Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Outline · Standard · [ Linear+ ]

> Hobby shops in Orange County?

knuckleballerMC
post Jul 29 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Mark
Transactions: 7
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Hi all,

Been quite a while since I posted on here, mainly because life has taken over and the last year and a half has flown by I've been so busy. Too busy for the hobby most of the time, also trying to save some $ (just graduated college in May).

I recently moved out to Orange County, and was curious as to if any of you guys are out here or used to be out here and know of any good card shops in the area. Looking to get more involved in collecting again and I always prefer to stop in a shop to buy a box rather than doing it online, so any suggestions or referrals are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Current project: Collecting cards from every Jets starter in this game: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...01101160nwe.htm

Currently collecting: Any and all Jets (all types of cards, too), Mark Sanchez, Yankees GU and autos, GU and autos from Syracuse University alumni in football and basketball.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies(1 - 4)
captkirk42
post Jul 30 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Old School Vintage
Group Icon

First Name: Kirk
Transactions: 228

eBay: captkirk42

OpenChecklist:
klandersen

Awards:
June 2012 Member of the Month

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Congrats Grad!
If nobody from around that area chimes in here is a good site to at least find shops, whether they are good or not is another story.

http://www.cardshopfinder.com/
They group shops by state and then by city so just click on your state and look for your city or a nearby city. I just noticed they have a "shop review" section as well I haven't tried that out but I'm guessing that you can look up potential shops and see what the ratings they have gotten from people who have used the site.

What I Collect
Washington DC area Sports teams and Vintage plus Non-Sport.
user posted image
MY WANT LIST:
Master Want List on Blog

BLOGS & STORES:
TCC BLOG/ CaptKirk42 Card Blog/ Curly W Cards/ CaptKirk42 on COMC/ My Ecrater Store/ My Squidoo.com lense

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
knuckleballerMC
post Jul 30 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #3

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Great, this site is excellent. Found one that's only about 10 minutes away that even has a couple solid reviews. There's one about 40 minutes away, up near Los Angeles, that has a video on the site and seems to be listed as one of the top shops. I'll have to check it out sometime!

Current project: Collecting cards from every Jets starter in this game: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...01101160nwe.htm

Currently collecting: Any and all Jets (all types of cards, too), Mark Sanchez, Yankees GU and autos, GU and autos from Syracuse University alumni in football and basketball.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
bigalexx
post Jul 30 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #4

TCC's #1 Ervin Santana Collector
Group Icon

First Name: Alex
Transactions: 85

View Gallery

Create Transaction

There's a great place in the City of Industry (Not too far from the Anaheim Area) known as Frank & Sons Collectible Show that's open every Saturday morning/afternoon and Wednesday night. I haven't been there in a year or so, but theres about 20 or so dealers who sell singles and such as well as a few wholesalers selling boxes at pretty good prices. It's my favorite place in the Los Angeles/Orange County area to go for boxes and cards in general.

Under Massive Renovations
My Bucket

Bring Me Your Ervin Santana Cards!!
user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
knuckleballerMC
post Jul 30 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #5

MVP
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(bigalexx @ Jul 30 2013, 10:16 PM)
There's a great place in the City of Industry (Not too far from the Anaheim Area) known as Frank & Sons Collectible Show that's open every Saturday morning/afternoon and Wednesday night. I haven't been there in a year or so, but theres about 20 or so dealers who sell singles and such as well as a few wholesalers selling boxes at pretty good prices. It's my favorite place in the Los Angeles/Orange County area to go for boxes and cards in general.

Sounds awesome! I think I may actually be free to go to this tomorrow night, too. Thanks man.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 23rd April 2024 - 05:49 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us