Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

5 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Somali Pirates, If it walks and talks like a Duck.......

kooljazz1966
post Apr 9 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #1

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Kenneth
Transactions: 241
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: kooljazz1966

Awards:
Rookie of the Year - 2006, Best Member Profile - 2006, 2016 TCC Fantasy BB League Champion

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

WASHINGTON (AP) — FBI hostage negotiators joined U.S. Navy efforts Thursday to free an American cargo ship captain held captive on a lifeboat by Somali pirates. A U.S. destroyer and a spy plane kept a close watch in the high-seas standoff near the Horn of Africa.
The pirates took Capt. Richard Phillips hostage Wednesday after they hijacked the U.S.-flagged Maersk Alabama, but the cargo ship's crew overpowered them and at least four then fled to an enclosed lifeboat. It was the first such attack on American sailors in about 200 years.

Kevin Speers, a spokesman for the Maersk shipping company, said the pirates have made no demands yet to the company. He said the safe return of the captain is now its top priority.

The Maersk Alabama is again underway to the Kenyan port of Mombasa — its original destination, according to Capt. Joseph Murphy, a professor at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy whose son, Shane Murphy, is second in command. A person reached by The Associated Press by phone on the bridge of the vessel confirmed that "We're moving."

A U.S. official, speaking on grounds of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation, also said a military team of armed guards was aboard the Maersk Alabama. Joseph Murphy said there 18 guards aboard.

The Maersk Alabama is expected to arrive in Kenya on Saturday, Murphy said, adding that he was being briefed by the shipping company.

"From the standpoint of the families, we're ecstatic," he said. "The families, the crew themselves have been under a lot of stress."

Earlier Thursday, the USS Bainbridge had arrived near the Maersk Alabama and the lifeboat with the pirates and Phillips, Speers said, adding that the lifeboat was out of fuel.

"The boat is dead in the water," he told AP Radio. "It's floating near the Alabama. It's my understanding that it's floating freely."

The U.S. Navy has sent up P-3 Orion surveillance aircraft and has video of the scene.

President Obama, facing one of his first national security tests, declined comment when asked about the standoff. Vice President Biden said the administration was working " 'round the clock" on the problem.

FBI spokesman Richard Kolko described the bureau's hostage negotiating team as "fully engaged" with the military in strategizing ways to retrieve the ship's captain.

One senior Pentagon official, speaking on grounds of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation, described the incident now as a "somewhat of a standoff."

Though officials declined to say how close the Bainbridge is to the pirates, one official said of the bandits: "They can see it with their eyes." He spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of talking about a military operation in progress.

The Bainbridge was among several U.S. ships that had been patrolling in the region when the 17,000-ton Maersk Alabama was captured by the pirates. It was the sixth vessel seized in a week.

Somali Foreign Minister Mohamed Omaar said the pirates "cannot win" against U.S. forces.

"The pirates are playing with fire and have got themselves into a situation where they have to extricate themselves because there is no way they can win," he told the AP.

Phillips' family was at his Vermont farmhouse, anxiously watching news reports and taking telephone calls from the State Department.

"We are on pins and needles," said Gina Coggio, 29, half sister of Phillips' wife, Andrea, as she stood on the porch of the one-story house Wednesday in a light snow. "I know the crew has been in touch with their own family members, and we're hoping we'll hear from Richard soon."

Phillips surrendered himself to the pirates to keep the crew safe, Coggio said.

"What I understand is that he offered himself as the hostage," she said. "That is what he would do. It's just who he is and his response as a captain."

Coggio said she believed negotiations were underway, although she did not specify between whom.

Steve Romano, a retired head of the FBI hostage negotiation team, said he does not recall the FBI ever negotiating with pirates before, but he said this situation is similar to other standoffs. The difficulty will be negotiating with people who clearly have no way out, he said.

"There's always a potential for tragedy here, and when people feel their options are limited, they sometimes react in more unpredictable and violent ways," Romano said.

The question now, he said, is: "How much do they value their own lives? Because their only motivation now is to try to survive this incident."

Freeing the captain is the priority, and Romano said negotiators may have to promise to let the pirates go to accomplish that.

"That might be the end result here," he said. "The life of the captain is the most important thing. We can always apprehend felons later."

With one warship nearby and more on the way, piracy expert Roger Middleton of the London-based think tank Chatham House said the pirates were facing difficult choices.

