Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

SMTWTFS

My Blog Links

"Random Stuffing Ingredients"
or "How I became a Pirate", (hockey collecting)
Filter by Category:

5 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
 | Category: bag of bones
entry Mar 17 2010, 11:32 AM
So, I've put the collection on the market, just to see if anyone actually collects anymore.

I know there are people chasing this stuff, since they always outbid me on the bay - so it's time they bring their $$$ to me.

Wait and see...

entry Oct 26 2009, 06:47 PM
One thing I often find myself wondering:

Where have all the inserts and parallels gone?

I mean there were millions of these in the mid to late 90's, yet searching the trade boards yields only a handful of collectors who even admit to having them, much less seem to have a list of them marked for trade.

Oh, you can cruise the bay and find people trying to sell them as singles for $1 plus $3.50 shipping, but really, who's paying that for them - no one.

I don't mind paying $1 for an insert if it's something I lack for my PC, and often do so at shows or shops, but that's rather the top end of it, except in rare cases of wanting a specific one to finish a parallel set or the like.

Seriously, I have stuff on my want list for years on end that high books at $4...$4 really!?!

So I ask - where are they?

Give me a big box of mid to late 90's inserts and parallels to sift thru anytime smile.gif

entry Oct 21 2009, 07:26 PM
What's with people not using the Trade: Sell: or Want: title starters??

It would make things so much easier to have a Want sub-forum to keep that sorted out.

I've made the suggestion..but no support...that just seems bizarre... blink.gif

entry Dec 20 2008, 09:40 PM
Since I'm on a roll with the spirit of the season laugh.gif

Why do people post "Really want to make some trades" threads?

Attention geniuses...everyone is looking to make trades when they post in a trade forum...if you really wanted to show you "really want to trade", why isn't there a PM in my box from you?

unsure.gif Really, really...

entry Dec 19 2008, 07:56 PM
What is with traders who set up an account at multiple sites, contact you about a trade, then are never heard from again at any one of those sites?

It's not that they don't visit the sites, that's easy enough to check most places...so what was the point exactly???

Are they wacko.gif or confused.gif ? I just dontgetit.gif ...

entry Nov 28 2008, 04:13 PM
Reading thru some postings on another site...and noticed a trade offer of a nice card, and in return the person was looking for a nice auto of Roy, or a low-end auto of Crosby.

Is that a sad reflection on the state of this hobby today or what?

Wow.

entry Mar 17 2008, 08:32 PM
Heck of a day. Just got about 100 new cards sorted into toploaders and into the binders, still have a few to go. Some nice new adds in the way of insert issues I didn't have anything from previously. thumbup.gif

Nice addition, if you missed my mail day post, hunt it down and check it out, there are 14 scans in there of 6+ cards each. I didn't even scan half the stuff since it goes straight to tradelist and isn't the latest hot rookie or game used scrap, and will only be good to the serious long term types.

Found a new set to chase base singles from, for no particular reason 2000-01 Pacific. Like the on ice style of photography in the set, and the Avs won the cup that year, so it's a great year anyway.

Well back to the game.

entry Mar 10 2008, 09:50 PM
Anyone else wonder about the explosive growth of the site in membership numbers and the lack of an increase in your trading activity? huh.gif

Just wondering since I am.

entry Mar 9 2008, 04:48 PM
Sunshine today, time to get outside and enjoy some of it. wink.gif

entry Feb 29 2008, 03:07 PM
Gotta love it when a neighbor who never gave you the time of day moves out, and someone you know moves in.

sorcerer.gif punk.gif thumbsup.gif thumbup.gif bye.gif

entry Feb 26 2008, 07:06 PM
I buy toploaders in 55pt, cause that's how I roll.

entry Feb 25 2008, 04:51 PM
So I'm just about to head over to the card shop with some hard earned funds, when I decide to stop and check my PMs at various locales. Glad I did, as there was an offer of a decent lot of Avs cards at a nice price. Needless to say, the money went there instead of the card shop. Even tho I guess I need to stop by there for supplies as well...

