Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> How to do an NPN, Update Jan. 2008 for UD Online Program

Luke2411
post Feb 24 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #1

Bazinga!
Group Icon

First Name: Jeremy
Transactions: 476
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: Luke2411

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I posted this in another thread, in order to directly respond to a question, but I thought I would copy it and post it as it's own thread in case people are looking for some direction in sending in NPNs. Maybe if someone wanted to pin this topic, it could serve as a reference point.

NPNs, or No Purchase Necessary offers are a pretty fun way to get free cards from card companies. From what I understand, companies have to provide a way for you to acquire the special insert cards in their packs without purchasing a pack. Otherwise, by associating odds with certain insert cards, buying packs would be considered gambling, and gambling rules would apply. This would completely eliminate the ability of companies to sell cards to kids. So, just like any other contest you might see on the back of a candy bar wrapper, they offer you a chance to get an insert card for free, at the same odds they are inserted into packs.

Typically, NPN offers are specifically outlined on the outside wrapper of a pack of cards. Follow those directions to the "T." Some TCC members are nice enough to post the addresses for some of the products we may never actually break ourselves, but you can always get the NPN directions for each specific product off a pack wrapper. Also, try this website for many current NPN offers.

In order to send in an NPN, follow these general guidelines along with what you read on the back of a wrapper, for Donruss/Playoff, Topps, or companies other than Upper Deck. Directions for Upper Deck will be given at the bottom.

1. Write your name, address, phone number and e-mail address on a 3"x5" index card. Not a piece of paper, not a burger wrapper, not a post-it, not a piece of toilet paper, not a scroll. Write it on an index card. These are free cards the company is giving you. They specify precise directions for submitting an entry for an NPN card, and they expect you to follow them. They will look for any reason not to give you a free card. If you don't follow their directions, they will not send you one. So, just do it. It's not hard. If you live in Canada, you'll also want to include the answer to the skills question on the index card. If you don't live in Canada don't worry about this. I've never seen one where you had to write your age on it, but if the wrapper says it, do it. As far as I know, there are no age restrictions. This makes sense because, like I said above, companies offer NPNs to get around gambling restrictions. This would eliminate the youth market, because kids under 18 would then not be able to buy cards. So, it would make sense that they don't have an age restriction on NPNs, because one reason they exist is so children can still buy cards. Hope that makes sense.

Also, if the wrapper (offer) says one per household, only send in one for that particular product. If it says one per household per day, only send one per day. Don't press your luck, just do as they say. It's a "free" card, why be stupid and ruin your chances of getting one?

2. Place that index card into a no. 10 envelope. This is not a regular envelope, it's a longer one (typically used for business letters). They are 4 1/8" x 9 1/2." Do not try to use some other types of envelope for the same reasons above. And, please, just use a white one.

3. On the outside of the envelope write the address for the NPN offer. Write it exactly the way the wrapper indicates, or follow the directions on the website listed above. You may also add a return address in the upper left hand corner of the envelope, as you usually would. However, there is no need to send an SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your submission. So, DON'T SEND ONE. They will typically send you back a card (if you get one) in their own envelope (usually a bubble mailer), so they don't need one from you.

4. Put a stamp on it and drop it in the mail box.

So, your no. 10 envelope should include an index card only with the appropriate information written on it, with the correct address for the NPN offer written on the outside and your return address in the upper left hand corner (optional). THAT'S IT.

For Upper Deck Products: As of January 2008 Upper Deck has gone to an online submission for NPNs. You have to register for an online account with Upper Deck. To access the NPN page, go to npn.upperdeck.com, login and then click the drop down menu to choose the product you want to submit an NPN request for. It's that simple. Hopefully, the other companies will follow suit (as long as UDs program goes smoothly). This will save us the postage that we generally have to pay for NPNs.

It's pretty easy, only takes about two minutes to complete one.

Now, will you or will you not get one back???

The offer states that you are sending in for a chance to win an insert card at the same odds that the insert cards occur in that product's packs. So, if you're sending in for 05 Donruss Elite Baseball, an insert card falls about one per pack, so you should get at least an insert card back from Donruss. Game-used or autos fall three per box, so you have a 3 in 20 (since there are 20 packs in a box) chance of getting one of those back. Understand? If the odds in a pack for a game-used or auto are 1 in 4, you get the same odds when submitting your NPN. From what I understand, the companies set aside a number of boxes for NPNs, they open one up, draw a name, open a pack and if that pack has an insert card in it, they send it to whomever's name they drew. Your name always gets drawn, if you've sent one in, but if there's no insert in the pack they open for you, you don't get anything.

Now, it's unclear what they do for the high end products that guarantee game-used or autos in every pack. I know with Triple Threads Baseball, last year, people only got back the inserted parallel cards of the base set, not any of the triple game-used or autos. So, with Triple Threads football, don't expect to get a triple jersey or triple jersey auto. My guess is that they aren't going to give you a card for free that you'd normally have to pay $100+ a pack for. If you send one in for National Treasures, you'll probably just get back one of the numbered base cards, not one of the game-used or autos. However, in the lower end products, it seems that everything is fair game. I've gotten back autos, game-used, parallels, you name it.

So, just follow those directions and good luck. I hope this helps.