"The pirates are in a very, very tight corner," Middleton said. "They've got only one guy, they've got nowhere to hide him, they've got no way to defend themselves effectively against the military who are on the way and they are hundreds of miles from Somalia."

The pirates would probably try to get to a mothership, he said, one of the larger vessels that tow the pirates' speedboats out to sea and resupply them as they lie in wait for prey. But they also would be aware that if they try to take Phillips to Somalia, they might be intercepted. And if they hand him over, they would almost certainly be arrested.

Other analysts say the U.S. will be reluctant to use force as long as one of its citizens remains hostage. French commandos, for example, have mounted two military operations against pirates once the ransom had been paid and its citizens were safe.

Many of the pirates have shifted their operations down the Somali coast from the Gulf of Aden to escape naval warship patrols, which had some success in preventing attacks last year.

International attention focused on Somali pirates last year after the audacious hijackings of an arms shipment and a Saudi oil supertanker. Warships from more than a dozen nations are patrolling off the Somali coast, but analysts say the multimillion-dollar ransoms paid out by companies ensure piracy in war-ravaged, impoverished Somalia will not disappear.

The attacks often beg the question of why ship owners do not arm their crews to fend off attacks. Much of the problem lies with the cargo. The Saudi supertanker, for example, was loaded with 2 million barrels of oil. The vapor from that cargo was highly flammable; a spark from the firing of a gun could cause an explosion.

There also is the problem of keeping the pirates off the ships — once they're on board, they will very likely fight back and people will die.

Pirates travel in open skiffs with outboard engines, working with larger ships that tow them far out to sea. They use satellite navigational and communications equipment, and have an intimate knowledge of local waters, clambering aboard commercial vessels with ladders and grappling hooks.

Any blip on an unwary ship's radar screens, alerting the crew to nearby vessels, is likely to be mistaken for fishing trawlers or any number of smaller, non-threatening ships that take to the seas every day.

It helps that the pirates' prey are usually massive, slow-moving ships. By the time anyone notices, pirates will have grappled their way onto the ship, brandishing AK-47s.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This current administration is ridiculous!!! ......The Pirates are not mere criminals afforded rights IMO. They are Flat out Terrorist and should be dealt with swiftly and accordingly in my opinion.

The U.S. is turning into a joke! Obama gets asked about the situation and he flutters and says they are working on the housing situation.

Billary Clinton literally chuckles and laughs about the situation. She's clueless.[/b}

I'm glad Marine Gen. Jones has his act together.

BTW folks a hostage situation is a terrorist act by definition!

We are still at War on multiple fronts!!

-kjazzzzzzzzz
dry.gif

I Collect mid-high end sportcards, RCs, HOFer Autos

Real Time Hits as I pull them , etc...

The Vault...Enter at your own risk!!

Can a brother get a little Mojo?!!.....Just a li'l bit!!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KHarmon
post Apr 9 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Beware the killer armadiller!!!!
Group Icon

Transactions: 163

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I'm happy that you brought this up. This could very well be a test of the new administrations resolve and ability to handle adversity. A lack of swift action could give world terror organizations a sign that the new administration lacks the back bone to effectively respond to terror groups. If O'Bama doesn't go beyond words and sabre rattling it could be the invitation they have been looking for to escalate terror attacks against other US Ships or carry out another attack here.

This may very well be the test of this administration that I mentioned yesterday. I gotta go to the store and pick up more chips and salsa.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!!
http://texasrangercollector.webs.com/
user posted image
Looking for ANY and ALL Texas Rangers 72 to present!!!!

MLB Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
Ilovetheheat
post Apr 9 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #3

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Jeremy
Transactions: 259

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Maybe, just maybe I am missing something. There must have been something in the news I did not read or hear about. huh.gif

I agree that these so called "Pirates" are nothing more than terrorists. However, my reason for posting is to ask a simple question...... What part of this entire ordeal has made the current administration look "Ridiculous"?

Is there suppose to be some type of press conference disclosing the military's strategy on the rescue of the boats captain? blink.gif I mean seriously, do you think anybody in the know is going to tell you what is being done or planned concerning this situation? unsure.gif

This is a delicate situation and has to be handled accordingly. Big Guns and balls does not solve every problem. This situation cannot be dealt with "Swiftly".

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
hadly
post Apr 9 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #4

Headly
Group Icon

First Name: Matt
Transactions: 117

eBay: headly

View Gallery

Create Transaction

According to the current administation they're not "Terrorists"...they're "men creating disasters"!?!

