Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> Monday Night Wars start off with a death!!!, The beatings continue

jaderock
post Mar 9 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 48
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Ummmm...not literally, but in the ratings, the 1st TNA show that is to go heads up against WWE on Monday from here on out scored a stinker.... 1.0!!! vs 3.4 for WWE RAW (also down).

A 1.0 rating for an advertised Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles and the return of RVD (albeit not really advertised) is even worse than their old regular Thursday time slot. Dixie must be clueless to all the self serving conmen and this has to been deemed an absolute FAILURE!

TNA is really surprizing us (well, themselves moreso) by NOT advertising the return of Sting, Jeff Hardy and the arrival of RVD and Shannon Moore.

In alot of ways, Impact was "the better" show, but everything gets lost. I mean they had Hogan, Flair, Sting all in the 1st 15 minutes with BLOOD!

How in the world do you screw up the 1st appearance of RVD?!? Have him beat Sting in 15 seconds, but then get LAID "the heck" OUT for the NEXT 10 minutes!!!!! That's how...wow...I was speechless after he scored the pin!

Jeff Hardy's new look - well his hair that is - looks GOD aweful...who is his barber? Boogie? How can you get past his hair??? That said, he looked good closing out the program.

Everyone has said it before...."so much talent, but nobody cares about anything they are doing!" Where's Samoa Joe - yeah the fat overweight Samoan? Wasn't he much more over 4 years ago?

Anyway...your thoughts?

As for WWE...McMahon vs Cena really didn't take place, but that was expected.

Watching Randy Orton LOSE to DiBiase (and Rhodes) clean in the middle was/is bringing Orton down 5 notches.

1st time I will give kudos to Triple H for NOT SPOTLIGHTING himself in WrestleMania...maybe he'll even lose to Shamus?? <<< Let's not get TOOO far ahead of ourselves <<< hell hasn't frozen over yet!

Kill the guest host gimick after Austin...please!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
jaderock
post Mar 16 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 48
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

2nd week results are in!!!! Raw recoveries a tad back to 3.7 and Impact falls to 0.8

Those in charge of TNA hot shot a lot of stuff last week (for 2 weeks) not holding ANYTHING off for the PPV, making the TV show the #1 priority...guess what - it doesn't matter cause they are losing viewers in spite of all the NEW (and expensive) NAME talent that are coming in.

I remember Hogan saying that he would leave if he couldn't turn TNA around...not sure what "turn around" meant, but maybe he meant "turning back the clock" (ie Nasty Boys...where's Beefcake?). Will he leave before Dixie Carter is bankrupt? Or will he be "polite" and just leave her in a sea of RED????

Last week, the 1st week of the "wars" (somewhat coined by Hogan and Bishoff as coming after the "big" dog), I flipped channels and caught bits and pieces of TNA's show which I thought overall was a better show. I even TAPED (VHS...yeah I'm old school or poor school) it but didn't even watch it. Glad they had a Thursday replay which garnered the SAME 1.0 rating on Monday. That said, the Thursday replay (old time slot) was a 1 time deal and not continual going forward <<< I hope I'm wrong!

This week, with a Lakers/Warriors game on ESPN and RAW, I didn't even bother to watch TNA.

What about you?

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jaderock   Monday Night Wars start off with a death!!!   Mar 9 2010, 10:33 PM
PJRoxx   TNA was by far a much better show. But to be hones...   Mar 9 2010, 11:10 PM
jaderock   PJ I agree to some extent that the way they did ...   Mar 10 2010, 05:43 AM
SinatraKing   I give it less than a year before Vince has bought...   Mar 10 2010, 01:52 AM
aceecards   wrestling was on monday night???? :lol:   Mar 10 2010, 07:11 AM
bravesfan09   Thanks to DVR I watched both shows in their entire...   Mar 10 2010, 01:25 PM
dodgerblue38501   The only real surprise to this new "Monday Ni...   Mar 11 2010, 03:00 PM
jaderock   1st Jeff Jarrett and now Hogan/Bischoff, Dixie is...   Mar 11 2010, 04:16 PM
jaderock   2nd week results are in!!!! Raw re...   Mar 16 2010, 05:27 PM
PJRoxx   I watched TNA and taped Raw. TNA was a MUCH better...   Mar 16 2010, 11:40 PM
jaderock   Talent, for the most part, is NEVER TNA's p...   Mar 17 2010, 11:11 PM
jaderock   Glad this week WILL have a replay on Thursday...   Mar 18 2010, 12:33 AM
PJRoxx   Jaderock -- I'm sure you'll agree with me ...   Mar 18 2010, 07:56 PM
jaderock   Live or not isn't really an issue with me (si...   Mar 18 2010, 10:31 PM
ffman   RAW was fairly weak (what I watched of it). I l...   Mar 18 2010, 08:09 PM
jaderock   3.7 rating RAW (Retirement show for HBK -- disappo...   Mar 31 2010, 02:48 PM
aceecards   I watched Raw at the very end to see HBK's r...   Mar 31 2010, 03:08 PM
dodgerblue38501   Well said Ace! HBK had some of the most memora...   Apr 4 2010, 02:25 AM
hobbyfan   Part of TNA's overall problem is its writing. ...   Apr 6 2010, 12:03 PM
aceecards   I watched perhaps the greatest NCAA championship...   Apr 6 2010, 12:40 PM
jaderock   I would and I even watch TNA in the 1st hour oppo...   Apr 6 2010, 01:12 PM
aceecards   Man, I watched basketball instead of flesh?? ;)   Apr 6 2010, 01:21 PM
jaderock   Officially, Impact changes its time slot ...   Apr 7 2010, 08:12 PM
jaderock   Spike officials announced that Impact will return ...   May 3 2010, 10:14 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 11:38 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us