Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

SMTWTFS

My Blog Links

"Random Stuffing Ingredients"
or "How I became a Pirate", (hockey collecting)
Filter by Category:

13 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »  
 | Category: assortment of ramblings
entry Oct 22 2006, 11:43 AM
You know...I think it would be real nice if EVERYONE here made a point of responding to trade offers within 48 hours. ranting.gif

That way it's more like an ideal site, and less like the other sites...

I'm a little irritated that I've made several unacknowledged trade offers these last 2 weeks. dry.gif

entry Oct 19 2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks to Shawn (Bolted_Down), I got Brad Richardson knocked off the list for the Avs Project. Should have a Kolesnik RC coming in any day now. SO that just leaves a Bob Boughner auto from last seasons BAP issue to get the Avs Project up-to-date.

OF course there will be new players to look out for this season, but don't expect any of them to show up until at least the UD Series 1 issue. Still a bit disappointed that Kurt Sauer hasn't had an Avs card issued yet, since this is his third season (or part thereof) with the Avs...but I guess that wouldn't be the first time a player got passed by for an issue of some kind.

I just get real tired of seeing the same player cards in every release, superstars are great to have in sets, but not if it means some guys never getting any issue...check the rosters UD, and get those cards made wink.gif

entry Oct 12 2006, 11:33 AM
In honor of Halloween this month I have started the thread Halloween Hauntings to try to collect some stories, real or imagined, from our members here. Looking forward to hearing some creepy tales from around the world. smile.gif

entry Oct 10 2006, 04:30 PM
First week of the hockey season (as far as my A's and B's are concerned) went pretty well. I like the new younger look of the team this year I think that will be an asset as the season wears on.

Plus it gives me some fresh faces to look for collecting, I think I'm well stocked on the franchise guys (not that that is a bad thing), but it's nice to have something different to look for (not that I expect that UD will put anything more than the same 6 faces in the sets this year, but...), or at least hope to see in the December issues. wink.gif

entry Oct 8 2006, 06:20 PM
Some progress made on the card collecting pursuits, so thats a nice positive to the start of hockey season.

Stalled out on any progress on the NHL pocket schedule project tho, remember--they can be picked up for free and just mailed in a white envelope... smile.gif

Still looking to pick up a set from 2000-01 for hockey, prefer a UD set, but will consider any larger nicer set from that year.

entry Oct 6 2006, 12:59 PM
Today is a sick day, have to stay home with my daughter, she has that crummy stomach bug sad.gif

But I get to wander thru the posts here and comment more than usual smile.gif

Start of the hockey season has been a good thing, the available cards I have been looking for have picked up well. Down to just one card on the list for the "lost av's project". If I can get it up to date I can avoid the situation of still trying to track down those RC's five years later of guys who only play a couple games and then get hard to track down because they end up in a forgotten box somewhere.

Now I've just got to get those last few items on my tradelist traded away so I have an excuse to spend some $$ on new stuff this season..

entry Oct 4 2006, 04:25 PM
Crept forward on the av's project with the help of Brian here (northicehero99) and some folks on other trade sites, a glimmer of hope on the two RC's I have to get here too (thanks for looking into it Shawn) smile.gif

Leaves only the Boughner (an auto of course wink.gif ) without a lead on that project at present.

But hockey starts in 90 minutes, so my mind will be on that anyway laugh.gif

entry Oct 3 2006, 09:57 AM
As the kids said, "Halloween month is here" zorro.gif

Leaves have changed, and the wind is picking up and chilling things down.

Reasons I like Autumn:
Don't have to mow the lawn
Don't have to water the lawn
If it stays windy long enough there are no leaves to rake
It's just the right temperature for doing anything
It means hockey season is here

entry Sep 28 2006, 03:57 PM
Avoided a big domino effect today scared.gif , simply by making an extra stop to check things out.

entry Sep 25 2006, 05:37 PM
Been meaning to make a posting about this for fun. Phrases you always hear, and are used maybe too much, but don't really make sense...