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
KHarmon
post Apr 9 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Beware the killer armadiller!!!!
Group Icon

Transactions: 163

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(hadly @ Apr 9 2009, 02:43 PM)
According to the current administation they're not "Terrorists"...they're "men creating disasters"!?!

WOW!!! That's the first "politically correct" title for a terrorist I have ever heard!!!!

laugh.gif

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!!
http://texasrangercollector.webs.com/
user posted image
Looking for ANY and ALL Texas Rangers 72 to present!!!!

MLB Team:
+Quote Post
kooljazz1966
post Apr 9 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #6

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:
Rookie of the Year - 2006, Best Member Profile - 2006, 2016 TCC Fantasy BB League Champion

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Ilovetheheat @ Apr 9 2009, 02:28 PM)
Maybe, just maybe I am missing something. There must have been something in the news I did not read or hear about. huh.gif

I agree that these so called "Pirates" are nothing more than terrorists. However, my reason for posting is to ask a simple question...... What part of this entire ordeal has made the current administration look "Ridiculous"?

Is there suppose to be some type of press conference disclosing the military's strategy on the rescue of the boats captain? blink.gif  I mean seriously, do you think anybody in the know is going to tell you what is being done or planned concerning this situation? unsure.gif

This is a delicate situation and has to be handled accordingly. Big Guns and balls does not solve every problem. This situation cannot be dealt with "Swiftly".

If you actually read my first post...

When Pres. Obama was asked about the "Crisis" his buzz word for everything. He showed his inability to multitask. He was flustered and said he was more concerned about the housing situation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may not be the sharpest knife in the kitchen but I know how to prioritorize, Meaning I understand what takes precedence over the other. ###### the housing market/situation right now!!! We are dealing with American Hostage(s). No brainer to me.

-kjazzzzzzz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sec of State "Billary" I mean Hillary Clinton showed her true ability to answer the Bat phone when asked about the situation....She went on an skewed history overture of pirates in the past The Barbary Coast, Morroco, etc...while cackling with laughter. She is a joke!...Well we will address this with our international partners....blah, blah,...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ilovetheheat, don't even try to lecture me on OPSEC or security..I'll make your head spin and put you in tears literally, not fantasy buddy!

Ongoing updates without classified or secure info can be revealed to the public to ensure sober and competent blokes are behind the wheel. Again, thank God for the military that I love and for allowing me to sleep good at night.

-kjazzz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't get me started on Ms Janet Naliopatano (sp)...yeah she has the masterplan to keep our borders intact alright!.... I would hate to wish harm on us all to prove a point. It appears no one will have to do that at the rate things are headed. All eyes will open up soon enough, but then again some folks would likely say we deserved what we got!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a God fearing Christian that still has room improvement but I remain a work in progress.

-kooljazz1966
smile.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Ilovetheheat
post Apr 9 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #7

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 03:41 PM)
If you actually read my first post...

When Pres. Obama was asked about the "Crisis" his buzz word for everything. He showed his inability to multitask.  He was flustered and said he was more concerned about the housing situation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may not be the sharpest knife in the  kitchen but I know how to prioritorize, Meaning I understand what takes precedence over the other. ###### the housing market/situation right now!!! We are dealing with American Hostage(s). No brainer to me.

Ken, I read your first post. Maybe you did not read mine.

So one American held hostage takes priority over a housing crisis that is affecting millions? unsure.gif Part of being the American president is the benefit of having numerous people around you to delegate responsibilities to. Yes, that one person should not be on the top of presidents priority list. That is why he has an entire cabinet of members with various duties and responsibilities. Thousands of Americans are kidnapped every year.... Is the president suppose to personally deal with each and each one of those cases?

Yes, this is an unfortunate event and my sympathy goes out to his family but what more do you want? A personal phone call from President Obama with his reassurances?

When my relatives were kidnapped and held for ransom in Haiti we didnt have the military on our side or the media press. Thats the difference between the two. Kidnappings happen all the time.

I am not trying to downplay what happened. Do not misunderstand me. However, calling our presidents administration "Ridiculous" because the press releases concerning our efforts at the captains rescue were not up to your standards is mind boggling to me.

Sec of State "Billary" I mean Hillary Clinton showed her true ability to answer the Bat phone when asked about the situation....She went on an skewed history overture  of pirates in the past The Barbary Coast, Morroco, etc...while cackling with laughter. She is a joke!...Well we will address this with our international partners....blah, blah,...

