Printable version of Entry

Click here to view this entry in its original format

How does it feel when you got no food?

I could have had a V8!!! *doink*

Looks like the E-card type-collection I am building will take more time and financial resources. These don't pop up very often. I just missed out on an E100 and those are ultra rare. I looked at what I have spent on in the past months and I could have gotten a few of those rare cabinet cards from the 19th century. Looks like I will have to cut back by jusy concentrating on one E-card per month while paying off the rest of my bill. And it looks like I'll be paying it off until the summer. Oh well. At least it forces me to rethink my collection. And I think it's time now to move on and build that life-long collection of 19th century stuff. I'll probably won't make it in time for the annual Robert Edwards auction in April 2007.

My Hobby Library:
Mr.Mint's Insider Guide to Investing in Baseball Cards & Collectibles (1991)
Sportscard Counterfeit Detector (1992)
Sportscard Counterfeit Detector (1993)
Collecting Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey Cards: Experts tell where to find hidden value (1993)
The Ultimate Insider's Guide to Baseball Cards (1993)
The Insider's Guide to the Fine Art of Collecting (1993)
101 Ways To Make Money in the Trading-Card Market Right Now! (1994)
True Mint (1994)
Sports Collectors Digest: Classic Sports Memorabilia magazine - articles "How To Collect Vintage Cards and "Graded Cards On The Cheap" (spring 2005)
Sports Collectors Digest: Classic Sports Memorabilia magazine - article "Minor League T-cards Value Rising (autumn 2005)
Smithsonian Baseball: Inside The World's Finest Private Collections (2005) - I highly recommend this book even if you do not collect vintage!
Robert Edwards Auction catalog for April 2006
Sotheby's SCP Auctions: Important Sports Memorabilia & Cards Inaugural Internet Auction for April/May 2006
American Memorabilia Auction catalog for September 2006