. So I look at the pics, not singles of course, but 9 cards to a scan, so that some I can't even make out. But I find a few in the mix that I don't have so I express interest...

Insert "should've known better" here...

Get a reply that "he just wants to move the whole lot and is not going to take the time to list 100+ inserts". No price for the lot, no indication of how many of other players is in said lot.

Insert "No Sale" here.

Seriously, to make a sale some people won't even take the time to tell me what exactly they are selling?! huh.gif

entry Feb 16 2008, 03:35 PM
Waiting for mail stinks laugh.gif

Knowing those bad boys are out there just slowly making their way toward you.

"A bubble mailer in hand is worth ten in the mail" ohmy.gif

Oh well, as long as they get here wink.gif

entry Feb 2 2008, 02:03 PM
It's not often I complain about the officiating of a game. But really yesterdays Av's/dingalings game was a travesty in terms of it.

Did they give this dingalings fan a ref's outfit right before the game?

The way he waved that goal off like some meth-fueled windmill spoke volumes about his level of professionalism. There is no way he could have been that certain about the call he made from that far out. Lack of allowing a replay review on missed calls by an on-ice ref really hurts the game.

It's the first time I can say I've considered not watching NHL games for a time to boycott garbage like this, and anyone who knows me knows that I have to be pretty upset to make that kind of statement. mad.gif

entry Jan 29 2008, 11:18 PM
Actually making some progress on some of the older sets I've been tracking down a few cards at a time. Taking about 4 months so far on them, but progress is progress I guess.

Still haven't gotten a single reply on the 2000-01 Gold Label set, which is a bit bothersome... sad.gif

Got a good laugh on another forum today (not even worth mentioning the name) when asking about the must send first for the first 20 trades (laughable garbage in my opinion). Was told other feedback might be taken into consideration for removing that...so I asked how one could have feedback considered and from where...but since there is a prohibition on the site about even mentioning another trade site, and a prohibition about PMing other site information to someone...I could not figure out how anyone would have been able to take advantage of this without being banned per their regulations. blink.gif

Only (literally) a handful of the members there seem to have any idea what's worth collecting...judging from my trade count there over the course of a full year... laugh.gif

entry Jan 27 2008, 03:12 PM
Another big stack of adds for Avalanche base came in the other day. Also got a good stack of cards to add to the Bruins collection, as well as plenty of stuff to reward my son with for his grades this last term.

Always love to get a nice big box full of stuff to sort thru for singles I can add to the collection.

Love those trades. cool.gif

entry Jan 18 2008, 01:02 PM
Some of the best days I've ever had, and most excellent things I've ever done didn't cost me a cent.

If it was all about the money, rich people would never die. laugh.gif

entry Dec 31 2007, 06:37 PM
If you don't collect hockey, you should. wink.gif

Before starting a new thread, run a search to see if there is already a topic on it first. I'd rather see a 3 year old thread revived than see an identical topic started, particularly if it was a thread topic of mine. Just a respect thing I guess for me...

If you don't have a tradelist, make a resolution to get one together before making any more trade threads. Don't listen to what anybody else says in conflict with this statement. When we trade, I want to see a full up-to-date list of what you have.

Enjoy what you collect, and don't let it be about the money, because in the end, it won't be.

Bottoms up!!

entry Dec 31 2007, 04:23 PM
Whenever someone makes me a sandwich in 2008 I will memorialize them here:

(you could be the first) laugh.gif pizza.gif

entry Dec 31 2007, 04:21 PM
Whenever someone sends me free cards for my collection in 2008 I will memorialize them here:

habslover (SCF) Aubin - sent the last UD Stanley Cup Champs card I needed to finish up my Avalanche subset for that issue!!

wacards (Beckett) Wes - sent 4 cards for my 99-00 Gold Label set

satellitejack (HI) Rob - sent me 8 cards I needed for my 99-00 Gold Label set

A huge Thank You to everyone on this list. Sometimes those last few are the toughest to get put in the books cool.gif

entry Dec 28 2007, 01:51 PM
Some simple advice:

If you are posing a question, put a question mark at the end of the sentence.

If someone replies to your question, make sure to thank them for their contribution.

Send free cards with no strings attached to other traders once in a while.

Make a trade for something new once in a while.

Flush and wash after using the restroom.

entry Dec 20 2007, 12:09 PM
I just want some base and inserts after all - mostly from the 90's at that. wink.gif

Today's funny story - saw some cards I liked so contacted a guy.
He says "make me an offer" so I made an offer on some base and inserts, okay and a couple RC's (that go for $1 each on the high end) - I made a solid offer shipped based on what they were going for.

Get a reply back that the guy wants $3 more shipping and supplies on top of my offer. (Leaving me to think, no matter what my offer was he was going to add this amount...)

What was the point in asking me to make an offer if he already had a price in mind?...so I mull it over for a day...

Send a reply back that I am going to pass as I have other stuff I'd rather spend that amount on at present. Thank him for his time. (Privately I think to myself - the cards just didn't appeal to me that much with a 30% increase in the asking price, and I can pick up 13 cards I really like at that price at the next show or whatnot)

I get a reply back today..."$3?? wow"

Okay, so he wanted more, I have no problem with that, but, if $3 (or, as I saw it a 30% increase) was "no big deal", then why was he asking for it in the first place??

So thanks to this (and previous efforts with make an offer) - As of today I will no longer respond to those who ask me to "make an offer" - put a price on it, if I like it I'll pay it, if I don't I will make one counteroffer. If it doesn't work out, that's okay, I won't drag you about over it. smile.gif

entry Dec 18 2007, 12:10 PM
Well, here I am with 450+ Avalanche cards to trade. So for the foreseeable future that's all I'm going to be posting on my tradelist.

That number is just too high for duplicates to be sitting around. wink.gif

So I've put together a a list of them of them - Avalanche traders feel free to drop me PM on what we can do to reduce our tradelist loads.

The good news is that there is no duplication in the cards - there are 450+ unique Avalanche player cards from 2007 back to 1990. (Those from 1995 to 1990 are obviously Nordiques cards)

So let's get to it!!

entry Dec 15 2007, 09:38 AM
Going to add a few new cards to the collection today. I just have a feeling... mellow.gif

entry Dec 13 2007, 12:09 PM
Sent up a few new scans of stuff from the personal collection that members might have an interest in seeing. Plus it's always nice to have some fresh hockey in there to keep that other stuff in check laugh.gif

entry Dec 12 2007, 06:18 PM
Went thru and did an update on my Hockey Homepage and associated pages. I could do more to update some of the stuff, but right now I'd just like to get some things traded, so the focus was mostly on getting those pages up to date.

Let's recycle some cardboard. cool.gif

2 Pages  1 2 > 
Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th March 2024 - 06:38 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us