"the more you buy, the more you save!" - so, I guess, I'll take everything, and it will be free?

entry Sep 25 2006, 10:41 AM
All in all the last card show was a bit disappointing. Not nearly enough hockey with the season looming confused.gif . A couple vendors with decent prices, but just not enough stuff. And a few vendors who still want too much for their 5-10 year old stuff (the stuff everyone keeps telling me is not worth anything??!)...One guy said he didn't break or carry hockey anymore "because of the strike"...ummm, it was a lockout, and I saw you had plenty of baseball on hand, and lord knows they've never gone on strike rolleyes.gif

Didn't see a single 05-06 parkie base card I needed, no av's rookies from 05-06...only thing worthwhile was the pickup I made Friday when I was in a hurry and snagged that old Roy Zenith Z-team card for $5.

Maybe the next show in 3 months will prove better...

entry Sep 21 2006, 01:16 PM
Hmmmm...lunchtime and I'm already done with any pending work for today. Guess I should do something worthwhile and get my lists together for the card show tomorrow wink.gif

More later...
Okay it's later and time for a ranting.gif . I am sick and tired of seeing Patrick Roy pictured on new release cards with the Habs when there is NO card in that same release that shows him with the Avs. thumbdown.gif

I'm okay seeing Ray Bourque with the Bruins, since his tenure with the Av's was short (but sweet), but it would be nice to see Ray in the Av's jersey in these new releases too UD!!! ranting.gif

Okay now I'll stop ranting.gif before I blowup.gif

entry Sep 20 2006, 05:56 PM
eat.gif Nothing to comment on today, gonna go make a hamburger on the grill... pepsi.gif

entry Sep 18 2006, 04:39 PM
Just a thought...personally, I've always liked parallel sets. It's probably because the first hockey set I put together had two parallel sets - 95/96 UD Series 1 and 2. I never put together the "Gold Electric Ice" parallel set due to the costliness, but I did do the "Electric Ice" parallel set, took a few months of trading, but got all 570 in the set.

Just because I've seen a few rants against parallel sets...

I won't argue that some parallels have been kinda lame, but look at Topps Gold Label for an example of ones that were really well done, even the pictures were different for each one. Of course we no longer have that luxury in hockey anymore... dry.gif

entry Sep 17 2006, 07:53 PM
Today marks the start of my new non cards project - collecting one of each of the 30 NHL pocket skeds for the 06-07 season.

To help see this post, thanks.

Updates on the project will be posted here. smile.gif

entry Sep 17 2006, 06:25 PM
A little bit about why I'm a hockey fan...

I can watch football, and it's allright, but I don't follow the players at all, and it really doesn't matter to me who wins any given game.

baseball and basketball - both of these are fun to play, but I cannot sit and watch this stuff live or on TV, particularly with baseball since it's played in the summer when I have no time for TV.

soccer - I gave this a shot for a while, but found myself wanting the player tracking down the ball to deliver a nice check to the guy who had it, so after a season of being disappointed I lost interest.

lacrosse - I watch this from time to time, and I dig the physical nature of the game, but it just doesn't have the smooth feel of action on ice.

When it comes to Hockey I find myself on the edge of my seat tracking everything that is going on when I'm at the game. When I'm at home catching it on TV everything else fades in importance. Plus the wife loves the game too (she's a little more sappy when it comes to some of the players, okay, a LOT more sappy laugh.gif ) so it's something we can "do" together (and I don't get stuck with some moaning about watching some chick stuff wink.gif And man...you just can't beat a game basically every other day when its cold and dark outside. hockey.gif kicking.gif

entry Sep 16 2006, 09:27 AM
So I guess it is true...ifor every single person who buys into something you've said and makes mention...that's worth more than the millions who ignored it.

It seems like a lot of what I post here gets ignored dontgetit.gif , and many of the PM's I send go without response confused.gif, and that's okay, because I know there are those listening. smile.gif

Not to say that everything I post is worthy of further discussion...
laugh.gif laugh.gif thumbup.gif

entry Sep 11 2006, 01:21 PM
Think outside your little world - really, give it a try.

Just be sure to thank me for sudden gains in intelligence. biggrin.gif

entry Sep 9 2006, 08:12 PM
Five...more...days...until...training camp hockey.gif

entry Sep 8 2006, 03:06 PM
Progress on hockey collection the last two weeks - 0% laugh.gif blink.gif sad.gif

13 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »  
Lo-Fi Version Time: 25th April 2024 - 05:42 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright Š 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us