Can't wait to share what hits the mailbox. smile.gif

So after a stop at the shop for supplies I realize that I just can't spend $3 a pack for the new UD2 release that for me is no better than the release 12 years ago that I paid $1.25 a pack for, and was more excited about.

entry Jan 19 2008, 03:57 PM
Put up a request in the Show and Tell for the 01-02 UD Stanley Cup Champs Avalanche sub-set I put together. Nice to get a request once in a while. smile.gif

That set was distributed in three card packs found in multiple products in 01-02 issues. Rather hard to come by a full set from my understanding. Heck, took long enough just to scrape together the singles for that 17 card sub-set.

I just noticed - There isn't a single steal in the Steals forums laugh.gif

That's it for today I guess. cool.gif

entry Jan 16 2008, 03:33 PM
Picked up a couple of the new rookies for the Avalanche this last week.

Got the Artifacts for Finger.

Picked up the Black Diamond and Young Guns for Hlinka.

Didn't really like the look of any of the other issues with RC's in them so far - the OPC, Trilogy and SPx issues just weren't visually appealing to me. I might pick them up later just since I'll need a few cards of these guys, but not chasing them down right out of the pack...

entry Dec 3 2007, 04:19 PM
You Punks have it easy...

Back in the day (c.1996 laugh.gif), we had to post our cards up for trade in a thread on the news feeds and wait for people to reply via email. Back then a lot of email went missing, so we were lucky if a trade offer came in. We had to scan the news threads several times daily to see if anyone had replied to our trade thread. If we were at home we had to use dial-up, so if someone else wanted to use the phone, we were out of luck. There were no fancy search features like every trade board has today. We had to sort thru threads for all sorts of off-topic stuff just to find threads with cards in 'em. There was no trade tracking. We had to drop them in a white envelope, and take our cards to the PO so they could stamp 'em "do not bend" and hope they made it to the destination without getting caught in the envelope destroying machine. There was no delivery confirmation except the guy we traded with emailing us that "he got the cards, did you get yours?"

All that, and amazingly, out of all those trades, I only had one card shipment ever go missing, and that was on the other guys' end... cool.gif

Really, things have gotten so much better in the on-line traders world. smile.gif

entry Nov 20 2007, 03:27 PM
Was thinking about something that was said earlier, and thought about it...In my years in the hockey collecting hobby I don't think I have ever sold a card. blink.gif

I've sold off some spare supplies on an occasion or two, but never a card that I can remember.

I've listed cards for sale...I do recall a couple offers on stuff I had for trade, but they were turned down. Probably my "it will all go in a trade" mindset at work there. smile.gif

Maybe because all the cards I've had on my trade list have gone elsewhere in a trade eventually. That's an interesting, and I believe extremely unusual, situation in this hobby.

Anyone else have an "unblemished" type of track record as far as their long term type collection?

entry Nov 19 2007, 09:19 PM
My beard is better than yours.

One day my beard will have braiding and a tartan to be even better than it is now.

It rules your beard in every way. devil.gif

entry Nov 19 2007, 09:05 PM
Got a nice pack of cards in the mail today - 98/99 Gold Label singles. Nice to have something to find some forward progress on, if that means returning to older set building then I guess that's what it takes.

Also had some joker tell me he really needed a short print card from me to finish his set, but when I told him I wanted $1 extra in BV in trade for it from what he had he balked that he wasn't trading "hot prospects" for the stuff I had laugh.gif ...yeah buddy, $9 worth of wicked hot prospects that haven't moved in two years for a card I broke my rules on and offered you off of my sell only list laugh.gif

Guess you blew that opportunity for everyone else... mellow.gif

...Guess I'll have to go back to a minimum BV$10 to do a trade with the cost of postage these days to weed those types of yokels out laugh.gif

So the hobby continues to ride rough seas, just make sure you've taken your seasick pills (and try not to hurl on your cards) wink.gif

entry Nov 12 2007, 08:29 PM
Don't you just love it when that guy you were discussing a trade sometime back with -- where he didn't want to trade you RC's for stuff that wasn't RC's...comes to you now and for those non-RC's he has to trade informs you he is looking for "hot" RC's in return.

Gravy skimmers begone!! mad.gif

entry Nov 10 2007, 04:22 PM
Can feel a couple trades coming soon...

Good, good, I like to get things squared away on a few nice trades before the holiday mailing season trashes delivery times for everything. smile.gif

5 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
Lo-Fi Version Time: 2nd April 2024 - 09:01 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us