My Photobucket Collection

My Youtube Box Breaks

user posted image

Collecting Texas Ranger Cards and Memorabilia!!!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
nuhuskers
post Aug 22 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #2

TCCs #1 Byron Chamberlain & Joseph Bisenius Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Bryce
Transactions: 376

eBay: nuhuskers24

Awards:
Pull of the Month MAR 15

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I am new to the npns and have a quick question. I see the npn site has addresses for the hobby, retail, blasters. Are all of these considered different product to where I can send to each address or should I just be sending to one address?
Thanks

Always looking for

Anything Byron Chamberlain! (Football)
Anything Joe Bisenius! (Baseball)

If I Don't ask for a price I am not buying. Thanks!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
benshobbies
post Aug 23 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #3

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Benjamin
Transactions: 63

eBay: benshobbies

YouTube:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(nuhuskers @ Aug 22 2009, 11:52 PM)
I am new to the npns and have a quick question.  I see the npn site has addresses for the hobby, retail, blasters.  Are all of these considered different product to where I can send to each address or should I just be sending to one address?
Thanks

They are all different products. For Topps NPN's you can send one for Blaster, Hobby, Retail, Cereal, etc. They are all sent to different addresses. If you send them all to the same address you will most likely be disqualified. Just send 1 index card per address unless it states otherwise.

NEW AND IMPROVED!! Check out my bucket! @ http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/ab175/benshobbies/ My photobucket! Right now all that is uploaded is my PC, but its a work in progress. Cards updated regularly! Praise God!

Collecting the 2008 UD Masterpieces Captured in Canvas Green Game Used Jersey set. Please PM me if you have any cards I need! I am 29/60 (49%) through the set.

I collect O.J. Mayo 2008-09 RC's and 2008+ Miami Dolphins RC's. Mainly interested in Chad Henne & Jake Long. Let me know if you would like to trade.

"That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Ephesians 5:27, KJV)

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Luke2411   How to do an NPN   Feb 24 2007, 05:52 PM
jetsrock3195   thanks   Mar 3 2007, 07:28 PM
northicehero99   Thanks so much for the helpful listing, I should...   Mar 3 2007, 07:57 PM
Luke2411   I can't really attribute the information to...   Mar 4 2007, 03:41 PM
Cratty   Hello there. I just read this post and wantted to ...   Mar 14 2007, 04:49 AM
2000 rushing yards   Not all of the products have the NPn address on th...   Mar 14 2007, 05:41 AM
Cratty   Oh ok, Yea i was just woundering. I bought 2001 fo...   Mar 14 2007, 12:01 PM
northicehero99   2000 Rushing is right on, anything over 1/2 year o...   Mar 14 2007, 06:44 AM
Luke2411   Thanks for clearing up the question about timing g...   Mar 14 2007, 11:59 AM
Luke2411   No, they always do it, for the reasons I listed in...   Mar 14 2007, 01:29 PM
fightingirishjd8   dude say i did one for nat treasures, then i would...   May 17 2007, 08:24 PM
trot2millah   just out of curiosity, I just sent a couple in, ho...   Jun 4 2007, 05:51 PM
mzhang13   just a question, is there any particular order to ...   Jul 24 2007, 11:29 AM
northicehero99   I usually fill mine out on the lined side in thi...   Jul 24 2007, 11:49 AM
benshobbies   Does it matter what type of index card you send ...   Jul 14 2008, 08:26 AM
FerrisBueller   Do not include anything in the (). The index car...   Jul 14 2008, 03:14 PM
ronaldinho0003   thanx ill try it..   Mar 10 2008, 03:13 PM
rbkallstars   Thank You   Apr 5 2008, 06:53 PM
PaperMario4Brawl   Thanks   Jun 12 2008, 07:19 PM
3rdbasestar20   thanks for the post   Jul 2 2008, 08:27 AM
cmalone1451   would you put the same info for different companie...   Dec 10 2008, 10:41 PM
FerrisBueller   Yes.   Dec 11 2008, 05:37 AM
Pete   Are these offers only valid in US and Canada?   May 30 2009, 06:35 AM
Luke2411   I'm not sure about that Pete. My guess is t...   Jun 3 2009, 04:17 PM
2000 rushing yards   i believe they are   Jun 7 2009, 08:53 PM
Pete   ok. Thanks guys   Jun 8 2009, 10:03 AM
meuandthelot   How do you do UD npn's again? They seem to h...   Jul 6 2009, 11:55 AM
benshobbies   As of right now we can't do Upper Deck NPN...   Jul 6 2009, 03:49 PM
Gamedudebt   So all you have to do is write the information on ...   Jul 21 2009, 11:31 PM
benshobbies   You have to hand write your name, address, email...   Jul 22 2009, 07:17 AM
Gamedudebt   Thanks! But if you send it in, is it garanteed...   Jul 22 2009, 07:26 AM
FerrisBueller   There are no guarantees. The odds of receiving a ...   Jul 22 2009, 07:35 AM
FerrisBueller   Ben, are you sure about that? I used to think i...   Aug 23 2009, 08:56 AM
benshobbies   That is Odd. I thought I had read on NPNSportsc...   Aug 24 2009, 07:22 AM
kidcarcia   do you have to include the wrapper?   Sep 6 2009, 08:32 PM
benshobbies   Thankfully, no. It is best doing it from the wr...   Sep 7 2009, 12:37 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th March 2024 - 01:46 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us