Ilovetheheat, don't even try to lecture me on OPSEC or security..I'll make your head spin and put you in tears literally, not fantasy buddy!

Ongoing updates without classified or secure info can be revealed to the public to ensure sober and competent blokes are behind the wheel.  Again, thank God for the military that I love and for allowing me to sleep good at night.

What type of update do you want?
If you understand the delicate nature of the situation then you should know what can and cannot be said? Again, outside of what was said what more do you want?

Don't get me started on Ms Janet Naliopatano (sp)...yeah she has the masterplan to keep our borders intact alright!.... I would hate to wish harm on us all to prove a point. It appears no one will have to do that at the rate things are headed. All eyes will open up soon enough, but then again some folks would likely say we deserved what we got!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a God fearing Christian that still has room improvement but I remain a work in progress.

-kooljazz1966
smile.gif

I wont even comment on the above quote. I am not a Janet N. fan however things like the event that just occurred would and will happen regardless of who holds whatever position.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
kooljazz1966
post Apr 9 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #8

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Ilovetheheat @ Apr 9 2009, 04:05 PM)
Ken, I read your first post. Maybe you did not read mine.

So one American held hostage takes priority over a housing crisis that is affecting millions? unsure.gif  Part of being the American president is the benefit of having numerous people around you to delegate responsibilities to. Yes, that one person should not be on the top of presidents priority list. That is why he has an entire cabinet of members with various duties and responsibilities. Thousands of Americans are kidnapped every year.... Is the president suppose to personally deal with each and each one of those cases?

Yes, this is an unfortunate event and my sympathy goes out to his family but what more do you want? A personal phone call from President Obama with his reassurances?

When my relatives were kidnapped and held for ransom in Haiti we didnt have the military on our side or the media press. Thats the difference between the two. Kidnappings happen all the time.

I am not trying to downplay what happened. Do not misunderstand me. However, calling our presidents administration "Ridiculous" because the press releases concerning our efforts at the captains rescue were not up to your standards is mind boggling to me.
What type of update do you want?
If you understand the delicate nature of the situation then you should know what can and cannot be said? Again, outside of what was said what more do you want?
I wont even comment on the above quote. I am not a Janet N. fan however things like the event that just occurred would and will happen regardless of who holds whatever position.

Again you missed my point...Ever played Risk or Battleship before...never mind wrong analogy anyway...Nonetheless, the the ship in question was flying the American Flag. I understand symbology may not ring a bell or strike a chord with you but The American Flag symbolizes something for me. I see you have your opinion and I have mine. No harm no foul. Unfortunately, yes tragedies happen daily. For example, I don't expect Pres. Obama to get personally invovled with the Nick Adenhart fatality; but IMO the Somali pirate issue is a whole different situation. Career Professionals similar to me understand that and we accept uninformed comments from the masses.

Peace,

-kjazzzzzz

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
sahetu
post Apr 9 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #9

aka nerfderfy
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Andrew
Transactions: 115

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Somali pirates and their hostage American sea captain were adrift in a lifeboat Thursday off the Horn of Africa, shadowed by a U.S. destroyer with more warships on the way in a U.S. show of force. The U.S. brought in FBI hostage negotiators to work with the military in trying to secure the release of Capt. Richard Phillips of Underhill, Vt. An official said the bandits were in talks with the Navy about resolving the standoff peacefully.

Let's see... a lifeboat shadowed by a U.S. destroyer with FBI negotiators to get the American back alive...MORE US ships on the way...let me repeat A LIFEBOAT.

Evidently we aren't doing enough in this situation. I say a sub firing a torpedo across the bow of the LIFEBOAT and a full contingent of seals storming the LIFEBOAT should do the trick. Yeah, they won't shoot the hostage when all that happens, we'll be heroes.

"My common sense is tingling..."

The Wax Wombat moniker has been retired. Doesn't seem right anymore,
as I don't own the domain, have that blog, or rip much wax these days.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
historian1974
post Apr 9 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #10

Resident Historian
Group Icon

First Name: Jerry
Transactions: 5

eBay: scsipro

View Gallery

Create Transaction

The Somali Pirate "issue" has been around for quite some time. Many other countries have fallen prey to these guys, yet it is now a "crisis" and should be a priority since an American ship has been siezed? Ah yes, this is the "test" that Mr. Obama will fail to prove he is unfit to be President.

