Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sportlots or COMC?, Buyers and seellers both weigh in

vrrcards
post Jul 9 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Veteran
Group Icon

First Name: Vince

eBay: magomania

SportsBuy: 8559

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

What is your preference for buying and/or selling? Sportlots or Check Out My Cards and why? I'd like to see your comments. I have my opinions of both but will wait for some responses so not to bias the topic from the start.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dielonthug
post Jul 11 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Its pronouced Die-lon-thug
Group Icon

First Name: Dylan
Transactions: 69
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

checkoutmycards has a great site. shipping is high. kinda forgot about sportlots...will have to start using it as well. Dont like the fact that there are no pictures to anything.

"Card collecting is primarily an inherited love of pictures." - Jefferson Burdick

DIELON'S BUCKET

NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
vrrcards
post Jul 17 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #3

Veteran
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(dielonthug @ Jul 11 2011, 05:35 PM)
checkoutmycards has a great site. shipping is high. kinda forgot about sportlots...will have to start using it as well. Dont like the fact that there are no pictures to anything.

Sellers have the ability to load pictures and you have the ability to request them. The lowest threshold to ask for a pic is $1, but sellers have the ability to set this higher.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
captkirk42
post Jul 18 2011, 04:36 PM
Post #4

Old School Vintage
Group Icon

First Name: Kirk
Transactions: 228

eBay: captkirk42

OpenChecklist:
klandersen

Awards:
June 2012 Member of the Month

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

For the smaller budget (like mine) sportlots is much better for buying because of the more reasonable shipping rates, but you also need to keep in mind it is up to the seller on how they ship. Translation you will get a lot of PWEs from sportlots sellers. For many of the 1,2,3 auctions I enter there I don't mind much but I did get PO'd from an Ebay seller that sent in an PWE. (My official rant is in my CaptKirk42's Collection thread (post #58 if the link is hokey)

At one point I was thinking of trying my hand at selling at sportlots but right now my collection, and cards I would sell are way too disorganized (plus I don't have my printer hooked up at home to print out the invoices/orders). Even though I don't sell a whole heck of a lot at COMC (one card like every 4-6 months or so) and don't have much of anything spectacular there. It would probably be better for me to add more cards there (at COMC). From a selling point the great thing is they have the stock so you don't have to worry about how to ship stuff.

What I Collect
Washington DC area Sports teams and Vintage plus Non-Sport.
user posted image
MY WANT LIST:
Master Want List on Blog

BLOGS & STORES:
TCC BLOG/ CaptKirk42 Card Blog/ Curly W Cards/ CaptKirk42 on COMC/ My Ecrater Store/ My Squidoo.com lense

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
vrrcards
post Jul 25 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #5

Veteran
Group Icon

View Gallery

Create Transaction

If you buy something from the Sportlots store you select budget or premium shipping. Both options are there for those who do not care if their card is shipped in a PWE and those who want their card shipped properly.

As far as shipping at COMC that is flat out ridiculous. $3.00 for the first card and .25 for each additional and if you want them to use a toploader you have to pay another quarter per card.

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
dielonthug
post Jul 25 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #6

Its pronouced Die-lon-thug
Group Icon

First Name: Dylan
Transactions: 69

View Gallery

Create Transaction

COMC, even though I really hate how high the shipping is, they always ship things well, and they really have helped me as a player collector. I can just add things weekly or daily as things pop up on the site. I understand they have to make money, and I figure if I would have bought singles on ebay I wouldve payed through the nose for shipping.

"Card collecting is primarily an inherited love of pictures." - Jefferson Burdick

DIELON'S BUCKET

NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th April 2024 - 11:38 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us