R.I.P. Mr. Borgnine

user posted image

Thank you for your wisdom of longevity.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
kooljazz1966
post Apr 9 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #11

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(historian1974 @ Apr 9 2009, 04:53 PM)
Ah yes, this is the "test" that Mr. Obama will fail to prove he is unfit to be President.

Again, your wishful thinking will prove fruitless. My comrades in uniform will do what others have no heart to do. IMO, every male old enough to serve should serve at least two years to prove their worth to reap the benefits this country offers.

IMO, on another note the illegal alien issue could easily be solved by service in combat under the American Flag.

wink.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
Ilovetheheat
post Apr 9 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #12

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 04:34 PM)
Again you missed my point...Ever played Risk or Battleship before...never mind wrong analogy anyway...Nonetheless, the the ship in question was flying the American Flag. I understand symbology may not ring a bell or strike a chord with you but The American Flag symbolizes something for me. I see you have your opinion and I have mine. No harm no foul. Unfortunately, yes tragedies happen daily. For example, I don't expect Pres. Obama to get personally invovled with the Nick Adenhart fatality; but IMO the Somali pirate issue is a whole different situation.  Career Professionals similar to me understand that and we accept uninformed comments from the masses.

Peace,

-kjazzzzzz

Do not insult me.
You and I have a difference of opinion. Leave it at that.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
historian1974
post Apr 9 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #13

Resident Historian
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 06:06 PM)
Again, your wishful thinking will prove fruitless.

That sir, was sarcasm.

R.I.P. Mr. Borgnine

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
kooljazz1966
post Apr 9 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #14

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 04:34 PM)
......The American Flag symbolizes something for me. I see you have your opinion and I have mine. No harm no foul.
Peace,

-kjazzzzzz

For Ilovetheheat again...see above...I'm pretty good at cutting and pasting and jumping on the part I want to as well....I have thick skin and my panties don't get ruffled easily.

Historian....not sarcasim....I'm just keeping it real brother. He can't fail in less than 2 years regardless of what the masses may or may not think....It's called Politics with media influence.

wink.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
sahetu
post Apr 9 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #15

aka nerfderfy
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 06:06 PM)
IMO, every male old enough to serve should serve at least two years to prove their worth to reap the benefits this country offers.

Unless they don't take you because they don't think your the right stuff...

Wouldn't matter now, they'd take anyone with iffy knees or worse... But now I'm too old. wink.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Ilovetheheat
post Apr 9 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #16

HOF
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 05:28 PM)
For Ilovetheheat again...see above...I'm pretty good at cutting and pasting and jumping on the part I want to as well.

I posted your quote in its entirety. Any blind person can read that was a jab at me.
I am not stupid. Do not treat me like I am.

Just because you served in the military does give you the right to look down on me or others.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
historian1974
post Apr 9 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #17

Resident Historian
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 06:28 PM)
Historian....not sarcasim....I'm just keeping it real brother. He can't fail in less than 2 years regardless of what the masses may or may not think....It's called Politics with media influence.

wink.gif

Yes...that was my point. What I said was not wishful thinking, but sarcasm.

R.I.P. Mr. Borgnine

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
kooljazz1966
post Apr 9 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #18

U.S. Army (Retired)
Group Icon
Group Icon

Awards:

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(sahetu @ Apr 9 2009, 05:30 PM)
Unless they don't take you because they don't think your the right stuff...

Wouldn't matter now, they'd take anyone with iffy knees or worse... But now I'm too old. wink.gif

Trust me, see my avatar...Uncle Sam has a job just for you. We put the women left behind to work during WWI/II....I'll take you blind, crippled, and crazy....afterwards you'll be better for it and better for this country.

wink.gif

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
historian1974
post Apr 9 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #19

Resident Historian
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Ilovetheheat @ Apr 9 2009, 06:31 PM)

Just because you served in the military does give you the right to look down on me or others.

Furthermore, nor does it mean one will not be a productive American.

R.I.P. Mr. Borgnine

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sahetu
post Apr 9 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #20

aka nerfderfy
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 9 2009, 06:33 PM)
Trust me, see my avatar...Uncle Sam has a job just for you. We put the women left behind to work during WWI/II....I'll take you blind, crippled, and crazy....afterwards you'll be better for it and better for this country.

wink.gif

I was turned away in '97 hehe. I was too 'fat' and my knees were weak because of it.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th April 2024 - 11:12 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us